Saturday 27 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 10

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 2 Bandit part 5



Sponsored Chapter



— — —



A week had passed since the thugs had attacked Caron and the others.


The process after that incident went relatively smoothly.


First, I had to keep Dan and the other two to keep quiet about it. They agreed to it, partly because we had saved their lives.


However, the identity of Caron, who used Light Magic, was indeed exposed. So, I took off our [Disguise] from a safe location and explained the situation, apologizing for having deceived them up to this point.


Only this time, I was somewhat nervous. Even though it was necessary, there was a great possibility that I would not be forgiven because it was true that I had deceived Dan and the others. Caron was probably even more nervous than I was.


Fortunately, they forgave us. Or rather, they didn't care. “Being friends with a noble is amazing!” They were so happy to have us as friends. I was very glad that Dan and the others were Caron's first friends.


I had taught them about the rarity of light magic to the point where their ears were ringing. Dan and Miria were so driven that they would turn blue at the mere mention of “Light Magic.”


I'm not worried about Tala, because she’s more trustworthy than the older two.


Next, the thugs were handed over to the city guards—is what I would like to say. But, as long as Caron used light magic, it would be safer to put the incident itself unresolved


That's why I took them into custody. With Shion's help, they are still tied up in the dungeons of the castle.


Only the two of us are aware of this. I told the others that I gave them to the guards, and the people in the castle are unaware of the existence of the thugs.


I had the idea of using the thugs as a test subject.


As you are aware, one of my trump cards is Mind Magic. However, I had not yet developed the type of debuff that would harm others, let alone buff them. It was not possible to easily apply an uncertain effect to others.


That’s where the thugs go in. After questioning them, we found that they had committed various crimes, including child kidnapping, theft, and murder, so it was a good time to use them as test subjects. Referring to the laws of the territory, they were eventually sentenced to death, and since they were going to die anyways, I wanted to put them to good use.


I know it’s quite inhumane, but my priority was Caron’s survival. I’m willing to commit some evil in order to obtain the power to do so.


Well, I don't plan to do anything that mad. It's just a worst-case scenario experiment, and theoretically, everything’s fine. If all goes well, it will probably be better than the death penalty…probably.


In fact, nothing unusual has happened in the last week. There have been some debuffing effects that were more than expected, but nothing life-threatening or psychologically damaging. Yeah, everything’s fine.





That's why the previous incident was completely buried in the dark.



—I was thinking that, but things turned into trouble. I just found out about it a few minutes ago.




“It seems that bandits are appearing all over the city looking for those who are being held underground.”




According to Shon's report, the thugs were apparently bandits operating on the border between our Foranada territory and a neighboring territory, and the people in the basement were the bandits' underlings.


It was strange that they had not been caught by the guards until now, considering that they had committed enough crimes to be sentenced to death. They were so weak that even I, who was around level 20, could beat them unless they were higher than the guards' level, which was around 25 or higher.


Well, it makes sense if they were backed by bandits. They usually hide out in their hideout, which is far from the city.


…No, wait.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




“Did you get any of that out of them during the interrogation?”




When she questioned them about their other crimes, did she ask them about anything related to bandits?


When I questioned her about it, Shion simply replied.




“I was able to get it out of them, but I decided it was unnecessary information ”

“Haa…?”




A voice then leak out from me as if it didn’t understand what she just said.


No matter how I look at it, it's an issue that needs to be dealt with in advance. What kind of viewpoint does she need to have to say it isn't necessary?


Perhaps realizing what I was thinking, she continued in an indifferent manner.




“They are the lowest of ranks. I thought that if such a person went missing, no one would pay any attention to them and leave them behind. Also, I was sure that Zechs-sama wouldn’t take any particular action if I gave you the information about the bandits.”

“Ugh…”




I groaned.


Normally, I don't think that people who operate in distant territories would go out of their way to look for a lowly level 15 or so who has gone missing. Besides, when I found out about the bandits, she was right that I wouldn’t take any action about it.


Or more precisely, I can’t do anything about it. I have no power at this point. I am just the son of Count Foranada. Organizing a bandit subjugation team is a dream come true.


Certainly, Shion had a point.


But it was difficult to tolerate.




“From now on, I want you to pass on important information, even if it doesn't seem relevant to me. That's an order.”




It’s quite possible that information that was discarded as irrelevant may turn out to be unexpected foreshadowing. I am not saying that she should tell me everything, but I wanted to know at least the most important things.




“I understand.”

“Well then, shall we go out?”

“...?”




After acknowledging Shion's consent, I stood up from the chair I was sitting on.


Seeing this, Shion tilted her head in a dubious manner. It seems that she doesn’t understand what I am going to do at all.


It would be ideal if she could grasp the gravity of the situation, but...Oh well, I don't have a choice.


I just celebrated my birthday the other day, and I’m now a five-year-old kid.


That’s why, while sighing inside, I told Shion—




“Let's go hunt for some bandits.”

“.........EHHHHHHHHHHHH…..!?”




After a long pause, her unpitched voice echoed throughout the room.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 16/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






11 comments:

  1. Damn the MC is ruthless. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not really. more like a sensible outcome

      Delete
  2. Free test subject delivering themselves to MC doorsteps

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sin embargo, la identidad de Caron, quien usó Magia de Luz, fue expuesta. Entonces, me quité nuestro [Disfraz] de un lugar seguro y les expliqué la situación, disculpándome por haberlos engañado hasta este punto.


    Solo que esta vez, estaba algo nervioso. Aunque era necesario, había una gran posibilidad de que no me perdonaran porque era cierto que había engañado a Dan ya los demás. Caron probablemente estaba incluso más nervioso que yo". Protagonista japonés promedio ._.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sinceramente no entiendo que haces aqui si solo te quejas por todo, no veo ningun problema aqui ,El prota esta preocupado de que no lo perdonen porque realmente le agradan eso niños y son de las pocas personas con las que el y Caro pueden divertirse, que tiene de malo tratar de comservar esa amistad

      Delete
  4. Lots of test subjects. No mercy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a little better. He can atleast stomach mental experiments on bandits. Now he needs to go kill some so he gets rid of his useless japanese ultra mercy shackle. Get rid of that pointless mindset and get used to killing lowlifes.

    I hate protagonists who leave enemies alive because of their shit japanese upbringing. Without author plot armor intervention, this always results in future trouble. Let's avoid that pitfall preemptively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how normal people are, you can just be a merciless killer for not reason if you never had a reason before, people that think that is possible is crazy or a psychopath.

      If you live in a merciless environment of course that's how life is

      Delete
  6. This is looking like he is misunderstanding something crucial, he is becoming a hidden boss maybe even a maou at some point.

    ReplyDelete