Friday 27 August 2021

I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 5

 

TL Note: I decided to work with Otaku translations from now on, so I will not be posting on my wordpress anymore. thank you for the support. -Shura


Chapter 5: Apology, and confirmation of the editor



“I apologize for my subordinate’s rudeness.”



Right now I am inside the Editor-in-chief’s office.


In front of me, a man who gives the impression of an elite salaryman, is lowering his head.


It seems this person is the editor-in-chief of this publisher.



“Please raise your head! It’s not like they did anything to me!”


“It is fortunate that you say that. You are a wonderful person.”


“You are being too polite, I am not at that level yet.”


“That’s not true, we would like to offer you a contract.”

“C,Contract??”


“Yes, it will come with an editor to work with you. But considering what happened a while ago, there would be people who would not take up the offer. Of course, we would accept it if sensei doesn’t want to form a contract with us anymore.”


“Ah, Umm… If you’re fine with me, I would like to form a contract, would there be no problem?”



From my perspective, it is a big company after all, and Tenjouin-sensei is also here, so personally I would be comfortable here.


But like the Editor-in-charge said, if it was someone who was called over for the first time and was treated like that in the first meeting, they probably wouldn’t want to form a contract.


And I think the editor-in-chief is also working to improve on this, and the person a while ago probably wouldn’t do the same thing anymore either.


If that’s the case, then thinking in the long term, I don’t think I’ll have any losses in signing this contract.



“I am thankful for that. The editor in charge of you will be Amano. Please enter.”


“Yes, Please excuse me.”



Wow, it’s an incredible beauty.


Her short black hair is arranged neatly, and from her serious looking face, you could get a glimpse of her personality.


She looks very dependable.



“Ouch-”



I take back what I said, is this person alright?


She tripped on nothing just now.



“*clears throat* She is Amano Kaede. Although she’s a bit of an airhead like just now, her abilities have been proven. And then, Amano-kun, this is Haru-sensei.”


“Eh!? This person is Haru-sensei? Oh my, is someone like me suitable to be a god’s editor!?”


“Is what she said, but is it fine for you, sensei?”


“I don’t really mind if it’s Amano-san, though?”



To be honest, I was worried about what to do if it was a strict man or woman who came, but Amano-san seems like she’s easy to talk to, so I can ask her for some advice as well.


Introverts are afraid of people who release strong pressure after all.



“That’s a relief. Come on Amano, say your greetings.”


“Yesh-! Please take care of me from now on, sensei.”


“Please take care of me as well.”


ーーーーーーーーーーーー



“Well then, you came to the office today for the matter with the novelisation, right?”


“That’s right.”


“Ah, you don’t need to use formal language.”


“I like to use formal language with those older than me as much as possible, so it’s fine like this. Amano-san as well, you don’t need to use formal language with me.”


“Please don’t, using informal language with a god would be too much for me. Rather, if sensei wishes to, you don’t need to use honorifics with me.”

“No… not using honorifics would surely be… Also I’m not a god.”


“No, what are you even saying. Have you not taken a look at the internet news?”


“I haven’t really seen it.”


“You made a twitter account, right?”


“That’s right.”


“That became internet news.”


“Un?”


“Please take a look at this.”



As she said, On the internet news article she showed me, the headline was [Haru has finally made a twitter!?]



“What is this?”


“You updated the latest chapter at 12am, right?”


“Yes.” 



I do feel like I scheduled it like that.



“And in the afterword you wrote [I started a twitter account] and posted a link.”


“I did do that.”


“In the first place there are a lot of fake Haru-sensei accounts. And sensei’s account was using the default profile picture. Just looking at it for the first time, no one would be able to guess that it was really you.”



Ah… so it was like that.


I only posted [I started a twitter account.] so I wouldn’t know.


So that’s why there were hate-filled comments.



“But because of the posted link that went to the account with the default profile picture everyone found out it was real, and this is how it made it to the news.”


“That’s quite an exaggerated reaction… I don’t think I'm that popular though. I was gone for 2 years without even a single sign after all.”



When I said that Amano-san opened her eyes wide.



“What are you saying!? When sensei’s work was completed, it got explosively popular, and it was talked about all over the internet, even to this day it’s still very popular. Sensei also properly replied to the comments, didn’t you?”



That’s of course.


Comments are a source of motivation for me to post the next chapter after all, and most of all it helps me know that someone properly read what I wrote, as much as I can I would reply to them.



“After I completed the story, I distanced myself from Nachaou, so I didn’t know. I also deactivated my notifications after all.”


“Because you suddenly stopped replying to comments, people started making up a theory about you being dead.”


“Huh???”


“After you completed it, you stopped replying to comments, so people thought you laid down your life just to complete it.”



What is that? Ash*ta no Joe?



“But like this, you posted a new work, and just like 2 years ago, it’s also a godly work, that’s why your popularity is blowing up again.



When I checked my twitter again, there was an incredible amount of comments, and lots of retweets and likes.


There’s over 100k of them, though?



“Without realizing it there’s already 150k followers…”


“That just goes to show how many people like sensei.”


“That… makes me happy.”


“Well then, about this time’s novelisation, we will be discussing sensei's previous work [Mission] being novelised.”


“You’ll novelise it? It’s been 2 years since then though…”


“It’s fine even if it’s been 2 years, even if we released it right now it should still be popular.”



Is that so? To be honest, you can read it on the internet, so I think people who’d go out of the way just to buy the book wouldn’t be a lot.




“Since it will be novelised, we would like to ask sensei to write an afterword.”


“That’s fine with me, but do you think it would sell well?”


“...”


“What’s wrong?”


“Are you trying to be humble? Just like I said earlier, sensei’s popularity is incredible. That popular sensei’s book will surely be popular as well. I’m sorry, I spoke outside my station.”



If Amano-san rates it that highly, then I shouldn’t have to worry.



“I understand, then I will write the afterword. I will be sending it in after a few days.”


“With that, why don’t we exchange contacts?”


“That’s right, let’s do so then.”



I exchanged LIME contacts with Amano-san.



“Yay! I exchanged contacts with god!!!”


“You don’t have to exaggerate like that…”


“No, I will treat it carefully.”



O,ok. 



“We will leave the fixing of the typos to sensei. Since we will be releasing this as light novels we will be adding illustrations.”



Ooh!! Illustrations!


They’ll add illustrations to my work!? awesome!!



“One of the people who we’re looking into to be an illustrator is Amatsu Atsume-sensei.”



I know who Amatsu Atsume-sensei is.


She’s the artist(parent) of several Vtubers. Vtuber’s are streamers that act as a character behind a cg avatar.


Amatsu-sensei also does activities as a Vtuber.


She has around 3 million subscribers.


She has a cute voice, good at drawing, and really good at talking, so it makes her very popular.


Her main activities are drawing, but she also does collabs with Vtubers she designed.



“Are you serious?”


“Yes, or rather, they applied to be the illustrator themself.”


“Eeh!?”


“Is something the matter?”


“No, There’s no reason for me to refuse. Please let her be the illustrator!”



With a smile, she said [We’ll let her know of your approval.].



“Well then, that would be all for today.”


“Thank you very much!.”


“We would like to thank you as well. If there’s something you would like to ask, please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time.”


“I understand, then please excuse me.”



I left the publishing company.


On the way back I met Tenjouin-sensei again, but I made it back home before it got dark.



“I already scheduled the next chapter post, I should start slowly fixing the typos.”



Hou-... I let out a breath after I took a sip of my cafe au lait.


It’s an extremely sweet cafe au lait with 9 cubes of sugar added.


This is also an influence by Tenrai-kun.



“To think it would be Amatsu Atsume-sensei who’ll be in charge of the illustrations… I’m happy.”



Unexpectedly, it seems sensei also read my work.


I want to directly say my thanks to them, but they’re probably very busy.



12 comments:

  1. And here I thought I wouldn't read another chapter. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Author, none of the donation links works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I haven't had the time to set any up yet.

      Delete
  3. Thank the Gods I thought this was going to be another translation with a few releases and the dropped by the translator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, can't blame you considering my history.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the chap!! Thought this might have been dropped, even though it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can pin few vtuber artist that became a mama and does a family collab, but with 3m subs~?
    Idk, maybe Gurandma in future~?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the last week of December 2021 but thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete