Saturday 25 September 2021

I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 16

 
I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 16

TL Note: This chapter was short so I was able to finish it in less than a day.

Chapter 16: Towards novelization 



[How are the revisions for [Mission] going so far?]



One day a few days after I went to Karaoke.


I got a message from the editor in charge of me, Amano Kaede-san.


[Mission]


It’s the novel I posted under the pen name [Haru] on the website [Shousetsuka Ni Nachaou(Let’s become a novelist.)], and in this time is getting a novelization.


There are lots of parts needing revision, so I am doing it slowly. 



[For the revisions, I’m about 3/4ths done. Right now, as a change of pace, I am writing a short story to be added as new text.]


[I understand, thank you very much.] 



Since it’s my first time doing a novelization, it’s taking quite a lot of time. 



[Can I take a look at the parts that have already been revised?]


[I understand, I will send it over.]



We conversed via mail. 



[I will now confirm it.]


[Thank you very much.]



A bit of time passed, and parts to be revised were pointed out. 



[The writing in this part is strange.]


[There is a typo here.] 



Were what was pointed out. 



“Uhe-, this is tough.” 



In just 3/4ths, there were a lot of points checked. 


This is gonna take a while.



[You did really well for your first time!]



Amano-san followed me up.



[Thank you very much. I’ll continue doing my best.]


[That’s the spirit!]



I put aside the short story, and started on the revision again.


I wrote, sent, and revised the stuff pointed out.


That continued for a week.


But even then, I was able to do about half of a volume. 



“Thank you for your work. I’ll send the finished parts to the proofreader then, ok?” 



A proofreader is someone who checks the contents for any mistakes and if any of the contents need revisions.


After a few hours, a fair amount of points for revision were pointed out. 



“Proofreaders really are amazing.” 



While thinking so, I finished revising the manuscript.



“Fuu, I’m tired.”


“Thank you for your work.”

“Novelization really is hard work.”


“Yes, because it is finished with the support of many people, the feeling when it’s done is really great.”



That feeling when it’s done, I wanna experience it myself!


Ok, let’s do this!!



“Well then, after the latter half is done, and the new text, it would be time for the afterword.” 



The path to novelization is still pretty steep.


There’s only a few days left for summer break too.


When summer break ends, it will be time to go back to school. 



Which means. 



“I’ll have to meet Hiiragi-san, huh… I don’t want to.” 



Because of what happened at the karaoke place, I really don’t want to see her face.


For the fact that we’re in the same class to be this agonizing.


My phone started vibrating.


It’s Tenrai-kun. 



“Hey Hey Hey!! The Haruto-san that got dumped and is spending his last 3 days of summer break meaninglessly!”



With incredible tension, he just dug out my wounds. 


Stop it! My endurance is already at 0 you know!?



“Let’s go pick up some chicks!” 



What?? 



3 comments: