Tuesday 7 September 2021

I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 10

 
I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 10


TL Note: I changed Rumi to Lumi as per the suggestion of one of the comments on one of the previous chapters.

Chapter 10: About the fact that my childhood friend is a singer



[Hurry and upload already.] 


When half of the summer break has passed already, a LIME message from my childhood friend Umine Konoha came. 


By the way, she already sent over 99 messages. 


I was surprised. 


When I woke up in the morning my phone was blowing up with 99+ message notifications. 


I don't really chat that much, so I thought it was broken at first. 


And the message was all the same as what was mentioned before. 


There were 99+ of the same message. 


Rather than the app, it was Konoha that was broken. 


I immediately called her. 


It was because writing a message would be more bothersome. 



"Um… At the very least I'm slowly working on it."


"Slow." 


"No, isn't it impossible?" 



The song [Blue Elfin] that I posted under the name [Hartman] has thankfully reached 1.5 million views. 


I also have 1000 subscribers now. 


But it was only that.


I thought I'd get more subscribers, but it wouldn't increase at all. 



"I have other things going on as well." 



Like the novelisation of [Mission]. 


To be honest, there's so many parts I want to correct that I feel like crying. 


On top of that I also have to discuss the character designs with Lumi-chan, I don't really have the leisure to work on a vocaloid song right now. 


But, Konoha who doesn't know that keeps pushing me to do so. 



[You probably just have some unfinished homework right? That kind of thing can be done later.] 


"That's not something an honor student should be saying." 



It seems like Konoha is one of the top students at her school. 


She was bragging about it with a smug face. 



[If you want to increase your subscribers, you have no choice but to upload a lot. Also the people subscribed to you are looking forward to your next song.] 


"I didn't make a vocaloid song in order to increase my subscribers." 



It's just one of my hobbies. 


It's not like I don't care about my number of subscribers, but I never thought about increasing it. 



"Muu, if it increases then I'll be happy." 


"I'm also quite busy after all. And I haven't decided on how my next work is gonna be." 



In the first place my work [Blue Elfin] is my first one. 


I can't just dish out songs so easily like that. 




"It took me 2 years to finish [Blue Elfin], you know? although I had to stop for a while due to my highschool entrance exams." 


[... If it's like that, then it can't be helped.] 


"It helps that you understand." 



It's a relief that I have an understanding childhood friend. 



[Oh, by the way, does Haruto know Amatsu Atsume-sensei?] 


"Of course I do." 



She's [Mission]'s illustrator. 


She probably doesn't know, but why is she asking? 



[It's been decided that we're gonna have a collab.]


"Ha?"



What are you saying, Konoha? 


You really like jokes, don't you. 



[Does Haruto know about "Konoha"?] 


"[Konoha] ? My childhood friend Konoha?" 


[Look it up on Youtubo.] 



I looked it up like she told me to, as she said there's a channel called [Konoha] in english letters. 



"Is it this channel with 200k subscribers?" 


[That's me.] 


"Yes??" 


[I'm a singer.] 


"that's a joke, right?" 


"it's true" 



From what she explained, she got really into singer's last year, and she also wanted to be one as well, so she uploaded a song and got really popular. 



[Am I amazing?] 


"Why are you saying it like a slit-mouth woman? It's really amazing! But, I listened to the song just now and isn't the voice kind of different?" 


[It's been processed a little bit, I think they call it a mix?] 



Wow, so there's something like that.



[I'm going back on topic, I'll be collabing with Amatsu Atsume-sensei.] 


"That's amazing, but why?" 


[When I thought about doing a cover of Haruto's "Blue Elfin" they contacted me.] 



In detail, Konoha was publicly recruiting an illustrator to do the thumbnail, and this time she did so on twitter saying she's gonna cover [Blue Elfin] and Amatsu Atsume-sensei sent her a message. 



[This time Amatsu Atsume-sensei is gonna do the illustration.] 



That's amazing. 


I know from her illustration of [Mission], but her drawings are really moving. 



"Isn't that great, Konoha?" 


[Yeah, that's fine, but there's one problem.]



Problem?



[We have a plan to meet up to get familiar with each other.] 


"Isn't that good? She might draw some illustrations for you again next time." 


[Haruto knows my personality right?] 


"..." 



That's right. 


I forgot how shy Konoha was.


Although she can speak normally to me because we're childhood friends, I've never seen her talk to anybody else. 


Wait a minute… isn't Lumi-chan also very shy? 


What's gonna happen if the two of them meet? 



"Won't it be hell?" 



Since I know the personalities of the two, I can easily imagine the scene.



[Now do you know how I feel?] 



… Am I gonna be asked to be the middle man? 



[I've never met Amatsu Atsume-sensei before, so I don't even know their gender, if they're gonna be a man it would be scary.] 



If I told her that she's actually younger than Konoha, I wonder if she would actually believe me. 


This is where I should do my best. 



"I got it, so when do you plan to meet up?" 


[... Today at 1pm.]


"It's almost 12 right now though!?" 



Um, Konoha-san? 


Can you stop telling me these things so suddenly? 



"By the way, where are you meeting up?" 


[It's at a Karaoke place 2 stations away from you.] 


"Are you doing a mixer or something!?" 



For now, I hurriedly prepared and headed towards the meeting place. 


But thinking of the walk to the station and the time the train comes, I don't feel like I'll make it in time. 


Since it can't be helped, I messaged Konoha [I'll be a little late.] and hurried to the station. 



2 comments: