Friday 22 July 2022

The Heroine Has Her Eyes on Me as Her Brother's Wife - Chapter 30

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next


06. Difference in Position 

It was a snowy afternoon. The children who played happily with each other were taking a long nap. The warm sunlight was beating down after a long time. As the sun rose, I cleared the snow in front of the cottage. 

After that, I roughly brushed the snow off my shoulders and returned to the house.

"Um...." Rachel, who was tossing and turning in her sleep, raised her leg over Zion’s stomach. 

Oops! Zion let out a short groan and hugged Rachel's legs like a bamboo wife. The warmth emanating from Rachel's body seemed very warm. Looking at the adorable children, I got up and started preparing lunch. 

As usual, I have to make a hot meal for Zion, and a moderately lukewarm dish for Rachel. I tied my apron and examined the ingredients. I thought I had bought enough, but the end came quickly. I can cook dinner somehow, but if I do that, tomorrow will be a problem. 

‘I can’t have that. I’ll have to leave before the kids wake up.’

I took off my apron and got ready to go out. As always, I tied my hair up and wore a hat attached to my cloak. After covering my face with a mask, I checked my appearance. 

I immediately turned my head toward the gaze I felt.

The children, who were squinting, trembled.

Rachel quickly closed her eyes, but Zion, whose actions were slow when panicked, remained frozen and stared at me blankly. 

"····Ruby, we got caught." 

Zion leaned toward Rachel and whispered softly. His gaze was still fixed on me. I heard a faint tongue click. 

After a while, Rachel slowly raised her head and smiled broadly. 

"Sister, good morning." 

"It's afternoon." 

"Ugh. Good afternoon then." 

Rachel smiled naturally without blinking her eyes. She even managed to yawn without her eyes wrinkling. It looked supremely lovely, but I did not lift my suspicions.

"You two, you were trying to sneak out again." 

"Um. Not at all." 

"How did you know?" 

Opposite answers came back. 

Rachel's charming face twitched for a moment. 

My slow-witted brother. He's very honest, too.

 I put my hands on my waist with a stern look on my face. Then Rachel wrapped her arms around my waist.

“I was just wondering where you were going.” 

"Don't lie. You were trying to follow me." 

"Ugh, sister, can't you believe me?" 

Rachel looked up at me with her eyes shining. My heart was shaken when I saw her twinkling gaze. Rachel’s beauty was beyond me. But I have to say a harsh word. 

I have to say that she still hasn't given up on the idea of ​​sneaking out····!

"Oh, my hands...…" 

"...." 

"Here, the fire, it's...…." 

"Hold tight. Fire will leak if you miss it." 

Suddenly, I became an ice shuttle. I held back my misery and hugged her tightly. Rachel shed her small smile and rubbed her face against my arms. 

"But, sister, where are you going?"

"There's nothing for you to eat. I'm going to buy some."

"......" 

Then Rachel lifted her head and looked up at me. 

“I want to follow too.” 

"You, too?" 

"Yes." Rachel said so, her eyes shining. 

What if something happens again?

I was going to firmly say no, but suddenly I thought that the children had stayed in this house for too long.

'It's true that I didn’t let them go out to protect them, but that’s not good either.’

Rachel was Rachel, but Zion was more of a problem. Even now that he turned 10 years old, he couldn't go outside properly. In fact, if someone starts harassing him for being a hybrid, I’ll only have to threaten them with frozen apples a few times.

It's not that upsetting. 

There was a reason for hiding deeper into the forest. 

"I'm going to kill all the wolves. I'm going to tear their limbs and scatter them in front of my brother's grave." 

"Zion, you're the prettiest when you're under me." 

It was to avoid the female protagonist in the R-19 novel, Little Red Riding Hood. 

But how about now? 

I bowed my head and looked at the child hanging on to me. Rachel was rubbing her face as in a playful way. Her warmth touched my palms. 

'Rather than avoiding me, she likes me so much.' 

Is there a need to hide in such a small place?

Do you really need to hide in such a small place? 

As I was lost in agony, the children's eyes lit up. They seemed to think I was thinking about letting them go out. The way they looked at me was full of pity. I continued my thoughts without losing to the gazes of the children.

‘It's about time her memory came back. Besides, seeing that Noelier hugs her well, it doesn’t seem like she’s uncomfortable.'

I glanced at the pack of gold coins in the corner of the room. As an apology, it was the money that Noelier gave me directly. The thick size made me feel full for no reason. 

Buying a surname with that money, then moving on to a human’s village. 

And pretending to be human. 

 After Zion was born, I had only one goal. 

'But I forced too much on Zion.' 

I looked down at Zion, who had come close to me. 

Zion couldn't go out because of me, and he couldn't even make a proper friend. 

Okay. Before leaving for the human world, let's take a look around our hometown.’

It's not just the two of us going out. It'll be fine if we're together. 

After thinking about it, I nodded my head. 

The children's faces were dyed with joy. 

"Instead, you must wear a cape. Be sure to wear a hat as well."

“Okay!” 

“Yes!”

 The children quickly began preparing to go out. 

Zion, who would normally complain that the water was too cold, did not stop shaking his hands and head. 

"I can heat the water..." 

"It's okay...!" 

Zion stuttered and finished washing his face. 

Rachel, who was standing next to him, said with a trembling face. 

"Your lips are blue..."

“I, I, originally blue!” 

“.....” 

I let out a small sigh, looking at my seriously silly little brother.


* * * 


"You must never take off your hat."

At my order, the children nodded their heads. 

"And as much as possible, stay by my side." 

"Yes." 

"Yes!" 

At least they’re good at answering this one thing. 

I smiled and went into the square with the children. The square was still noisy. A bunch of blackened snow piled up, and a cool wind always blows. However, the people's voices were full of life. 

"Wow······!" 

Zion's eyes widened. He followed Rachel out, but it must have been the first time he had seen the place properly. He must feel more excited because he was together with Rachel and me.

"Ruby, look at that!" 

"Hey, wait...! Don't pull!"

The children ran somewhere with a squabble.

I told you not to go far! 

I quickly followed the children on foot. 

The place where the children stopped was a common general store. 

So, in the eyes of the children, it was like a treasure trove full of interesting things in the world. 

"Ruby, Ruby. It's great here, isn't it?" 

"Well, that's right."

Rachel nodded her head with a smile on her face. However, from the fact that her red eyes were busy moving, she also seemed to be quite curious about this place. 

"Let's go there too!" 

"It's annoying..." 

Rachel pretended not to win and followed Zion's hand as she followed his steps. 

They probably wouldn't leave this place for a while. 

I quickly made my way to the fruit shop across the street, bought a few apples, and put them in the basket, and I felt a deep sense of relief. 

'This is it.' 

No matter how much I thought about it, there was no weapon as good as an apple. I bought the right amount of fruit and returned to the general store. 

The children were busy looking around and touching this and that. Let me take a look, too.

I caught sight of the books in the corner of the grocery store. Among them, a book with explanations of a few human areas caught my eye. 

'Should I buy it for later?' 

It was when I picked up about three books. A red book stuck in the distance was caught by my sensitive radar network. 

 'No, that's····!'

My wolf instincts flared. 

I looked around quickly

….There was no one there. I quickly picked it up. I pretended to be fine, but my hand trembled slightly as I gripped the book. 

This red mark. 

I'm sure I knew this.

It was something I had read countless times in my previous life, so to put it simply, it was an obscene book.



Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






1 comment: