Saturday 25 September 2021

I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 17

 I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Love consultation With that said, we arrived at the sea. According to Tenrai-kun, [For picking up girls, I called someone reliable who could help us! The helper will be a little late.] With that said, me and Tenrai-kun sat on the beach while grasping our knees. Why this position? “I was worried since even when I sent a LIME or called there was no response.” “Ah… yeah, I had something going on.” I was working on the novelization the entire time. I left my phone alone other than for contacting Lumi-chan or Amano-san. “Were you depressed the entire time?” “No, it wasn’t like that.” “It’s fine, It’s fine, guys who get dumped get stronger, you know?” I think he’s misunderstanding something here… When I was about to tell him what was happening, we suddenly heard women screeching. “I wonder what it is.” “It seems he’s here.” “Could it be our helper?” “Yeah! He’s the strongest helper!” The person in the center of everyone’s sights leisurely walked towards us. He was wearing flashy swimming trunks and was exposing his well trained muscles. He had an androgynous face and beautiful brown hair. Nn? He looks really familiar. “Hahahaha!!” He walked towards here while laughing. “Could it be our helper is that person?” “Yeah! My relative Masamune-niisan!” Tenjouin Masamune-sensei is a model, and also a novelist, he’s an amazing person. “Oo!! I heard it was Tenrai-kun’s acquaintance, but to think it would be Ha[Please wait for a moment!!!] Oops, Sakurai-kun.” That was dangerous. I’m keeping the fact that I’m Haru a secret from Tenrai-kun. I panickedly stopped Masamune-sensei from calling me by my pen name. “You knew Haruto?” “He’s my rival.” “I coincidentally met him a while back.” “I see, Masamune-niisan is cool after all!” “Tenrai-kun is cool as always too, you know.” “No way, I’m just copying you. Thank you for coming even though you were busy.” “Fuu, don’t worry about it. I coincidentally had a shoot nearby after all. I felt like swimming too, so it was good timing.” “I’m happy to hear that. That’s right, Niisan, listen to Haruto’s story. This guy recently got dumped.” “So that’s why I wasn’t being contacted recently! Very well, I’ll listen to your story.” His eyes started shining, or rather, Masamune-sensei was looking at me very interestedly.
“Isn’t this great Haruto? Masamune-niisan is popular, so his love consultations are always on point.” He pat me on the shoulder and ran off saying “Then I’m off to hit on some girls!”. ーーーーーーーーーー “To think that Tenrai’s friend would be Haru-sensei.” “It was also my first time hearing that Sensei was actually Tenrai-kun’s relative.” “Our homes were near each other, so we played together a lot. I’m an only-child, so I was happy because it felt like I had a younger brother.” Masamune-sensei said with a nostalgic face. “That aside, Tenrai said you got dumped, but what’s with that?” “The truth is…” I talked about everything to Masamune-sensei. “Fumu, Fumu...I see.” “What do you think?” “I think both of you were in the wrong. But the one in the wrong in the first place was Sakurai-kun who didn’t reply.” “That’s right…” “Since you also write novels, think about it from the other side’s perspective. Sakurai-kun liked Hiiragi-jou so you confessed. But they said [I want some time to think] and then no answer came… what would you think?” (TL Note: Masamune calls Hiiragi with a jou honorific which is used for unmarried women and just as a simple “Miss”, idk why he uses it, but he speaks in this weird posh[?] way in japanese.) “...” “You’d be normally flustered, right? More than being confessed to, waiting for an answer to your confession would be an even tougher time. That time being shorter would be better for both parties involved, don’t you think?” “...That’s right.” I’ve only thought about myself until now. I’ve never thought about it from Hiiragi-san’s perspective. That’s why, when a better man like Sanjou-senpai appeared, it would be natural to go to him instead. “It’s my own personal opinion, but writers write novels using their own delusions. Delusions are a wonderful thing! Since writers can write as many developments that fit them as they like. That’s why, you shouldn’t be naive about reality. As long as you don’t act on something, your surroundings won’t work with you either. No girl would fall for you just because you’re a little nice either.” “What should I do, then?” “FIrst of all it would be good to apologize to Hiiragi-jou. Whether she confessed to you because she liked you, or as a joke… only the person themself would know. You should first acknowledge your fault and properly apologize. And you should fix that indecisive nature of yours.” “I should… apologize.” “That’s right. You might get some words you don’t like thrown at you, but there’s a reason for your actions. Look back on where you were wrong, and sincerely apologize. If you don’t do it now, you’ll regret it.” “I… understand. I’ll get myself together and apologize to Hiiragi-san.” “Umu, you’re my rival, so don’t hesitate over something on this level.” Masamune-sensei gently pat me on the shoulder. “How do I fix my Indecisiveness?” “Fu, that’s easy.” Masamune-sensei says with a mysterious pose. “Just make decisions immediately!” What does that have to do with the pose? “There’s tons of ways to fix indecisiveness. There’s different ways to change the way you think about things.” “My way of thinking about things…” “The way of thinking about how you don’t want to lose friends or be hated by them is wonderful, but to delay answering because of that is wrong. Take a better look at your surroundings! Do you think that your classmates are the only people you can expand your social circle with? Is your vision that narrow?” “You’re wrong!” “Friends are people you can consult with about your problems that you can’t talk about with other people, and think about it together. I think that people you just talk with in class and exchange greetings with are not considered friends.” “!” That’s right, I misunderstood. Sure, I talked with Hiiragi-san a lot, but that’s only on the level of small talk. I’ve never talked with her about anything that I can talk about with Tenrai-kun. I was wrong. Thanks to Masamune-sensei, I was able to notice my mistake. “Thank you very much Masamune-sensei!” “Fuu, helping out a rival that’s down in the dumps is just a matter of course. And I’m thankful that you’re getting along with Tenrai as well. Now, since we’ve settled your problems, let’s go for a swim!” “Yes! Let’s go!” We went into the sea. The water cooled down my head. There’s only a few days left on summer vacation. I’ll properly apologize to Hiiragi-san. But for now I’ll enjoy the cool sensation of the water. When me and Masamune-sensei went back to the beach, we saw the figure of a worn out Tenrai-kun, but that’s a story for another time.

TL Note: You know what they say, Bros before low end gardening tools.

13 comments:

  1. Thankies. They're quite a pair of airheads sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I hope this goes for the better for Haruto. You know what they say, youth is a time to learn a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this stypid misunderstanding gets resolved fast. The fact that Haruto thinks its hes fault that the confession went bad is just plain stypid. These guys got peanuts for brains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Masamune-sensei gave genuine advice about friendships and decision making.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I just started reading this novel today and already caught up. Thanks for translating

    ReplyDelete
  7. I not agree in masamune-senpai idea that Haruto need to apologize to that bitch , a very Studid idea,
    First of all Haruto is Right to think carefully if he will accept the confession or not
    You don't need to answer it immediately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is not about who is right or wrong. This is about makes Haru better.... So guilt also one of em and realizing our fault and becoming the bigger man then apologize.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the chapter ��

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wth are they talking about now? He didn't make her wait long at all. She just didn't check when he replied and ignored it when she dumped him. They keep talking about him making her wait for a reply but literally 1 day isn't long. Why ate they telling the story as if he took 2 months.

    ReplyDelete