Monday 5 September 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 21

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 4 Adventurer part 2



Now then, We've arrived at the adventurer's guild in the castle town of Foranada! It's a five-story building with a classic western door at the entrance. On the first floor, there is a reception desk and a bar. There’s a reception desk and a bar on the first floor. It’s just exactly what I imagined.


In this world, adventurer guilds are sometimes run by the government. Under a feudal state, there was no way they would have allowed an armed group to go unchecked.


I went through the entrance and headed straight for the reception desk. Perhaps because it was just after noon, the place was sparsely populated. The reception desk was almost empty.


However, it wasn’t zero. A few people were drinking at the bar, and they were staring at us—at Shion to be exact. She’s a beautiful woman, so it’s not surprising that she attracts attention. The person in question doesn't seem to care about it, so I can just ignore it.


Shutting out the rude stares, we reach an empty reception area. It was a human woman in her late twenties.


After signaling to Zion, I called out to her saying,




“I would like to register as an adventurer.”




What I heard was a low voice appropriate for an adult male. It was not the voice of a boy before she changed my voice.


I've gone to the trouble of putting [Disguise] on myself, but I won't make the mistake of letting my voice give me away. That’s why I had Sion cast wind magic on me. While accompanying me, she will use wind magic to cover it up. When I'm alone, I'll use the money I've saved up to buy a voice-changer tool—a tool imbued with magic—and make do with that.




“Welcome. First of all, please fill out the necessary information on this form.”




The receptionist doesn't seem suspicious toward me and gives the paperwork as per the procedure.


It's a personal profile that needs to be filled out, but it doesn't matter if you lie about everything. The Adventurers' Guild is a laissez-faire organization, so long as you don't act strangely.


Naturally, it’s a false profile. Six was the name I came up with. My real name, Sechs, means the number six in German, so I changed it to French. It's just a simple change.



(Tired: So uhh…apparently, his name is “Sechs” and not “Zechs.” but what do you guys think? Should I stick with Zechs, or change it?)



However, since neither German nor French exist in this world, I don't think it will be so easy to be discovered.




“Six-san, is it? Thank you for registering as an adventurer. Here is your guild card, Six-san. If you put some magic power into it, it will become your own personal card. It will cost money to have it reissued, so please be careful not to lose it.”




The receptionist handed me a palm-sized card. My name and the name of this guild branch were written on it. When I pass magic power through it, it glows briefly before changing to white.


I believe this color determines the guild rank of the owner.


While thinking so, The receptionist continues,




“Would you like a brief explanation of the rules of the Adventurers' Guild?”




Should I? In the meantime, I'm familiar with the rules. I could register in the game as if it were a part-time job, and Shion told me about it after I was reincarnated.


The details are not that difficult to understand. Fighting is strictly forbidden, and if done, it must take the form of a duel. Once you receive a request, you will be charged a penalty fee if you do not fulfill it. We are ranked from F to A according to the level of contribution to the guild. The requests you can receive are of the same rank or lower, and so on.


That’s the rule of the Adventurers guild around here. I remembered it now, so I'm not sure I need to hear it again.



“No, I don't need an explanation. I'd like to accept a commission right away.”

“I understand. Please bring your commission after peeling them off the bulletin board. When you bring it, please be careful of the rank limit of the commission.”

“Understood.”



(Tired: Or should I call it quests?)


I headed to the bulletin board where the request was posted, accompanied by Shion who was waiting behind me.


However, our path was blocked before we could reach the board.


Standing in our way were two large men who appeared to be heavy warriors in every sense of the word. Each of them carried a large sword and a spear. Their cheeks were red as if they were drunk, and their eyes were fixed.


Uwaah, this is so cliche…


Is it the standard otherworldly fantasy of a senior adventurer making a pass at me? I've heard that more and more people are actually nice these days, but it doesn't seem to be the case with these two.


But it's not a good idea to start a fight right away, so I decided to assess the situation.




“What do you want?”




I avoided using honorifics. I will be looked down upon if I do so, according to Shion. It's only natural since only dropouts or people with a reason get this job.




“Huh? Don't get carried away, huh…!”

“He must have dyed his black hair, too. You overconfident bastard!”




I was just talking to them in a normal way, but they were too casual. Their accent was a little suspicious probably because they were completely drunk.


After all, it seems that my appearance (black hair and eyes) from a previous life stands out. I had heard that many adventurers dye their hair to hide their abilities, but going black seems too exaggerated.


Incidentally, nobles tend to avoid dyeing their hair. They say that magic power is inherited from ancestors and that falsifying the color of hair and eyes that represent it is tantamount to an act of insulting their ancestors.


It's a ridiculous idea for a real battle, but no nobleman would join a commoner on the front lines, so I suppose it wouldn't be a problem.


Getting back to the subject.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


There were two big men blocking our way and we couldn't reach the bulletin board, so what should I do?


After checking, the large sword user's level is 27 and the large spear user's level is 25, which is quite high even for a mid-level adventurer (rank C).


The average level of adventurers is not that high, as it is a job that attracts dropouts. At rank B, it's enough to finally see the average strength(lvl 35) of a combat job. Guards are far more powerful than inexperienced adventurers.


However, the use of force was not advisable. After all, the guild forbids any kind of private fights. If they allowed it, the guild would become a lawless zone, and newcomers would not be able to enter.


Then I considered asking the guild to condemn these two for their nuisance, but that seemed difficult as well. Because the receptionist and other guild officials were completely still, despite having witnessed the current shambles. It would be pointless to hope.


I was concerned about the guild's management at this rate, but from the reports coming into the castle, it seems that everything is fine. It’s a strange thing.


There are two options for dealing with the current situation. Either we force them to retreat through non-violent means, or we challenge them to a duel.


In all likelihood, the large men probably want the latter. They want to demand Shion's custody as compensation in case I lose. It was really easy to understand because they were stretching out their noses.


They probably think they can beat the newcomers, but they are naive. It’s not a given that the newcomers are weaker than them. Well, it's because they are idiots that they are drinking in the daytime.


Convinced, I turn my thoughts to how to deal with the two of them.


I don't mind if we duel because I can win anyway. But I didn't like the idea of following these idiots.


Therefore, I decided to eliminate the large men by means other than force.


I let the Mana in my body rise and smiled at them. They raised their eyebrows, but I didn't care.


The next moment, I unleashed my heightened Mana all at once as if to snatch away the large men ahead of me.


Naturally, the large men were swallowed by the enormous wave of Mana. Colorless and transparent, it covered their entire bodies without being noticed.




““Ah—””




The large men who had received all the Mana fell down on the spot with a small moan. They were foaming uncontrollably in their mouths and incontinence.


What I did just now was Non-Attribute magic called [Intimidation]. Originally, [Intimidation] was intended to only momentarily frighten weaker opponents.


However, the actual result was different.


The reason is that my research has succeeded in increasing the effect of [Intimidation]. By combining it with Mind Magic, it’s now possible to knock someone out, although the scope of “Weaker than oneself” couldn’t be eliminated.




“Isn't that too much?”




Shion, who was standing behind me, complained with a hint of bewilderment.


The guild was in an uproar because the large men suddenly fell into a miserable state. The staff was screaming and the other adventurers were tense.


But I just shrugged my shoulders and let out a wry smile.




“I didn't expect it to be so effective. It seems these two had a minuscule amount of Mana for their strength to handle it.”




I had expected to just knock them out. But what I didn’t was for them to have incontinence because I was taking it easy on them.


As I said before, the cause was the lack of Mana of the other party. Since I boast an overwhelming amount of Mana, it appears that the gap between us was too wide. That’s the reason why the effect was greater than expected.


At this point, the people around me do not seem to think that I have defeated the two of them. The adventurers' attention was focused on their surroundings and didn’t reach us.


It's only natural. The [Mana Sight] can only be used by me, who knows modern science, and Caron, who was given this knowledge, and it’s unthinkable that people in this world can activate it. It did not appear in the game either. But if it’s an elf who’s so skilled at manipulating magic, I guess they might have a shot. Well, that was just my speculation, though.


That's why Shion's family always uses [Disguise] magic. Because no one can see through their magic.


Well then, if I leave it like this, we'll be suspected, so I'll put on a show.




“O-Oi! Are you guys okay?”




I shook them by the shoulders and pretended to be surprised that the large men had fainted. If they fell as hard as this, they wouldn't wake up for at least 30 minutes, but I just posed for them anyway. I also signal with my eyes and have Shion do the same.


Because of my sudden performance, I was worried that I had turned into a troublesome matter, but my fears were unfounded.


Soon after, the staff came to interview us, but they did not seem to suspect that we were the cause of the problem. In fact, they were concerned that we might have been affected because we were near the situation.


After that, we were released from the interrogation and received a commission from the bulletin board.


We have eaten up some time, but there’s still some left before the sun goes down. I’ll just quickly finish this.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 0/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






10 comments:

  1. My man unlocked Conqueror's Haki...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, that's conqueror's haki right there. from what i understand, MC can already use something similar to observation haki, to the point of predicting the future, but it's slightly different from the real observation haki. and now at this chapter, he can use 2 out of 3 types of haki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Body reinforcement could be something like Armament haki, so he has all 3 unlocked kek

      Delete
  3. just how stupid is everyone in this world? clearly he should be the first suspected

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still a 7 years old kid with a woman around 20 years old. I don't think they realized that a kid that age literally released Conqueror's Haki on those 3 buffed guy.

      Delete
    2. Teenager*

      He is disguising himself to appear older.

      Delete
  4. We have here the Haki system
    [Body Enhancement] = Armament Haki
    [Prediction] + [Detection] = Observation Haki
    [Intimidation] = Conqueror Haki.
    Mc is literally newbie Roger without the advanced haki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PLEASE TELL ME YOU STAYED WITH ZECH "sechs" sound like sex and doesnt sound good 😶

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that's enough of this nonsense. These guys just write novels with a checklist and churn out the same crap with slightly different variations. I also have a hard time reading about 7 years olds, that's just fucking ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete