Friday 1 July 2022

The Heroine Has Her Eyes on Me as Her Brother's Wife - Chapter 19

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next


I checked the herbs in the basket. It contained medicinal herbs requested by regular customers.

Rachel glanced at the basket.

I patted Rachel’s soft cheek and said, “Your brother gave me a lot of money. Well, Sister is going to see a friend for a while.”

“Friend?”

Rachel’s eyes grew round at my words.

Well, it wasn’t a lie at all.

Because they were people I met almost every day and talked to each other.

“Yes, I’m just going to talk for a while.”

“Umm…”

Rachel didn’t seem to like something.

As if she was still half asleep, I pressed Rachel’s wrinkled forehead and straightened it.

“Sister will be back. Have a good time with Zion.”

I left the cottage with my mask on.

“Bye…”

At the end of Rachel’s voice, which had sank, the door closed.

Great.

Last day of business, let’s do this!

I came down the forest with courageous steps.

 
***


Rachel stared at the closed door.

"······."

She definitely remembers her brother giving a lot of money.
Her older sister's face was still clear, as she had smiled.

‘Was that not enough? Why is there no response? Her business is still ongoing.’

Rachel, who was sitting quietly on the bed, turned to the corner of the cottage.

It was where Eve hid the money.

Utcha, Rachel, who got out of bed, approached the package of money.

‘.....Did you think this would cover it up?’

All she did was put a cloth over the bundle of money.

Rachel rolled up the cloth, thinking of the innocent Eve.

At first glance, the bundle of money looked heavy.

‘Are you sure this isn’t enough?’

Rachel admired Eve’s staggering one-shot life plan.

‘Look at her ambition. That’s my sister in law.’

As it turns out, there was no such thing as permanent satisfaction. In that respect, Eve’s greed was quite reasonable.

Rachel smiled proudly and placed the cloth back on top of the bundle of money again. The amount was not enough to satisfy her sister in law, but this seemed to appeal to her brother’s financial wealth.

‘Now, there are three left.’

Face, last name, a warm place.

Rachel remembered Eve’s ideal type and smiled proudly.

However, something was strange. An unknown uneasiness came over from a corner of her heart.

‘Why?’

Rachel frowned and remembered Eve’s words.

Her sister had said that she was going to see her friend.

Friend.

In Rachel’s eyes, Eve seemed to have more ‘guests’ than friends.

Besides, she always hides her face, and what kind of friend is this friend…?

‘No, wait.’

Suddenly, she had an ominous feeling.

Surely that friend didn’t mean boyfriend, right?

That’s why you went out even with this huge amount of money!

Rachel’s face was tinged with shock.

“I can’t,” Rachel muttered a little and got up.

If her imagination was true, something had to be done.

Rachel had just grabbed the doorknob of the cottage.

"......."

The gaze she felt was unusual.

Rachel turned her head slowly.

As expected.

"...Ruby, where are you going?"

Zion, as if he had just woken up, was rubbing his eyes.

She was going to go quickly before Zion woke up. Rachel frowned a little.

“I have a place to go to for a while.”

“Where?”

“Uh, there’s this place.”

“I want to go, too.”

“........”

At Zion’s persistence, Rachel bit her lips tightly.

This was why she was going to go before he woke up.

Eve hated Zion and Rachel going out. It was because it was too dangerous outside. But it was Zion, not Rachel, who was in danger.

It was enough to attack everything that rushed in with fire.

‘How do I say it?’

Rachel narrowed her brows slightly.

Zion was pure, yet too innocent.

Moreover, he was full of curiosity.

It was not even possible to know how much anger will be incurred if she brings this bright soul.

‘But if I leave him behind, he’ll definitely come after me. He could get lost.’

Then maybe Sister will be horribly devastated.

Then things will get bigger.

Yes.

There was only one conclusion.

Rachel sighed loudly. She said, “You should stick by my side instead.”

“Yes!”

“The sound is low.”

“Yes!”

Hearing his courageous answer, Rachel grinned.

All right, let’s go find my sister in law!

The brave steps of the two children embroidered the winter forest.

 
***


"V!”

“Hi.”

A man waved his hand to say hello. He was a regular customer who requested medicinal herbs.

I fixed the mask as if I was roughly responding.

He was one of my few regulars.

What was it?

I think he said he sold ice cream.

Anyway, he used to do business somewhere outside of the North.

Merchants could often pick up a lot of information about the Empire considering the distance traveled. He would often tell me interesting stories. For example, meat eating is popular among rabbits in the East, and tigers in the West are vegans for health purposes. It was truly an amazing food chain.

“Did you get what I was saying back then? I thought I was dying from waiting.”

The merchant approached with a trembling spirit.

“Yeah, I managed to get it,” I said and held out my basket.

“Today is the last day of business, so I have a lot in particular. You know this is cheap, right?”

“What? Last day?”

The merchant widened his eyes in surprise.

I shrugged and shook the basket I had once more.

“What? Are you not going to buy it?”

“No, what’s the rush? It’s the last one. Can’t you get rid of your anger? Is that all we’ve got?”

“Yes, that’s all,” I replied firmly. “More than that, did you get the information?”

“Ah, that’s right. Human smugglers, right?”

I nodded silently.

Then the merchant said with an embarrassed face. “V. You know it, right? We had recently changed the Chief of the North.”

“Uh…it has been a while, hasn’t it? But what about the Chief?”

“The Chief ordered to strengthen the crackdowns. Several smugglers were caught.”

“What?”

It was like a bolt from the blue sky.

Why are the crackdowns tightened around this time?

"Anyway, it's going to be difficult for a while." The merchant patted me on the shoulder.

"You have plenty of time anyway, don't you? Let's wait a little longer."

‘It's because I don't have time!’

With a wrinkled face, I pulled out the shoulder caught by the merchant.

He grumbled, saying that I was somehow harsh with my attitude.

“That’s right, V. Shall I give you something nice? As a farewell gift.”

The merchant, who paid with money instead of information, suddenly turned to me.

“If you’re going to say something weird, go. I’m very upset right now.”

“I’m trying to comfort you?”

The merchant smirked and rummaged through his clothes.

What he took out was three herbs with blue-tinted tips.

“What’s this?”

“Rare herbs that can’t be obtained in the North. By the way, it’s crazy because you can’t find it in the West.”

“....I don’t think it’s medicine.”

“It’s similar.”

“Crazy.”

I clenched my jaw and waved my hand to signify that it was done.

“Oh, what a man this guy is. He’s colder than he looks!”

He got giddy again and forcibly stuffed the herbs in my basket. I narrowed my brows.

The merchant spoke with a proud smile.

“Try it later. You will taste the new world.”

“The new world will freeze to death….”

“Then freeze to death in the North, or die of fire?”

I thought silently of Noelier and Rachel.

‘I could die of fire, if the siblings were here…’

I waved my hands to get rid of the bloody thoughts.

“Go quickly.”

“Thank you for everything. Have a good time!”

He waved his hand away from me. The smiling face was so absurd.

‘A crackdown!’

If you don’t usually do it, why do it all?

After tearing my hair for a while, I let out a deep sigh. One way or another, no matter how much I struggled with pain, there was no immediate solution.

‘Let’s go back.’

I moved slowly with my shoulders drooping helplessly.

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






No comments:

Post a Comment