Monday 28 February 2022

Stop Being Unnecessarily Happy and Eat Ice Cream With a Kotatsu Chapter 1

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next


Chapter 1 - Sudden Betrayal


“You managed to get there in time. Oh, ...... the sunrise stings my eyes.”

Rieko Ooba squinted at the morning sun attacking her through the cracks in the building. Today was the third day of all night, and it was already the limit.

Rieko works as a producer at a small video company. It sounds good to be a producer, but it's just a chores. Making presentations, gathering people, deciding on content, managing schedules and listening to staff complaints.

If you don't have enough people, you can hold a microphone in the field.

Today is the presentation day for a big project, and I've been desperately preparing for more than half a year.

Shingo Kasai, four years her junior, also lamented as he walked behind Rieko.

“Oh my God, my eyes are really shaky."

Kasai was the sub-leader and had been up all night preparing for the event as much as Rieko.

It's over today. I'll go home early when it's over. I kept saying while walking in the shade.

Rieko puts her backpack on and opens her mouth.

“But I'm looking forward to seeing Akane and her presentation.”

"Oh, sure. We've been working together for a long time, so this is the first time we've presented to the same job."

“Yes, it's sad that we're not working together anymore, but it's fun to do this.”

My colleague, Akane Hososhima, left the company and moved to the very large CONTV video department.

We are a very weak video company, so to go to a very big company like CONTV is amazing. Akane was a painter, and Rieko loved the unique world she created.

I was shocked when I heard that she was quitting, since we had worked hard together for eight years since she joined the company, but with Akane's abilities, it was only natural! I thought.

Rieko herself can't draw and can't think of storyboards, so she looks up to all the people who can help her in that area.

Today is a famous artist , Ranjou's promotional video present.

I gathered a dozen or so staff members together and worked tirelessly to come up with ideas, had the moody director write the storyboards, and chased the artists who fled to the hot springs when they were distracted to write the image boards. I was exhausted.

I could still manage if I only had one job, but I had another presentation for a similar video proposal on the exact same day, and that was tough. At the end, I didn't know what kind of work I was doing.

I said, "It's going to be sand~" as I headed to the company where Kasai and I were meeting.

When I arrived, I was approached from behind.

“Rieko!”

“Akane~!”

I turned around and saw Akane Hososhima.

She is beautiful wearing the same neat suit as when she was in the office.

Rieko is a producer, but if she's not careful, she'll come to a meeting in a hoodie that she's been wearing for ten years.

Akane smiled as her slung an expensive looking leather bag over her shoulder.

"Let's work hard today."

“I'm looking forward to Akane’s presentation!”

“I'm also looking forward to Rieko and Kasai's presentation!”

Rieko and her friends got into the elevator together, reporting on their recent activities.

It's rather fun when your friends are workmates and rivals!

"Thank you for your time today. I'd like to start my presentation right away."

The conference room we were sent to for the presentation was on the top floor of the building, with a really nice view.

I enjoy the singers who belong to this office these days because they are all successful and they let me order work for them without regard to money.

Looking at the list of participants that was handed out, I saw that about 10 other companies had also come to present. There are famous filmmakers, artists whose names I've seen on the Internet, and manga artists.

A company with momentum is different. Rieko thought, "Heh.”

The order of presentation is the order written on the list. Oh, the first one was CONTV, Akane, and Rieko and her friends were second from last. Most of the presentations are normally done in secret, but since this company originates from the Internet, all competitions are open to the public.

I've seen other people's presentations being broadcasted online and decided by popular vote. It's only when people see the delivery that I can understand. No delivery was made today, but if you look next to the president, you can see the artist, Ranjou.

As usual, I sat there in a shell-like atmosphere. It's amazing because I can see the explosive image the moment that person sings.

While Rieko was thinking about this, Akane's presentation began.

“I'm Hososhima from CONTV. I'd like to begin my presentation. Thank you very much.”

In these large scale presentations, the first person is rather pretentious. Human memory inevitably remembers new things that come in fresh, so the impression of the first person is often faint.

It's hard enough to look at the list of order and think "I'll add a little more impact" when you're first.

Akane looked up with a coo ...... and began his presentation.

"Now, I would like to make a presentation. The theme is 'Light and Shadow'."

The moment they heard this, Rieko and Kasai, who was sitting next to her, looked up at the same time.

Then I looked at the monitor that appeared. There was a picture of the same idea that Rieko and the others had come up with.

No, not exactly. It was just that the whole setting was the same.

The project was taken down.

In an instant, I understood and my heart jumped with a loud thump. My heart starts thumping like it's about to jump out of my throat.

Akane talks while displaying the image on the monitor.

"I think Ranjo’s image at the moment lies in fragility. He is fragile, he can be white or black, but he is always in the middle gray, and that is hia image."

Thump, thump and pulse so hard that my heart aches.

“You can see it here. The image of the shooting location is of a school in space. You can see the universe outside the classroom, which is designed only in white.”

The design is different, but the theme and setting are exactly the same. In short, the roots of the project are being cracked.

This is a guy who can't win even if he makes a fuss about being cracked. At which point, no, I thought about the root of the project a long time ago.

It might have been when Akane was still around. Still, it's a crime, though of course, to take ideas from a project that was being worked on internally.

A school of spaceships floating in space, an image of spacesuits as uniforms, and extravehicular activities were all the ideas of Rieko and her team.

What made it worse was that the idea was the same only more luxurious and expensive. This is a gorgeous sample video that my company could never make. It would cost millions of dollars just to make this, Rieko could calculate immediately.

When she looked at Kasai beside her, he was just as pale as she was. Rieko reached out and squeezed Kasai's arm. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do that.

“I was totally unaware of that you were doing this to me. I'm really sorry!”

His expression was half-crying. Rieko didn't notice, there was no way her junior could have noticed. She put her mouth close to Kasai's ear and gave him quick instructions.

"Turn it over from the plan I was planning to put out for the next TPAPA-san. I know it doesn't fit the image, but I'll do something with Kuchihaccho. Just rewrite the name. I'll think about the content from now on."

“Are you serious? It's not the same thing at all.”

“I'll figure it out.”

Rieko said and glared at Akane. If you back off here, you'll be cracked and lose. I can’t forgive that.

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






No comments:

Post a Comment