Sunday 29 May 2022

I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 22

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next

I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 22 


TL note: Sorry for being gone for so long, I've had to deal with some family matters as a relative passed away during the holidays, and I needed to some time to get my feelings in order. I think this will be the last chapter for this series for now since the author deleted the work on Narou, and I'm not sure if he will decide to revive it one day or not, with that said, if you have any works you want to get translated please send suggestions in the comments, for now I'm considering a series similar to this one that currently has about 100+ chapters in the raws. for those wondering there's a discord and I update people there on my current situation from time to time so it might be good to consider joining. This is the link to the discord(it's pretty barebones): https://discord.gg/NVQzu5qvbR

Chapter 22: Composing Music



In order to compose a vocaloid song, I suggested Konoha to think about the lyrics. 



“Impossible.” 




So she said, but it seems she was interested so she kept glancing towards me. 




“Well let’s start by writing down the stuff that makes you uncomfortable in real life on a piece of paper. I’ll write my own afterwards as well, so if I find something good I’ll use it for the lyrics.” 




When I said so, her eyes shone for a moment. 



“I’ll do my best.” 



With that said, Konoha started thinking about it in the living room.


I left Konoha who was like that and went back to my room. 


I started tidying up my tools that I was using for the novel revision. 


And then taking out papers used for the copy machine, I placed a bunch of notebooks on the table. 



“Ok, let’s do this.” 



After creating an environment where I can work in, I started on my work. 


In the notebook was stuff I noted down about chord progression and composition. 


I’m still a newbie, so I slowly worked while taking a look at my notes. 


There isn’t a proper order to how I compose. 


I think about the general atmosphere of the song, and then just add in the lyrics, chords, and percussion. 


I don’t know if it’s right or not, but I don’t think there’s anything absolute about composition. 


Even if it sucks, or whatever people say about it, as long as I have fun making it, I believe fans would eventually just increase on their own. 



“I guess I’ll go with making the chords first.” 



Since this time I want to emphasize the lyrics, let’s start with thinking about the lyrics first. 


In order to that, let’s go with thinking up several patterns for the chords first. 


When the lyrics are done, we can just choose one from these that would best match them. 


Not even 30 minutes have passed and Konoha came over bringing the paper she was writing on. 



“It’s done”


“Can you stop kicking the door open every time!?” 


“Sorry, I did it out of habit.” 

“Out of habit you say… do you do this every time?” 


“When I enter papa’s room.” 


“Toushirou-san… “    



Now that you mention it, she did say that her equipment for her singing activities were in Toushirou-san’s room. 


So she always kicks the door open?


I wonder if Toushirou-san gets mad at that. 


I thought so at first, but Toushirou-san loves Konoha so much that he probably happily let her store her equipment there. 


I took the piece of paper, and read the itemized list. 



“I wrote them all down, but what should we do?”


“We’ll think of a story using this. Of course we can’t use everything and if we wrote it just like that it would feel too real, so we’ll make it half-real and half-made up, and we’ll end up with decent sounding lyrics.”


“Heeh-”


“What’s with that sigh?”


“No, I was just kinda moved, it was unexpected.”


“That’s rude!”


“Then I’ll choose something good from these.”


“It was something done to me, so referring to it as ‘good’ sounds kinda wrong.”


“Haruto should hurry up and continue.”


“Sure.”



Being told so, I continued my work.


I entered the chords and added the percussion to match it. 



“Ah,I like this one.” 



Since Konoha said that, I chose it. 



“This one?”


“Yeah, that one.” 


“I got it, then I’ll make the melody.” 



I decided on the percussion and the chords.


I can add the guitar later, if I do the melody first it should make stuff easier later. 


I started thinking of the melody. 



“How do you think up the melody?” 



Konoha asked me. 



“When do you think you can decide on one?”


“Right now?”


“It would be nice if a melody would come up immediately…” 



I answered with a really dark expression. 


A melody wouldn’t come up that easily. 



“I usually think about it while I hum.” 


“Funfun?”


“Yeah like that. A melody would just come up while I do that without thinking. In my case, stuff usually comes up when I’m cleaning or taking a bath.”


“Oooh, Interesting.” 


“That’s right, I also think up stuff during class, but during those times I usually end up forgetting them.”


“You don’t record them?” 


“I want to record it, but the pitch always sounds off, so I remember it using the percussion parts. I would think of several, and would always end up forgetting the first one.” 


“What’s with that?” 



Konoha giggled.


I feel like it’s been a while since I’ve seen Konoha laugh. 



“Is that something even I can do?”


“Of course, or rather wouldn’t Konoha be even better than me? You can even use your voice to sing like lalala.”


“Make a song with a melody I thought of one day.”


“Sure, I’m looking forward to it.”


“Then, I’ll go home.”


“Eh, already?”


“The time.”



Before I noticed it’s already 6pm. 


That was quick! 



“Then, I’ll see you next time.”


“Yeah, be careful on the way home.”


“Make the song.”


“For the time being, when I finish it, I’ll send it over.”


“I’m looking forward to it.” 



Sutatatata!


She ran like that home.


How do I say this, it’s like the way a little kid would run.



“She really doesn’t change.” 



After I saw her off, I went back to my room. 



ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー



“It’s done!” 



It’s been a week after that.


August ended and it became september. 


Finally, both the lyrics and the melody have been completed. 


I also kept receiving Lime messages from Konoha like hell. 


Of course I also kept doing the revisions on the novel. 


With this pace, I’ll start working on the chords too. 


From there I started getting faster. 


I got completely absorbed in it. 


I would input, revise, take a listen and revise again, the work on the novel was progressing well, and I even worked on my studies at school. 


When I noticed, another week passed. 


But now I’ve finally…!!



“It’s completed!!!” 



I screamed without thinking. 


It was an incredible sense of accomplishment. 


Even though Blue Elfin took 2 years to make, surprisingly this only took 2 weeks!


With just pouring my all into my hobbies, to think it would make time feel so short.


I made the vocals using the Vocaloid program, and then sent it to Konoha. 



[very good d('∀'*)]



Was the emoji I was sent. 


For the time being, it seems it’s to her taste. 


Fuu, that’s good. 



"Let’s also send this to Lumi-chan, and ask for a commission."



Is what I did.


After a few hours, a Lime message from konoha arrived. 



“I got an ok, and it seems like Lumi-chan also liked the song. 



That’s great!



“What should I do for the title?” 



It always ends with that huh…


In order to get people to click on the video without thinking too much, we really need a good title/


Did we have something short and everyone would remember easily?



“[A step forward]?”



Is something I just thought of.


How about [A step forward]? I think it suits a song about looking forward and continuing on.


I got the ok from Konoha.



[Then next is my turn. You can look forward to a week from now.]



A message like that came, and Konoha stopped sending messages afterwards. 


My job of composing is over. 


Well then, I should go back to my novel.


I’m looking forward to the end product. 



Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the chapter. I guess this is the end of this series. Thanks for the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need moorrreeeee. Seriously this series is very interesting. So please continue this. And thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete
  4. ughh i just wonder why the author delete this, but i just wanna tell u thank you for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete