Friday 1 July 2022

The Heroine Has Her Eyes on Me as Her Brother's Wife - Chapter 23

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next


The children fell asleep as soon as we got home. They were so shocked and tired that they fell asleep in an instant. I laid the children on the bed and carefully covered them with blankets.

As I breathed a sigh of relief, looking at the children’s sleeping faces, a familiar voice called me.

“Eve.”

“Yes.”

“.....Are you all right?” Noelier asked with a worried expression.

I smiled bravely. “Of course, I’m okay. Look at the kids sleeping. They’re like angels, aren’t they?”

At my words, Noelier shook his head.

“That’s not what I asked.”

“Yes?”

“I’m wondering if Eve is okay.”

“Me?” I said, looking at Noelier in puzzlement.

Noelier hesitated and reached out to me.

A large fair hand touched my eye.

I shivered at the sensation of heat.

“...It’s swollen.”

“Ah, this…”

Only then did I remember being full of tears and rambling. Was it because his hand was touching me or because I was embarrassed?

My face felt hot.

I shook my head, pretending nothing was wrong.

“I, I’m fine. At that time, I was so surprised that I didn’t realize…it was all my fault.”

"...It's not Eve's fault,” Noelier muttered quietly.

The laughter I was trying to build slowly stopped.

“I think you’re trying to carry everything by yourself.”

“........”

“It’s not your fault that the children went through something like that. Don’t be too hard on yourself. You just wanted to protect the kids…” Noelier said with a friendly smile.

I looked at him and couldn’t say a word.

Because I was surprised.

My heart was pounding.

The thumping heart felt unfamiliar.

I blushed and my mouth was puffed up.

“If it’s okay with you, I’ll be with you…”

When Noelier hesitated and tried to continue.

“Ah! I’ll go get some herbs!”

I jumped up from my seat.

I didn’t think I could stay with him any longer. I felt so weird, I felt like I was going to tell him everything.

“...Eve?”

A confused voice reached my back, but I quickly left the cottage.

The door closed.

Cool air filled my lungs.

Only then did my pounding heart calmed down a little.

“....It isn’t that*. Although, it feels the same, but this is only because I was so shocked today. So many things happened…”

(TL/N: Love. It isn't love.)

That’s what I thought.

Feelings beyond this were too dangerous.

Cold wind brushed my cheeks.

However, once the heat rose again, it did not subside easily.

In the end, I had to stand outside for a long time.


***


Maybe it was because I stayed outside for too long.

“Achoo!”

I caught a cold.

It was a bad cold.

“Sister, are you okay?”

“Sister, are you okay?”

The children clung to me with worried faces.

I shook my head with a semi-emotional look.

“I’m not okay…” I muttered in a suppressed voice.

My pride is hurt.

It was a cold that Zion, who was weaker than me, had never caught before. I caught a cold that the children didn’t even have.

I’m a Northern wolf, but I got a cold!

I sniffled and blamed the unknown god.

But my resentment was brief.

My body was shivering and my head was pounding. I couldn’t think properly. I felt like I had a runny nose. I raised my hand and wiped my nose.

“Are you all right?” Noelier asked with worry.

I slowly blinked and shook my head.

“I’m not.”

“The fever is too high.”

“It’s cold…..”

“Isn’t it hot?”

He widened his eyes as if puzzled.

I smiled faintly and slowly opened my mouth.

“Cold, I caught a cold…”

“...Then.”

He carefully put his hand on my forehead.

I breathed at the sensation of the warm body temperature.

No matter how cold I was, this amount of heat is…

When Noelier saw my startled expression, he hurriedly took his hand off.

“Sister, are you dying?” Rachel, who was right next to me, said with her weeping voice.

“I’m not going to die. Don’t let go of me like that…”

But I felt like I was really going to die.

I forcefully lifted my eyelids.

Three pairs of anxious eyes reached me.

I raised my limp hand and pointed at the basket.

“...There, there is a medicinal herb.”

“Herbs?”

“If you make a medicine out of it, I’ll be fine. Could you please?”

“I’ll do it.”

Noelier rose from his seat as if he had waited.

There was a squabbling sound as the children were fighting with who would go and help.

It’s my first time seeing blue leaves!

Idiot. I’ll prepare it for Sister.

Don’t fight, let’s do it together.

Three voices buzzed away.

I blinked slowly.

Little by little I was getting sleepy.

In the end, I just fell asleep.


***


“Eve.”

A pleasant voice woke me up.

It was familiar.

“Eve, wake up.”

I slowly opened my eyes.

Beyond the blurry vision, Noelier’s face was visible.

“Hng….”

I groaned and shook my head. It disturbed my sleep, so I was just annoyed.

“It’s done. Take this and go back to sleep. That way you’ll get better quickly,” Noelier whispered softly as if he was dealing with a child.

“I don’t like it now…”

“But..”

“Hngg, I want to sleep some more…”

Maybe it was because of the cold, or because Noelier’s voice was so sweet, but I grumbled like I had never done since my mother died.

After hesitating, Noelier took off his hand.

“...Okay. Call me if you feel uncomfortable or you need anything.”

I nodded and buried my face in the blanket. I heard a crack of laughter and a sound of something being put down on the table next to me.

It seemed to be the herbal concoction.

“The children went to get clean water. I'll be back with them, so make sure you eat it when you wake up."

".......”

Noelier talked to me in a soft, pleasant voice.

I didn’t even nod this time. It was annoying and tiring.

Maybe it’s because he knew how I felt.

The surroundings became quiet again.

‘I don’t want to be alone, but I refused Noelier’s help.’

I was gripped by loneliness again.

Even if I think about it myself, I was being contradictory.

By the time I felt sad, I felt a hand gently brushing my hair.

Oh, I’m not alone.

With one touch, my heart went back and forth between heaven and hell.

I felt the gentle touch and fell asleep again.


***


Blink.

I opened my eyes again. I could hear the sound of burning firewood quietly. Judging by the quiet surroundings, Noelier and the children didn't seem to be back yet.

After repeatedly waking up from my sleep, I felt dizzier.

I fumbled and reached for the side table.

A small cup was held in my hand.

It seemed to be the herbal concoction the three made together.

‘Yes, I’ll take it and get well soon.’

I drank the concoction without hesitation.

I could taste the bitterness in my swollen throat.

Ugh.

I almost got goosebumps.

‘Was this supposedly like this?’

When I took it before, it didn’t seem like it tasted like this—I wanted to throw it away, but I couldn’t.

I need to get better.

I drank the medicine to the end without a single drop left.

And then, I fell back on the bed.

‘...I think it’s working a little.’

I felt like I was going to burst.

‘Come to think of it, I think my body got lighter.’

No? Was I just sleepy?

Laughter leaked out.

Come on. I must be crazy.

I chuckled and wiped my cheeks.

I felt soft fur.

Huh, whose fur is it.

It’s really soft.

“Huh?”

Fur?

Fur?

I jumped up from the bed.

I didn’t care about my dangling hair because of the cold.

No way.

No way!

I shouted at the top of my voice.

“Zion?”

Woof!

“Rachel?”

Woof! Woof!

“Noelier!”

Woof!

No matter how much I tried to speak out, only the sound of a beast filled the cottage.

I opened my mouth wide.

“Hey, what’s going on?”

I looked down slowly.

Four gray-colored cotton paws came into my eyes.

It was the feet of the beast.

…..Bang!

A dog’s voice came out of its own accord.

Cold sweat trickled down.

I suddenly became a wolf.

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






No comments:

Post a Comment