Friday 1 July 2022

The Heroine Has Her Eyes on Me as Her Brother's Wife - Chapter 6

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next


The children ate deliciously, chewing with their small mouths.

"Sister, I'm done!" said Zion with a proud face, holding out a bowl that had been emptied cleanly.
“Well done, you're not picky. Whose younger brother is so obedient?" I patted Zion on the back. It was time to take away the empty bowl.

"Oh, my God!"

My face was filled with bewilderment. Perhaps the praise I gave made Zion's ears pop out. I opened my mouth wide, unable to control my facial expression.

“Ears!"

“Huh?"

“Ears!"

I tried to explain this situation by moving only the minimum facial muscles. If I make a mistake, Ruby might find out that we are wolves. Now, she has lost her memory and doesn’t know the distinction between a wolf and a dragon, but I can’t relax my guard because I don’t know what she’ll do after finding her memory.

Feeling my gaze and gesture, Zion tucked his ears in with a puzzled face.

I looked quickly at Ruby. Fortunately, Ruby's eyes were fixed on the bowl.

I quickly pulled Zion toward me, then I whispered as low as I could.

"Why did you take out your ears all of a sudden? Do you want to see me go crazy? I told you not to let Ruby see it, right?”

“But Ruby…”

It was time for Zion to continue his speech with a look of resentment.

"Sister, I'm done." Ruby came up to me with a clean bowl.

I quickly erased my bewilderment and smiled.

"Did you enjoy your meal?"

"Yes, thank you,” Ruby said so and approached Zion.

"Zion."

"Huh...?"

“Let's play together."

Ruby smiled broadly and pulled Zion's arm. Zion came out for a moment and looked alternately at Ruby, nodding slowly. It was a small house, but it was a huge playground for the rat drops*. I breathed a sigh of relief as I looked at the hands of the children who held hands together.

Ruby follows me now, but it may change suddenly after finding her memories.

“I’m glad I didn't get caught."

‘I'll have to be more careful from now on.'

I struggled to erase the imagination that came to mind and trembled.


***


The winter forest, which had not yet been cleared of darkness, was covered in the bluish morning light.

“Sister..."

Ruby, who had risen, came up to me. I glanced at Zion, who was still in the mire of sleep and said in a small voice.

"Sleep a little longer, I’ll be right back."

“Well…Don't go. Sleep more with me."

Ruby shook her head as though grumbling. Her cute voice made me smile.

“But if I don't go now, this sister can't make money.”

Ruby asked, blinking. ".......Do you have to make a lot of money?"

“Yes. I need a lot of money."

"Why?" Ruby asked in a curious voice as if her drowsiness had disappeared before she knew it.

‘Why, to run away before you kill us in the future……’

I suddenly stopped thinking about the idea I had, like a belief. Then I looked down at the girl.

“......”

I reached out slowly and stroked Ruby's head.

Like the night sky, black hair scattered gently through my fingers. I was captured in the child's red eyes.

I said with a small smile. "I'm going to make a lot of money and move to a better place."

"...Move?"

“Yeah. I have to make a lot to eat well and live well after moving,” I said and grinned.

Then Ruby, who was looking at me gently, hesitated and held out something.

It was a small ring.

"What's this?"

“I picked it up in the woods."

"The woods..?"

“....I’m sorry. I shouldn't have gone out recklessly…." Ruby murmured in a sullen voice. She went out without memory and knew what might happen to her.

I said in a stern voice.

“Ruby, you know, you had an accident, you were alone in the cold forest. Someone might have attacked you. Besides, you don't remember anything."

Ruby nodded with a sullen face at my words.

When I saw her pouty lips, I felt weak again.

"...It’s not that I don't know how you feel. Well, here's the deal. I'll finish my work as soon as possible and come back today. Then, how about going out and having a snowball fight with Zion?" I said, and Ruby's face lit up in an instant.

It was no exaggeration to say that it contained all the light in the world. I picked up Ruby's ring and put it in my hand. The ring looked so expensive that I wondered how she picked it up in the snow.*

“Thank you. I'll take good care of it,” I said with a smile.

Then Ruby smiled and shook her head.

“Uh. Don't keep it."

“...What?"

“Money,” Ruby said, turning her thumb and index finger. It was a sign indicating money. "It'll be money, you know.”

"......."

Be honest with me. You didn't lose your memory, did you?

I swallowed the words that came out of my throat and laughed.

“Well, yes, it looks expensive."

“Right?"

“Ruby gave this sister, uh, money, didn't she?"

"Yes."

“Thank you. Well... I'll sell it”

Is this the right way to answer a child?

I stood up with a confused mind.

“I'll be back."

“Go ahead, Sister."

I raised my ringed hand and waved. Ruby smiled and waved after me.


***

Rachel yawned loudly.

She looked around with her sleepy eyes blinking, and she couldn't see her sister. Even today, her sister seemed to have gone out early for business. No matter how much she slept, she couldn't sleep.

It may be because of the coldness in the North that cools the heat. Rachel, who had been rubbing her eyes a few times, looked at the fireplace as it cooled down.

“......."

Then Rachel glanced at Zion, who was still in his sweet slumber.

Rachel, who carefully rose from her seat, approached the fireplace.

She spread her small hand over the remaining firewood. Then a big fire started burning up.

I hope this is enough.

Rachel tapped her hand like a worker who had finished a big job.

‘Zion is sleeping, and Sister went out, too….. Shall I take a look around?'

Rachel peeped out through the small window. The white snow-covered forest was still quiet and still. The occasional wind rattling windows and the sound of wood burning were all there was.

In Rachel’s red eyes, the dreamcatcher that Eve bought for her was reflected.

“........"

Rachel reached out and fiddled with the feathers on the end of the dreamcatcher.

“You'll only have sweet dreams now."

Rachel reflected on what her sister had said.

Sweet dreams.

She didn't believe it at first.

No matter how hard she tried, the nightmare often bothered her. But what her sister said became true.

The nightmare that constantly bothered her no longer appeared.

Rachel stared at the dreamcatcher and headed back to bed. She smelled her sister's winter scent.

‘It’s as warm and comfortable as Sister.’

A smile was made around Rachel's mouth.

The child blinked slowly. She was falling asleep again.

Her eyes were completely closed.

The chirping breath of the children filled the little cottage.

***

soliven's Notes:

    Hi, everyone! Please don't be alarmed. As I've said, I transferred all my works at OtakuTL. :)


Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






2 comments: