Friday 10 February 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 78

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Epilogue — Family Part 2




— — —




A few days have passed since the New Year began. The relaxing atmosphere peculiar to the year-end holidays had faded away, and the usual situation gradually began to return. However, there wasn’t much change inside the castle.


During the New Year's holidays in the Holy Kingdom, it was common for many people to gather together and make a lot of noise. They held festivals and parties with their own families. That was how they celebrate


That was why the management side had to clean up afterward. They were probably busier than usual.


After those things were settled, the castle finally regained its composure and gave my subordinates a period of time off. Although it was still not as good as in modern Japan, I want to improve the welfare system in this world.


In my office, which was quieter than usual, I’m writing again today.


Only the hard sound of my pen echoes in the room.


Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. For a moment, I was disturbed, but I concentrated on the task at hand, thinking that the maid waiting at the door would take care of it.


But it seems that was not the case.




“Zechs-sama.”




The maid, who was supposed to deal with guests and visitors, approached me. When I stopped her and asked her what the problem was, she told me that Shion had come to visit.


Huh, does she need something? I thought that today was her off. I couldn’t think of any reason for her to visit here…


I ordered the maid to let her in, as there was no answer to my question even if I bothered to ask.




“Sorry for taking your precious time, Zechs-sama.”





Shion, who entered the room, was wearing plain clothes. It was understandable since she was not working for today. However, since she was visiting the office, she was dressed formally. Was it more like a casual suit?





“Don’t mind it. So, what's going on?”





I think it probably had something to do with the basket in her hand.


As it turned out, my guess was correct.





“It’s time for lunch soon, so I thought it would be a good to bring you some meal.”

“Hey, Hey, it’s your off today, right? Why do you have to go out of your way to take care of me?”





Shion’s answer was a bit unexpected. It was her day off, so why doesn't she use it more for herself? She could go shopping, relax, and do refreshing things.


But In response to my concern, she shook her head.




“I appreciate your concern, but this is what I myself wanted to do.”

“I see…Well, if you said so, I gratefully accept your kindness. It's already noon, after all. I’ll be finished in a little while, so you just leave the meal here.”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




It was my own way of saying that I wanted her to enjoy her day off without worrying about me. However, when Shion heard this, she suddenly panic. Her eyes swam around and her body trembled a bit.


Everyone in the room, including me, tilted their heads at her blatant attitude.


Shion who seemed to realize that she was the center of attention, froze on her spot with her mouth opening and closing as if she wants to say something. What the heck was she doing?


Shion looked upset for a while, but then she seemed to have made up her mind. She took one deep breath and opened her mouth.





“Zechs-sama.”

“What is it?”

“—Would you like to have a meal with me?”

“......”





My eyes widened at her unexpected invitation. My subordinates around me also let out voices of admiration.


Ahhh….It is that, huh? Like an invitation for a date? Shion's cheeks were dyed red, and although I think there was no doubt from the quality of emotion leaking out from her, it would be embarrassing if it was a misunderstanding.





“...Am I bothering you…?”





Soon after, Shion asks me, her eyes shaking with anxiety.


Ah, my bad. I was so surprised that I froze and gave her unnecessary worries.


Well, considering our position, Shion's invitation was disrespectful. I could only assume that she understood this and was prepared to ask so, which was quite a feat. That’s why I shouldn’t trample on her feelings at this point. She’s an important member of my family, after all.





“No, you’re not. I will gladly accept your invitation.”





I said so with a natural smile plastered on my face.









After that, we went to the garden full of the Magical Flower since Shion had requested a less populated place. Only my siblings and I, as well as the resident gardener, visit this place.


The meal Shion had prepared was sandwiches, with a basket filled with colorful ingredients. From the outside, it looked very delicious.


Come to think of it, this was the first time I've had a meal prepared by Shion. Considering her nature (A Clumsy Girl), I feel uneasy, but for now, I'll trust her maid power. Apart from her screw-ups, Shion's abilities were of a high standard, and I couldn’t neglect her kindness.


I put on my best face and ate the egg sandwich.





“Delicious.”





I couldn’t stop eating. It was so good that she could have opened a restaurant.


In no time at all, I had finished my egg sandwich and told Shion how I liked it.





“It was very delicious. I could eat as many as I wanted.”





Then Shion smiled widely.





“Thank you. I'm very happy to hear you say that.”




An aura of happiness was overflowing from her entire body. It seemed like she was delighted to be praised for her cooking skills.


Well, there was no doubt about it. Empirically, I could read and feel emotions more than Mana. If I were as insensitive as the protagonists (The Hero and The Saint), I would have gone through with it, but I'm as perceptive as anyone. In addition, I could use Mind Magic. There was no way I wouldn't have noticed.


Shion has feelings for me. Not as a family member, but as an opposite sex, love if you call it.


[Tired: What’s their age gap again?]


I have no doubt that she has an idea, but she hasn't done anything that decisive. After the incident with Curtis, there was something of a strange atmosphere, but I didn't expect it to settle down like this. To be honest, I had thought that Shion's feelings for me would be confined to familial love.


After all, other people's minds are complex and bizarre. Even if I have mastered something as convenient as Mind Magic, it was not so easy to predict.


Thinking like this, Shion and I proceeded with our meal. We were just chatting lightly as usual, but she seemed to be very “happy!” that I was a bit embarrassed about it.




We took a short break after the meal while gazing at the garden in a daze. The lunch break was almost over. I have to attend Nina's training in the afternoon, so we couldn't rest for long.


Understanding this, Shion looked a little sad. There was no trace of her usual cool atmosphere. There she was, sweet as could be.


I wonder what should I do about this?


I couldn’t take any more action than I would even if I knew how much Shion liked me. Because of our mutual position, there was a danger that all of my suggestions would turn into orders.


The fundamental problem was that the feelings I have for Shion are more akin to familial love. It was by no means synonymous with the feelings I have for the opposite sex.


In light of this, I could not make a move. The fact that I didn't want to hurt my family was also an aggravating factor.


Time passed slowly, and I was about to put off the problem by escaping. Sion suddenly opened her mouth.




“I love you, Zechs-sama.”




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kindly support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






11 comments:

  1. Thank you very much ! Can't wait to read more !

    ReplyDelete
  2. 90 years... Well, if they don't mind, who am i to judge them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait 90 years? I might have drop somewhere in the story, but as I remembered, Shion was just a little more than 20, right? Even if we also count the mental age of the mc, I doubt it even reached 40 years tbh.

      Delete
    2. if i remember right she was 19 when he was 3 so since 5 years has s[assed she's 23 atm

      Delete
    3. pls ignore previous thing said was keyboard spazzing out but yeah shion should be 24 right now

      Delete
    4. Considering that Shion has a longer lifespan than a human, the two of them getting married once Zechs is old enough shouldn't be a problem. The big hurdle is status. Shion is a bad candidate for a Count's first wife. Shion would be acceptable as a second wife or a concubine.

      Nina would be a very weak candidate for first wife. She is from an appropriate bloodline, but being on the losing end of a civil war and her house destroyed would be a detriment. Zechs would have to come out as a powerhouse and be able to intimidate other noble houses to balance that deficit out.

      Delete
  3. A non dense MC, and a heroine that clearly states her feelings... I'm about to cry tears of blood from how much I'm touched to find such rare creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you consider that elves live until 200 or so, 24 would put her at 8-12 in human years. Relative elf/human physical maturity levels would be a thing...

    ReplyDelete