Friday 10 September 2021

I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 13

 
I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 13


TL Note: I probably won't be posting during this weekend due to me not feeling so well, but if I do feel fine I'll probably be posting anyways since I actually find translating fun. 


Chapter 13: Going to the childhood friend's house



Night. 



"I now know how the people who heard Gi○n's singing felt." (TL Note: Gian from Doraemon, he's the fat dude that bullies the main character of the show.)



Were the words Konoha left before she passed out. 



*shiver shiver*



I left the store towards the station together with the shivering Lumi-chan. 


I walked slowly while carrying Konoha on my back. 


It took ten minutes to get to the station, but since Konoha and I were taking a train going a different direction from Lumi-chan we separated here. 



"I'm sorry Lumi-chan." 


[it's fine… do you feel a little bit better now?] 



Lumi-chan unhurriedly wrote her message. 



"Yeah. I forgot about it for a little bit, thanks."


[Well then it seems like the train has arrived, so I'll excuse myself here.] 


"Take care." 



With a smile, Lumi-chan went into the train. 



[When we go to karaoke next time, please don't sing.] 



I got a bit sad when such a message came. 


So it was that bad… 


ーーーーーーーーーーーー


“Ha-! Galaxy station…”


“Which galaxy railroad?” (TL Note: I honestly have no idea what this is a reference to.)


“Is this inside a train…?”


“You were passed out the entire time.”


“It’s Haruto’s fault.”


“I feel really bad about that.”



It seems I’m really bad at singing.


If it’s to the point that Konoha would faint, how bad am I at singing?



[The next station is XX station.]



It’s our station.



“I still feel dizzy…”


“What kind of aftereffect is that?”


“It’s a joke, now let’s go to my house.”


“Why!?”


“...You don’t want to?”


“I’ll go.”



If she looks at me like that, there’s no way I can refuse.


Konoha’s house is an apartment close to the station.



“Now that I think about it, it was around middle school when I stopped visiting Konoha’s house.”


“Mom and dad will be happy.”



It amazes me every time I see the apartment that Konoha lives in, it’s near the station, and the building is large and there’s lots of space inside.


Konoha’s dad is the CEO of a famous company.


Other than this apartment, they have a villa in a different prefecture.


In the apartment building’s top floor is where Konoha lives.


We rode the elevator up.



“Are your parents doing well?”


“Yeah, they’re as usual.”


“Is that so?”


“What about Haruto’s parents?”


“Um, They haven’t sent me any messages on LIME, so I’m not really sure. At the very least I think they’re still alive.”


“I see…”



I’m thankful that she’s being careful and bringing up the topic about Hiiragi-san.



“We’re here.”



At the entrance of a certain room at the top floor.


Konoha opens the lock and enters inside.


Following her I also go in.



“I’m home.”

“I’m sorry for intruding.”


“Welcome home, Konoha.”



The one who welcomed us, looking similar to Konoha(obviously) was a young woman.



“I’m home, mama.”


“Dear, there’s an incident! Konoha brought home a man!”


“What-!?”



With a rush, this time it was a young man who appeared.



“You bast*rd, from which hole did you come out from!?”


“Mom and dad are noisy.”

“I’m relieved that you guys are as lively as ever.”


“That face, are you Haruto-kun? You’ve really grown!”



The woman who noticed it first, looked at me and said.



“It’s been a while, Yurie-san.”



The woman is named Umine Yurie. 


She's Konoha's mom and different from Konoha, she's the cheerful type. 



"What, oh it's just Haruto-kun. That's good, we didn't have to see blood today." 


"Toushirou-san, can you please not say something so scary!?" 



And the man is called Umine Toushirou. 


Konoha's dad, and a certain company's CEO. 



"It really has been a while. I think the last time we met was during your middle school graduation?" 


"That's right, after all we ended up going to different schools." 


"Are Asahi and Hisako doing well?" 


"I'm a bit worried since they don't really reply even when I send them messages on LIME, but they're probably travelling off somewhere." 


"Haha, those two are just like usual. I also tried contacting them, but I couldn't get to them at all." 



Asahi is my dad, and Hisako is my mom's name. 



"Let's leave it at that, Haruto come with me." 



Gripping my sleeve, Konoha pulled me towards her room. 



"Hey hey, Konoha? Why are you letting Haruto-kun into your room? Even though I have never entered it." 


"It's because you're dad."


"Why!?"



Receiving a heavy shock, Toushirou-san fell to his knees. 


He has never entered it even once, huh. 


Now that I think about it, I feel like he hasn't been allowed in there since grade school. 



"Take your time." 



On the other hand, Yurie-san smiled and waved at us. 


ーーーーーーーーーーーー


Konoha's room is quite simple. 


Just a table for studying and a bed for sleeping. 


And on a small table is a computer. 


Other than that is just some plushies and a case for clothes. 



"It hasn't changed much, huh?" 


"I don't like having it be messy." 


"So it's like that." 



Konoha has been like this since a long time ago. 


But, I'm wondering about one thing. 



"Where do you shoot your videos?" 


"I leave my equipment in dad's room." 



I started to feel sorry for Toushirou-san



"I do my editing on this computer. and listen to music with this." 



Now that I take a look at it, there's also speakers. 



"Well then, I'll change." 


"Can you not take your clothes off here!?" 


"Since it's my room, there should be no problem." 


"Please don't forget that I'm here." 


"But I did it normally when we were in grade school." 


"We're highschoolers now! And Konoha has also grown as well." 


"Fufun, I am getting closer to being an adult." 



Konoha smugly raised her chest. 


I can't tell her. 


That her chest isn't that big…



"Do you want to die?"


"Even though I didn't say anything!?" 


"If you don't want to die, then be careful with your line of sight." 


"Sorry." 


"... Then let's talk for a bit." 


"Talk?" 


"About Lumi-chan, how does Haruto know her?" 


"It's because I met her before." 


"That's strange. The Hartman channel has only been made recently, and the other person is a popular vtuber with 3 million subscribers. There's not a lot of points for contact." 



She's sharp. 


It would be better if I explained it to her properly. 



"The truth is I met her through work." 


"Work? With vocaloid?" 


"No, novels." 


"Haruto is a novelist?" 


"It's because the novel I was serializing on the internet got novelised, and the person hired to be in charge of the illustrations was Amatsu Atsume." 


"... Is it the writer [Haru]?" 


"So Konoha knows about it as well. that's me… you seem very surprised, but why?" 



She's even more surprised than when she found out I was Hartman. 



"I'm just a little surprised." 


"That's not just a little!?" 


"I was quite surprised. Since I saw it on the internet news." 


"Speaking of which, it did become news." 


"Why didn't you tell me?" 


"Because there really wasn't any chance to tell you…" 


"Are there others who know about this?" 


"I think other than the people related, it's just Konoha." 


"If it's like that, then I'll forgive you." 



I don't really understand, but I was forgiven. 



"For now, I'll also follow that one." 


"Thanks." 



Konoha quickly operated her phone. 


Ah, she really followed me. 


I'll follow her as well. 



"... Why was Haruto interested in that woman?" 


"Like I said earlier, Hiiragi-san was a kind person who would talk to anyone. During the 1st days of school it was also Hiiragi-san who called out to me." 


"Because of that you got interested in her…" 


"After all, if you were talked to by a beauty like that, you'd obviously get excited." 


"Then how about me?" 


"Although Konoha is cute, since we're childhood friends it doesn't make me as excited." 


"Even if I do this?" 


"Hm?" 



I was pushed down by Konoha. 


Isn't this usually done by the guy instead?


Without minding the confused me, Konoha's face was inching closer. 



"Um, Konoha-san?" 


"Now now, just a little bit more and we will kiss." 


"Can you stop enjoying this!?" 



With a fearless smile she slowly inched closer... until just a small distance.


So it's true that girls smell sweet. 


My mind is growing confused. 



"...Did you really think I'd do it?" 


"Eh?" 



Konoha stopped moving. 



"It's fun teasing Haruto." 


"I was so surprised, you know?" 


"Did you get excited?" 


"Of course I'd get excited if you do that!" 



This is bad for my heart, it's beating wildly. 



"It really is beating wildly." 



Placing her ears on my chest, she listened to my heart beat. 


As expected, I want her to distance herself. 


A sound came from the door. 


When we looked towards the sound, it was Yurie-san making a panicked face, and Toushirou-san looking like a demon.



"What should we do!? What should we do!? Konoha has become very bold!" 


"Have you resolved yourself for death, kid?" 



Am I going to die today? 



10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually the childhood friend loses, but I'm rooting for Konoha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Galaxy railroad is a ref to Ginga Tetsudō 999 (also known as Galaxy Express 999), an old (1978-1981) Leiji Matsumoto's classic anime (a masterpiece space opera that you should go watch right now for culture sake, and also because it is really damn great).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeyyyy.... found the best girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chapter ��

    ReplyDelete