Friday 1 July 2022

The Heroine Has Her Eyes on Me as Her Brother's Wife - Chapter 18

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next


Noelier swept his mouth in disbelief. His red eyes darkened and sank. He didn’t want to believe it, but there was a possibility.

Noelier recalled a dream he had a few days ago.

He lay alone in the scorching flames.

No, he actually didn't even know if it was him.

It was both vivid and unfamiliar.

It felt like he was peeking into other people's memories.

He must have been seriously injured as he felt a great pain in his arm. He couldn’t lift a finger. The pain was so vivid it felt more like reality than a dream.

To make matters worse, his vision was blurry, or maybe his eyes were injured. Everything he could see was broken into pieces.

It was then when he fumbled and looked around.

He heard footsteps approaching him.

He faltered and stepped back. He wanted to say something, but his throat was hoarse, and only fragmented words came out.

“Do not come closer.”

He said with the last bit of strength.

It was a clear warning.

But the footsteps didn't stop.

He forced his arm out. He meant that he would attack if he approached. Only then did someone stop in front of him.

Then, they put their hand on his wound.

"........"

A great deal of cold rushed through his body. The heat surrounding him as if to melt everything disappeared in an instant.

"...Who are you?"

"........"

"...What’s your name?"

There was no answer.

He needs to find out the name, a name.

Finding relief from the cold, his body limped.

Blink blink.

His eyes closed.

“My name is…”

It was a soft tone.

A voice that seemed familiar and unfamiliar.

Just as he was about to listen a little more, he woke up in vain.

He was drenched in sweat. The cold he felt in his dream was gone.

Noelier thought that Eve had a solution to all of this.

So, he wore a mask called unsuitable kindness*

(TL/N: Kindness that didn’t match his demeanor, face, etc.)

At first, he tried to take his sister with him, but he didn’t. He didn’t want to ruin the atmosphere they had.

If his subordinates had heard of this idea, they would have probably flagged it.

Why would he, the chief of the South, and by extension, the head of the beast world, be considerate of others?

“.....For helping Rachel. She seemed to like Rachel, too,” Noelier muttered excusably.

It’s not like he fell in love with her at first or anything.

Those are intangible feelings that exist only in novels.

Noelier thought so.

“......”

So, it’s, it’s nothing.

“....It’s really nothing.”

His face turned red when he held her hand because it was the first time he held someone else’s hand.

"......"

So that’s all.

His face began to turn red.

It was a little different from the heat that filled his body. Noelier clenched his fist.

His protruding veins stood out on the back of his fair white hand.

Why am I like this?

Just as he was looking back at his scattered mind, he heard urgent footsteps. His eyes, which had become docile for thinking of Eve, became sharp again.

It was time to attack, wondering what sort of fearless wolf pup it was.

“...Rachel?”

In front of Noelier stood his sister.

As if she had run as hard as she could, her cheeks were flushed red.

“This ignorant….!”

“......?”

“Idiot! Dumb! Poop brain! Fire-breathing reptile!” Rachel gushed angrily.

Noelier was bewildered. He was quite shocked to hear his little sister, who was so young, suddenly uttered such outrageous remarks.

“Hoo. I think I’m going to live a little now. As expected, if you endure it, you’ll get sick.”

After exhaling once, Rachel said with a slightly softened face as if she was feeling refreshed.

“No, this is better. It would be too strange if you take her too suddenly. Because she is really scared.”

Rachel, who was mumbling, raised her head, and she met Noelier’s eyes.

“A man who cried prettily. There are a few more besides that.”

Then she suddenly began to say weird things.

“Sister likes handsome men.”

“....What?”

“And, she said she wants a surname. I don’t know what that means.”

“What are you saying….?”

“She wishes to have a lot of money.”

“Rachel.”

“And she wants to move to a warm place.”

Incomprehensible words poured out of her small mouth.

“You satisfy everything.”

“.....”

“I’ll help you.”

Noelier only blinked at the strange situation. Then, ‘Ugh!’ Rachel seemed frustrated and hit his chest.

“This man, it was straight forward!”

Rachel, who was huffing alone again, said, ‘You idiot!’. After screaming as hard as she could, she turned her back and ran into the woods.

Noelier, who suddenly mastered Eve’s ideal type, only blankly looked at his sister’s back.

“Oh.”

And soon after, he realized everything.

“.......”

His face flamed red.

He thought he hid it well.

However, for a long time, his little sister found out about everything.

His white large hand covered his mouth.

He felt so embarrassed he was about to go crazy.

“Ugh…”

As he was washing his face with his palm, he came down from the forest reflecting on what Rachel had told him.

 
***


04. Wolf

The morning sun pierced through the winter forest.

It was time to go out.

I checked the herbs I had prepared while getting ready to go out.

“Ugh….”

Rachel, having noticed the preparations for going out like a ghost, woke up, rubbing her eyes.

“Don’t get up, sleep more.”

“Hmm…”

Rachel shook her head and grabbed the hem of my dress. Rubbing her half-opened eyes was particularly lovely. I stroked Rachel’s head with a small smile.

“Sister, why are you leaving…?”

“Ah, I have a business to attend to for a while.”

“Are you going out to work again? Brother, no, he didn’t give you money?”

Money? He gave it. He gave me too much.

I recalled our meeting a few days ago.

Noelier said, ‘You have a dirty taste.’

I thought he would give a look full of contempt, but he was more blunt than I thought. No, rather, his face seemed to have gotten brighter.

“That’s what I said then.”

He said so and put down a heavy package. At the sound of my ears tingling, I looked at him with my mouth wide open.

"Oh, my God, what is this…”

I tried to hold back my eyes and said with a troubled face.

"This is too much.”

"Is that so? I think it's too little. I can give you more if you want."

Really? Then can you give me more?

These words reached the end of my throat.

What can I do but become a slave to capitalism when life is hard?

I’m just a wolf faithful to my instincts. Of course, I refused at first.

Because there’s nothing cool about revealing a covetous look on money. External image management had to be done. Usually, in the world of give and take, refusing three times was the norm.

In fact, Noelier could say, ‘If you don’t like it that much, there’s nothing I can do about it. I’ll take the money back.’

It was something he could say but it was unlikely.

"Let me know if you need more."

Noelier said so and showed a beautiful smile.

Hyuk.

It was the first bright smile I had ever seen. I felt like my heart was going to stop, so I unknowingly brought my hand to my chest.

‘Your smile looks more expensive. Can I buy it with this money? How much does it cost?’

It seemed like I was going to say something cheesy without realizing it. His beauty was that powerful.

No, but ‘if you want’. Then, what if I tell you a huge amount?

‘Because there’s a little bit of naivety.’

I remembered the time when we held hands.

When I thought of him who had the tips of his ears dyed in red, my wolf instincts tried to come back to life.

‘Shy types are just my style.’

I covered my taste buds.

Anyway, I got the money.

‘Money is the best!’

I thought I could buy a castle (not the castle) if I saved a little more.*

(TL/N: The castle in this part refers to a surname. She wants to purchase a surname.)

My foolish past!

Farewell!

‘Now is the end of selling medicinal herbs.’

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






No comments:

Post a Comment