Saturday 6 November 2021

Reincarnated in a different world as a sacred treasure, I am unmatched with an elf girl! Chapter 1

 

Yamiyo Yoitsuki

[How much do you have, Yamiyo?]
[Huh?... What do you mean?]
[Money. I’ve used up this month’s pocket money, lend me yours]
[I don’t want to…. Get a job]
[You’re annoying….]

After that my sister left my room.
It’s always like that. Despite Hikaru being my sister, she still wants to take my, her brother’s, money.
I got a bad feeling about what was to come.

[Yamiyo!! What did you say to Hikaru!!]

My mum came into my room while yelling.
Hikaru stood behind my mum. Her little eyes were red, I guess from crying.

[I haven’t done anything. Hikaru-]
[Don’t lie!! Did Hikaru say that? Have you taken money from Hikaru’s wallet? Why would you do such a thing!!]
[I didn’t do it!! Hikaru-]
[Get your act together!! Yamiyo, get out your wallet]
[Why…]
[Take it out!!]
[……..]

As soon as I got my wallet out, my mother snatched it.
Inside there is a 10 thousand Yen note and some coins, my mum took the note and handed it to Hikaru.

[Sorry Hikaru. Are you ok now?]
[Yeah. Thanks, mum]
[It’s okay. And Yamiyo, no food for you tonight!! And no more pocket money!!]
[……..]

My mum left.
Then, waving the note at me, Hikaru said.

[I’m not your friend. I-diot ]
[……..]

Hikaru carelessly laughed and left.

[Dammit….Why is it always me?]

I picked up my empty wallet and threw it in my bag.
It’s only me.
And it’s simple why. I’m a dropout and Hikaru is an honour student.
She’s got excellent grades and is good at most sports.
My grades are neither good nor bad, and I’m only average at sports.
For quite a while now, my sister has gotten all the love while I just get scolded.
My mum believes whatever Hikaru says, and my father listens to whatever selfish garbage comes out of her mouth.

[I want to go home…]

While muttering this, I get out my phone.
Because all the comics I had were taken by Hikaru, who then sold them, I can only read books online.
I enjoy reading novels that last a while.

[Different world reincarnation… If I die I wonder if I’ll go to another world]

No, that’s ridiculous.
When you die you are just a chunk of meat. Other worlds are just stories about fools’ delusions.

[I want to graduate early…]

I want to leave my parents and Hikaru.
I want to live freely and be alone early.

That’s what I, Yamiyo Yoitsuki, think every day.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Both at home and school, I had no place I could relax. So, when I went to open my shoebox.

[That…]

There aren’t any slippers. So, helpless, I go to the classroom wearing only my socks. As usual, my slippers are in the classroom’s rubbish bin. Most of my mornings go like this.

[TL: To explain, in Japan you take your shoes off inside, and wear slippers instead.]

[Good morning, Yamiyo!!]
[Guh!!]

My back was kicked and I fell over. As I tried to stand up, Shimoyama from the wrestling club grabbed my arm.

[Kurae joint technique!!]
[Ogi, Agaga!?]
[Ahahahaha!! That’s it. A handshake!!]

My head was hit, then someone pulled me up by my arm. It was Taichi Motoki who pulled me up. He was someone from a group that teased me.

[Do you have money?]
[Eh….n, no]
[Hmm. I saw it, you know. There’s 10 thousand Yen in your wallet]
[N, no…]
[Hmm]

Taichi Motoki gripped my finger and twisted it violently. My joint croaked and he released after I teared up in pain. This guy always waits until just before it breaks before stopping. He knew how to make me suffer.

[Well then, bring it tomorrow. Understand?]
[… It’s impossible. I don’t have money]
[Well then, you understand, right?]
[Hii……]

Motoki laughed and grinned while shoving his thumb in my side. After that, some girls stopped laughing.

[Motoki, stop it]
[Yeah, isn’t that guy Hikaru’s brother?]
[I dunno. I mean, even Hikaru does it]
[I guess so]

Then, the classroom door opened… they appeared.

[Good morning! Oh, what are you doing Motoki?]
[Ooh, Hikaru. Your brother is cheeky]
[Get off my brother already. He’s nothing but an embarrassment to me]
[Ahaha. My bad, my bad]

My bully group’s leader is Hikaru.
Hikaru goes to Yuichiro.

[Good morning, Yuichiro]
[Good morning Hikaru. Oh? Did you get a haircut?]
[You noticed? I knew you would!]

Hikaru was flirting without regard. While I was completely ignored. My classmates are laughing at me from afar.
Bullying. I was bullied in class, physically and mentally.
Bullying… My heart’s already used to it.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Homeroom starts and the teacher greets us and explains the schedule—…

[—…….eh?]

In one moment, I blinked, in the next, the world turned pure white.

[Eh, what’s this?]
[What?]
[Where’s the classroom?]
[Eh, eh?]
[W, why?]

It wasn’t even a moment. The teacher was talking, then the world went pure white. The chairs and desks have vanished, and I was suddenly standing. A pure white world. That’s the only way I can describe it.

“Everyone, can you hear me?”

A voice boomed throughout the world. It was a woman’s voice. Everyone was scared and some even cried.

“Everyone, you have all been chosen. From now on you will all be “swords” in another world”

I don’t understand. Hikaru is also stunned, and Yuichiro and his friends are also surprised.

“Well… Go on, the door leads to your new life”

In the white space, a door appeared. The door slowly opened, and past it, golden light shone.

[…Let’s go]
[Yuichiro…]
[It’s ok!! Everyone, let’s go!!]

Yuichiro started running, then Hikaru and the others start running. Why are they running to the suspicious door? I’m looking at the white space where everyone has left, I don’t understand.

[W, why did this….?]
“Are you lost?”
[E, er….]

I heard a voice. A God’s voice.

“Yamiyo Yoitsuki. Are you lost?”
[My, my name…why?]
“Your friends… Fufu, I suppose I shouldn’t call them friends. All your classmates, they are all excited to leave for a new world. They showed courage to seek strength, looking for something unknown in their reality, reaching for it. But you?”
[I, I….]
“You hate it don’t you? Going to the same world as them”
[…….]

Here, where the golden light gathered in the white space, a feathered woman appeared.

“Nice to meet you. I am the Goddess of transmigration, Nanamirika. And you are the seventh person to lose their way travelling to an unknown world.”
[………]
“Usually the young ones rush to adventure. But you got lost and stopped. Filled with fear and anxiety, even if I pushed you in the right direction you would stop.”
[…..Then, can I go back?]
“Fufu, you want to go back? That world, you don’t have a place there, do you?”
[N....]
“Neither here nor there, you have no place. But, unfortunately, I can’t not transmigrate you to another world. Ahh, what should I do?”
[….You’re a revered God. Yet you’re forcing me to go?]
“Sure am. If not anything else, sending you over there is for certain”
[………]
“Before that… let’s give you a special power”
[Eh]

Nanamirika put her hands together and opened them. Then, seven different balls of light appeared. All different colours.

“Like you, seven others refused to transfer to another world. These are their souls, abilities, and experiences. You get to inhabit one and then go to another world”
[………..]
“So, each of these souls is a soul of a powerhouse who made a name for themselves in the world over there. Which will you choose?”
[………hm?]

Suddenly I notice something. On Nanamirika’s chest, a small, glowing, black sphere was flickering. In Nanamirika’s hand there’s a strong force, yet… the black light on her chest was weak.

[…. What, is that black light on your chest?]
“…… This is”
[Is that, no good? That black… something. I’m curious what it is]
“……It’s the first time”

The black light on Nanamirika’s chest floats up before me.
I touch that black light. The next moment —… All seven light balls rushed into me.

“This black ball, the seven souls long for it, their lover. Even with my power, I couldn’t sever the connection between them. Okay… Let’s give to you, “Yami Yoi”, this black ball”
[Yami, Yoi…]
“Yamiyo Yoitsuki. It’s perfect for you… Fufu, well, welcome to the other world!”
[A—……]

Just like this, I set out to another world.

[TL: His name translates literally to “Evening moon, dark night”]


No comments:

Post a Comment