Wednesday 31 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 17

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 3 Adopted Child Part 4



Sponsored Chapter



— — —



Mountain forest at dusk. In the mountains behind the castle, under the direct control of Foranada. I was hunting in a place overflowing with flora and fauna.


I was running in the shadows and slaughtering prey one after another, wielding daggers in both hands.


All of them were small in stature, but they were unmistakably demonic beasts.


A demonic beast is an animal that has evolved to become more ferocious by accumulating magical elements in the atmosphere. They have a core called a magical stone inside their bodies, and they can use magic that is unique to demonic beasts. And without exception, they are hostile to the human race—Beastmen and elves are included.


Hunting demonic beasts are more difficult than hunting an animal and would require at least level 15. Ordinary people can't do it, that’s why knights and adventurers have to thin them out.


So, unless it was a very serious situation, they would not be seen in the city or on the main streets. If I wanted to hunt, I had to go to the mountains and forests like this.


—Then, the reason why I hunt is to raise my level and to gain experience in actual combat.


The latter is self-evident. Dealing with wild demonic beasts gives me a fighting instinct that I don't get from regular training. The field of the mountain forest was also ideal for training the core of my body.


The former is game-like in its wording, but I’m feeling the effects.


The concept of “Level” is a measure of strength based on my game knowledge, but it’s a well-known fact that defeating a demonic beast improves one's abilities. Since it’s easier to become strong than training, hunting demonic beasts are part of the school's curriculum.


According to publicly available theories, It’s said that we level up by taking the surplus Mana of demonic beasts. I don't know the details of this, and it wasn't explicitly stated in the game.


However, it’s true that you can level up by killing demonic beasts. I have no choice but to do this.


Well, even though it’s easy, I could safely defeat demonic beasts from the level of less than level 20, which It’s not so easy for ordinary people.


The first time I hunted was two years ago. It was around this time that my magical training began to bear fruit. As a result, my level has increased to 35, bringing me closer to the average level of a combatant.


Incidentally, the amount of my Mana has reached the largest number in the neighboring countries—roughly equivalent to level 90. This is about as much as can be expected since I had undergone special training utilizing my game knowledge and position. When I use non-attribute magic, though, it melts away in the blink of an eye.


Getting back to the topic.


I usually finish hunting after an hour or so, but today I had been doing it for three hours.


The reason was to relieve some stress.


It has been a week since the tea party. I tried everything to get Caron and Orca to get closer to each other—But the results were disastrous. I achieved nothing except giving myself a headache. In fact, Caron’s getting grumpier and grumpier because she thinks I'm only focusing on Orca.


Orca, too, was completely unwilling to open up to me. He will leave the room if I ask him to, but if I don't, he would stay in his room except to eat or bathe. There’s no progress at all.


Things are not looking good. Caron was brazen than I had expected, and Orca's rejection was stronger than I had anticipated. To be honest, I didn't think this would be such a struggle.


Although I had experience in a previous life, I was only a nursery school teacher. It’s the parents who have experience in child rearing who are the best at dealing with problems like this, I suppose.


Unfortunately, I have never been married, let alone had children. I had at least a girlfriend, but that didn't help.


(Tired: Oh hey he’s not the typical loser with no GF from his previous life MC! Nice!)




“Haa…I really don’t know what to do…”




While turning the other dagger for comfort, I slayed the demonic beast in front of me with the other. The blood splatter turns into Mana at the moment it falls on us, so not a drop of it passes through.


I had used all the plans I could think of. So, I should try another approach. But I can't come up with anything with that “Another approach.”


According to my detection spell, there’s no longer a single demonic beast around. They are still present in the distance, but any more would have wiped them out. That was inefficient for leveling up.




“All right, that’s it for today.”




I could have hunted another 50 or so if I had wanted to, but I gave up gracefully.


I let out a sigh and put my dagger away in the void.


Oh, this is a new Non-Attribute magic that I developed called, [Cover Texture].


(Tired: Sounds weird but that’s what it says in the raws.)


It wraps the object with materialized Mana and then returns it to an incorporeal state. Then, the wrapped object also becomes in that state. When the Mana has materialized again, the object also returns to its original state.


It can also be used for concealment, but I mainly use it for storing my luggage.


I discovered this magic by accident while experimenting with Mana, but I was surprised when I discovered it. After all, there’s no such thing as spatial magic in this world, and of course, there are no convenient tools like item bags. If this magic were to come to light, the world would be turned upside down for sure.


Why hasn't anyone realized this? I have an idea why.


First, it’s difficult to manifest unless it’s Non-Attribute. This has been demonstrated with Caron and Shion. In Caron’s case, the object burned, and in Shion, it was drenched. Probably because the process of wrapping the object is strongly affected by the magic attribute they have.


Next, it was necessary to materialize Mana every time the object was taken in and out. Shion's Mana was depleted after one try, and three times with Caron’s Mana. Even I can barely reach double digits. There shouldn't be anyone who can prepare that much Mana.



There may be researchers who have an overview, but it was highly likely that they have not been able to demonstrate it because of the two aforementioned points.


Therefore, this [Cover Texture] is one of my secret spells. I only put things inside that I don't use on a daily basis. Weapons, magic stones for future funds, and so on.


As I started to descend, I sensed someone approaching me. I had an idea who it was, so I left it unconcerned.




“Zechs-sama, may I have a word with you?”




The person who approached me—Shion—called out to me.


It was as I expected, so I just turned my gaze without any particular reaction.


She’s under my direct supervision and always acts as a lookout during the hunt. That’s why she always comes up to me as soon as the hunt is over.


However, it was unusual for her to bother to ask.


But, I nodded my head.




“What's wrong?”

“...you were pretty rough today.”


(Tired: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Shion said so, seemingly choosing her words quite carefully.


In response, I nodded my head and said, “Ahh…”


She must be worried about me in her own way. I was hunting three times as much as usual and I am aware that my fighting style was rough.


However, it was nothing she should be worried about. It was just a melancholy thing to do. I feel guilty when people are genuinely concerned about me.


I replied to Shion as I smiled bitterly.




“I just had a little trouble. Sorry for worrying you.”

“By ‘Trouble’ you mean…is it about Caron-sama and Orca-sama?”




Shion asked me while showing some hesitation.


She's been by my side for a long time, so it's only natural that she'd understand. No, everyone in the castle is aware of the two's delicate relationship. They might have noticed it even if it wasn't Shion.




“That’s right. I’m having a hard time how to make them get along with each other. Do you have any suggestions?”




Acknowledging her words, I asked her back.


I understand that this is not a question to be asked of my subordinates. This is an internal matter, and it’s a dangerous choice for a nobleman to expose his weakness. In particular, I’m blackmailing Shion, even if she’s a subordinate. It would be fatally wrong for her to be the one to consult.


Still, I thought I should ask Shion. Because I had a gut feeling that Shion wouldn’t betray me on this occasion.


It was a bold decision on my part, but not a hazing one, apparently. The woman in front of me was deep in thought. She was taking my concerns head-on.


Come to think of it, she was like that during the bandit hunt a year ago. Despite the fact that I had no Mana after the battle, Shion didn't try to kill me. If she had made a move at that time, she could have gotten rid of information about her being an elf and blamed it on the bandits.


She takes my orders so seriously that I can't believe she’s being blackmailed. I don't sense that she’s trying to harm me.


I’m not sure what Zion's true intentions are, but perhaps I should change the way I treat her in the near future. To respond to her sincerity.


After a while, Shion finally opened her mouth.




“If increasing contact opportunities doesn’t work, how about having an individual interview first?”

“Individually?”

“Yes. You haven’t made one-on-one contact with Caron-sama since Orca-sama came to Foranada, have you?”

“Now that you mention it…”




I was surprised when Shion pointed this out to me.


She was correct; I haven't talked to Caron alone since Orca arrived. She was in a bad mood, but I was too preoccupied with getting along with Orca.


Shion then continues.




“So I suggest that you first make some time alone together. Then you may be able to hear her true feelings.”

“Yes, that's true. Thanks, that was helpful.”

“It’s my pleasure to help you.”




This is what I meant. I knew I was right to rely on Shion.


Today’s a lucky day. I should make time to talk with Caron alone as soon as possible. I'm sure there will be a lot of complaints, but I think that's part of being siblings.


Having found a ray of light, I returned to the castle with light steps.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 6/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






12 comments:

  1. Are you sure you were a teacher ? Or an adult ? Because I'm a bit worried about your way of handling children

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tiny bit disappointed that he didn't call it [Texture Surprise] or whatever hisoka's nen thing, that isn't bungee gum, was called. Feels like a refrence that would've fitted rather well but still, thank you for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zion's > Shion's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, he seriously hasn't been alone with her once since he got there. Is he actually stupid? Also wouldn't that be something really hard to do when he's holed up in his room all day. I'd be pissed too if I was her what the heck man

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surprised he hasn't even tried just bringing them to play with the rest of the children, instead of just putting the two together, waiting for something to happen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nursery teacher my ass lol. Orca is behaving like a hikineet, holed up in his room at all times unless summoned, and you somehow managed to NEVER interact with your sister one on one? No wonder she's mad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. His big idea was to talk with her one on one? That didn't occur to him immediately?! I'll just ignore her, have a conversation with them together and it'll all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup this was dumb AF I was wondering why he was trying to get two strangers to bod when he is not even close with the two of them

    ReplyDelete