Monday 28 February 2022

Stop Being Unnecessarily Happy and Eat Ice Cream With a Kotatsu Chapter 2

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next


Chapter 2 - Result


I stopped listening to Akane's presentation. Is it fun to do this? Even though it's fun to think about the roots. Oh, God, I'm so focused!

Rieko pounded her head with her fist. Kasai put his laptop on his lap and came face to face with it as he typed away.

“Are you okay? I think I can handle this one. I'm just changing my name.”

“That’s okay.”

Rieko opened the document she had prepared for the next TPAPA. When she tried to change the perspective for Ranjou, she found that it was too bright as it was. I wondered if there was anything I could add with the data I had lost so far. I looked through all the idea files that the directors had submitted.

There are a lot of interesting settings that I've killed off. It's just too dark or doesn't fit. I keep all of them in a separate file. I'm going to look at them and build a new one. But it's not easy to suddenly change something that you've been preparing for half a year. But I don't want to give up here.

Rieko took out her earplugs from her pen case and blocked out the sound. She shut herself up in her own world. The order was still to come. There were still more than thirty minutes left, so she could think.

On the way, Kasai transferred the data saying,"I changed the places that could be changed. I also checked the ideas that could be used later.”

I was glad that the presentation was done directly from the computer on a huge monitor. A while ago, I had to bring a paper printout. In that situation, this method would not have worked.

Looking at what Kasai had fixed, I worked out the final plan in my brain. I'll just use the pictures, and I'll use the settings from here, and add this and that. I can make it work, I can make it work.

Rieko chewed over the presentation over and over in her mind and made up her mind.

“Ooba-san from GG Productions will be next.”

“Yes!”

More than thirty minutes had passed while I was concentrating. But I managed to do it.

When I looked up, my eyes met Akane's, who was looking straight at Rieko from among the people. I thought she had a devilish expression on her face, but it was just a normal smile. 

It was the kind of face that really made me look forward to Rieko's presentation.In short, they don't feel bad about taking the root of the idea. Seriously? I was stunned.

At the same time, that fact completely set Rieko on fire. She stepped forward with her computer. Her feet were flustered and the sounds coming from her ears sounded distant. It's been a long time since I've been this nervous about a presentation, and I can hardly breathe. But, I connected the cable and exhaled. It's okay, I'll manage.

"I've enjoyed listening to all your wonderful presentations so far. But, Ranjou-san, are you satisfied with the image you've created so far?"

"Oh. I'm not sure what to say. I'm excited.”

The president, with whom he had worked several times, smiled happily. Beside the president Ranjou glanced at Rieko. Ranjou's age was unknown, but he was probably still in his early twenties. She had been away from school for a long time due to illness and had been composing music at home all her life.

After ten years of writing songs on the theme of being different from others, it became possible to publish them on the Internet, and at the same time a cure for the disease was developed.

At the same time a cure for the disease was developed. Ranjou, who had become a celebrity on the Internet by that time was cured of the disease, made him debut, and is now immensely popular among middle and high school students.

Because of the image of the disease, many of the promotional videos were about angels, demons, and death. In fact, Rieko and her friends had first thought of a human being standing alone in a school in space, the last survivor. We can't use that anymore. We have no choice but to use this story.

“It's a project to have Ranjou-san become a father."

"Hmmm?"

“The president loses interest in the word "daddy" as a common image. Rieko pressed the screen display button on the monitor. It's not just a dad. This world is set up so that there are people with water attributes and people with fire attributes, and two people who can never touch each other are married.”

"Wow. That's not normal. That's interesting. So?”

The president was interested in the picture displayed on the screen. As usual, Ranjou was motionless.

“I have a theory that people want to die when they try in vain to be happy. It's the same with marriage, the best form is different for each person. The best form of marriage is different from one person to another, and even if you are unhappy from the outside, you may be happy.  Then, wishing for 'happiness as per the template' makes people unhappy. That is the underlying theme. At first glance, these people are just an ordinary couple, but when they touch each other, they have a violent reaction and explode. This is a sample explosion made by CG, but it is not a normal explosion, but a cute one using pastel colors. When they touch each other, it explodes. So they decide to cook and understand each other."

They explode when they touch each other, but they realize that they can make delicious food by using each other's body. Then they live together, eating the same food, keeping their distance. When they eat, they keep their distance and bring the food to their mouths in a long spoon with a branch about a meter long.

And the two of them smile helplessly. I bring the food to the child's mouth. The child has both of these attributes, and the three of them can't touch each other. But even though they are separated, they are together, eating delicious food together, and are happy.

I'm happy because I'm not wasting my time trying to be happy.

This, the first half of the story with the fire and water attributes until the marriage was for a cookery researcher named TPAPA. TPAPA-san is writing a cookbook for children, and he asked me to present a picture book-like video to be enclosed with it!

Different attributes = different personalities, but let's play together, kids! This is the moral notion that I put in the book. But then I improvised and added darkness to it. It's no longer a matter of the basics being daddy.

Because he's a TPAPA. He's a real dad! I know that's not the same as Ranjou, but this was all I could do. Ranjou didn't move at all. That's right. I'm in my early twenties and I've never made a video in the image of my dad.

After finishing the presentation for now, Rieko returned to her seat. Kasai, sitting beside her, said excitedly.

“Rieko-san, you're a real god. It looked like a project I prepared for Ranjo-san!"

"Safe? I mean, thank you, I could use the part you added.”

When Rieko said that, Kasai gave a happy smile. We've been working together for four years, and there are many projects that would have been impossible without Kasai. To be honest, it's been a great help. My back was drenched in sweat, so I pulled my clothes over my chest to let the wind blow.

After everyone had finished their presentations, the president gave a summary. No decision is made here on which project to choose. Every time, we have to wait more than a week to get the result. In other words, I can rest until then. In other words, I can rest until then, or rather, I have to make up something with what I have since TPAPA's presentation is in three hours.

As expected, I can't present Space Angel to TPAPA-san. On the contrary, it would mean that you have taken something from Akane. I'm not sure what to do. The president, who was about to finish his summary was surprised and stopped talking. Ranjou-san opens his mouth.

“I'll take Ooba-san's. I want to be a dad. If I'm going to get married, I want it to be to someone who explodes when I get close."

Ranjou said, looking straight at Rieko. The people around him also looked at Rieko at once.

What?! Ranjou-san made a quick decision?

"That's right! If Ranjou says so, I think it's good. I also thought it was the most interesting of these."

The president happily patted Ranjou on the shoulder and clapped for Rieko. The people who had come to the presentation also applauded. The applause was getting louder and louder, and the tears in Kasai's eyes beside me made me feel it. I'm so happy, I've won!

I'm glad I got this presentation, it's huge. It's definitely the biggest deal of the year. The people from the other companies who gave the presentation were talking about it.

“As expected of Ooba-san, I thought I'd lost when I heard.”

“I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.”

“Papa for Rango-sanu? I didn't have the guts to do that.”

“The setting is alive.”

Rieko bowed her head to the voices around her, "Thank you very much."

To be honest, it was a project she definitely wanted, so the moment Akane cracked her up, the faces of the staff she had worked so hard with came to mind and she almost cried.

I won, I'm happy!

Along with the joy of being a winner, Rieko was just relieved.

Then I felt a piercing gaze on my back, and when I turned around, there was Akane. This is a great way to make sure you are getting the most out of your time with us.

Hey, why?  Rieko spontaneously started walking towards Akane. Then the president in front of her called out to her.

“Ooba-san, let me make an appointment for the next meeting.”

“Oh, yes!”

When she turned around and looked at Akane again, she was no longer there. Rieko squeezed the clothes on her chest.

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






No comments:

Post a Comment