Tuesday 16 November 2021

Tensei Shitara Yadoya Chapter 13

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next

Apprentice Theatre Actress

After Dad gave Letty the fruit to satisfy her, we moved into the kitchen to start preparing dinner.

We had to prepare the vegetables, mushrooms, and meat from the market that we had bought today.

While my father showed me how to prepare Aegfang’s meat, I cut up the vegetables and made the cream stew.

Normally, I would put chicken in the stew, but today, because of Aegfang's meat, I put in a lot of what my father had prepared.

Perhaps it was because the flavour of Aegfang's meat had leached out, but the kitchen was filled with the delicious smell of a rich stew.

“Mmm! Isn't this Aegfang's meat!”

It seems that Michael, who had just returned from work, had already detected this. I could see Michael hurriedly questioning my mother.

“Wow! It smells good!”

“Oh, stew!”

“There's meat in that smell!”

It seems that not only Michael, but also the adventurers Hermina, Seek and Ralph have just returned.

“I love Abel's stew, don't you?”

“I hear Tori's been making it instead of Abel lately.”

“Oh, really?”

Hermina peeked into the kitchen doorway, I smiled lightly and waved my hand.

“It's true. Tori's making it, isn't he?”

“I mean, what's that big piece of meat Abel's cutting up?”

“Isn't that … monster meat?”

I simmered my own stew, while my father made the turnip and mushroom soup. We will finish the dish using the Aegfang meat.

Many inn guests will be returning in the evening.

At night, many of them drink, and the amount of food they eat increases considerably. This kind of menu would be devoured in no time at all. We'll have to cook more and more.

“Tori, can you simmer up the turnip and mushroom soup?”

“Sure.”

At last, Dad seemed to have thrown the whole soup at me.

I sat idly watching the two huge pots and the heat, occasionally helping him cook.

While I was doing this, the sky was gradually changing its colour to red.

After that, the townspeople who have finished their work rush in at once.

I still haven't left the kitchen, so I don't know what's going on, but from the many voices coming from the cafeteria and the voices of Letty and my mother guiding me, I can imagine that the place is nearly full.

“Sierra-san! 5 ales!”

“There are 6 at this table!”

“Yes, sir!”

That's 11 ales alone, and with the frequent refills from the customers, it's a lot busier than in the morning or afternoon.

While Mom was refilling the ale, Letty was taking orders from other customers and was dealing with questions about the food menu.

As I watched from the kitchen doorway, Letty hurried over to here.

“Dad! Are you ready to serve the food?”

“Yes! Yes, I can! The only thing is that Aegfang’s steak takes a long time to cook, so please be careful with that! The quantity is limited, so be quick!”

“All right!”

After hearing Dad's words, Letty walked back towards the dining room.

“I'll take your food orders! Aegfang's meat takes a long time to cook, and the quantity is limited, so please be quick!”

“Iyosshi ~yaaaaaaaaaaa! It’s rice!”

Hearing Letty's announcement, the guests raised their wild voices in chorus.

“...... They're already drunk, aren't they?”

“They've been drinking ale the whole time they've been waiting for their food.”

I've been feeding them some random snacks, but if they're drinking ale at a fast pace, they're going to get drunk.

“I wonder if ...... Letty will be okay? I'm worried about drunk people messing with her.”

Well, Letty is a ten-year-old girl. She's a little too young to be taking orders from men who have been drinking.

“But isn't it almost time for the Ricotta, to come?”

“Yes, it is. We can take Letty down to the kitchen and switch places with Tori.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“Who's going to mess with Tori?”

I know it's for the best, but I do wish you'd be a little more considerate of your adorable eldest son!

“Sorry, I'm late!”

As my father and I were arguing, a woman came running from the entrance to the kitchen door.

She has semi-long red hair, and her skin is tanned and healthy.

“Huh, huh, the play group's rehearsal went on too long…”

“I don't mind, just go change in the back-waiting room. I want you to take Letty down to the kitchen.”

“Yes!”

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do it, but I'm going to have to.

“I'm done changing!”

“You're as quick as ever.”

It wasn’t even been gone thirty seconds when she changed into a waitress at our inn.

“Because changing clothes early is an essential skill in a theatre company!”

Yes, she is an aspiring theatre actress. During the day, she rehearses with the theatre troupe, and in the evening, she works as a waitress in our busy inn.

“All right, you two, go to the dining room. Tori will take Letty's place.”

“Yes!”

“Yes!”

It’s easier to pour soup in the kitchen. I would have preferred to stay there.

“Letty, let’s change.”

“All right! The second table from the back and that one is waiting for their orders, so go!”

Letty took down the empty plates on the table and assigned me the task in a precise manner.

“I'll head back to the table!”

Ricotta took one side of the table, and I went to the one closest to me.

“I'll take your order.”

“What? Where did Letty go?

“In the kitchen?”

“If I was going to order something, I wanted a cute waitress.”

The two men were not amused by my arrival and immediately let out a sigh.

“Well, now that Letty's in the kitchen, it means that if you order food from her, you'll get to eat her cooking. If you think about it, that's not so bad, is it?”

“…That's true, too. I'm sure the soup poured by the lovely Letty will taste better than the soup poured by her father Abel!”

"Hey, Tori! One Letty-chan’s soup!”

“I don't have any soup like that, but I do have turnip and mushroom soup and Aegfang cream stew.”

“Then, that’s fine!”

“Yes, yes, yes.”

Letty could cook a few things, but they were not that good.

“Sierra-san, four more ales, please!”

“All right!”

I give the order to the kitchen, and as when she’s bringing in the food, Ricotta tells Mom, who is making the ale, to order more.

Perhaps it's because she’s a regular theatre performer, but her voice is very clear even in the noisy cafeteria. I'm jealous of her because I can't do the same thing with my small voice.

Ricotta took the food from the kitchen door with a practiced hand and placed it on the tables where the men were sitting. As she does this, she never forgets to give them an amiable smile.

As Ricotta leaves the table, the men reach for her buttocks, but she gracefully avoids their arms and hits them on the top of the head with the tray in her hand.

“Ow!”

'What's going on? Didn't we just walk right by them? She just suddenly disappeared?"

That's Ricotta, for you. You know how to deal with customers like that.


2 comments: