Monday 6 June 2022

My Childhood Friend wants to hide my face for some reason Chapter 2

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next

Chapter 2 Dating a Childhood Friend


Have I ever been so nervous in my life?

I didn't feel much nervousness when I took the high school entrance exam, but I can feel my heart beating so fast that it feels like it's going to jump out of my body. It is as if I am not myself. Normally, I would have been concerned about the stares of those around me, but I didn't care about that at all. My mind is occupied with the person who will show up at the rendezvous point. I check my watch in the divider. The meeting time is 10:00 in front of the station. The time now is 9:30. If things went as usual, she should be here by now. “Haru-kun, sorry to keep you waiting.” I turned around as if drawn by the familiar voice. “Good morning, Kaori. You look so cute in your outfit today.” “Heh heh, thanks." Kaori is honestly happy when I compliment her on her outfit. Ah, she is cute after all. A simple white one-piece dress, cardigan, and a slightly oversized hat. It was perfect for Kaori, who has an image of being neat and tidy. "You're good looking, too, Haru-kun. You always look good. It's been a long time since you asked me out." "Thank you, Kaori. Speaking of which. I kind of feel like going out with Kaori." "I'm glad to hear that. Then let's go right away. We're kind of the center of attention." "Sure, let's go." I started to reach out my hand to Kaori as smoothly as possible. Then, without hesitation, she took my hand. We were indeed attracting a lot of attention from people around us, so we decided to leave early. But still, we were being watched. For a while, I was not able to concentrate on my date with Kaori because of the way they were looking at me. ーーーーーーーーーー I am very nervous now. Because it is a date with Haru-kun. If it's just a date, I'm not that nervous because I've been on many dates. What a surprise! Today is an invitation from Haru-kun! How many years has it been since Haru-kun asked me out? I am so happy. Perhaps yesterday's was effective. Up until now, I have tried many times to get him to make a move, but it hasn't worked out very well. This time, however, I have nothing but high expectations. But still, Haru-kun stands out from the crowd, doesn't he? When he goes out on a date, he dresses and wears his hair in a very stylish way, and all the women around him are admiring him. "Hey, isn't that guy good-looking?" “He's so hot!” “Let's talk to him.” “We can't do it.” Mmmm. I'd like to watch him more, but I think I'll join him before some strange insects come by. “Sorry to keep you waiting, Haru-kun.” At the sound of my voice, the man I love turns around. “Good morning, Kaori. You look so cute in your outfit today.” “Heh heh, thanks." He is always complimenting me. That makes me really happy. "You're good looking, too, Haru-kun. You always look good. It's been a long time since you asked me out." "Thank you, Kaori. Speaking of which. I kind of feel like going out with Kaori." "I'm glad to hear that. Then let's go right away. We're kind of the center of attention." "Sure, let's go." I laid my hand on the hand that was casually offered to me without hesitation. The best part is that it is done so casually. I can't give this person to anyone else. I have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't attract any strange bugs. ーーーーーーーーーー Today, we have come to see a movie that Kaori had wanted to see for a long time. It is a romantic movie that has become quite popular among the public. Two people promise to get married. However, tragedy strikes the bride and groom before their wedding day. The bride is found to be ill. The story depicts the way of life of a couple who have been told they have little time left to live. It is based on a novel that became popular many years ago. Although the setting is conventional, the music and the actors' performances seem to have been good, and it seems to have become popular. “Shall I buy you a drink then?” “Yes, and some popcorn!” "Yes, yes, is it okay with caramel?" “As expected of you, Haru-kun, you know what you're doing.” If there is a caramel flavor, Kaori usually chooses caramel. It's so easy to understand. We bought drinks and popcorn and headed to our seats. ーーーーーーーーーー "Well, that was pretty good, Haru-kun." "Yes, it was as good as I thought it would be." Well, it would have been better if it had been like the original story. One of the differences from the original work is that polygamy was allowed, so it became a basic rule to have many heroines in these movies. The death of the beloved woman. A man rising from despair to overcome it. It would have been better if things had stayed the same. But then… “Why do they keep bringing out different women?” “That's right.” After all, Kaori seems to have been caught up there too. No one would have thought that polygamy would be raging in such a place. "Well, it's a good time, let's get some food, shall we?" "Great, I want a parfait!" "Yes, there's a great parfait place, I think.” "Haru-kun, you're the best!" We headed to a nearby coffee shop in search of a delicious parfait. I had no idea at the time that I would meet someone I knew there.

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






2 comments:

  1. Summary of the movie:
    2 lovers, one has an illness and they're thinking about how to spend their time better together, other women apart of the harem join in, some more random women appear to join the harem, you stop to check the tags, it says polygamy, god damn it Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to see Haru.... 😔

    ReplyDelete