Saturday 13 August 2022

A Man Who Cooks For Himself And A High School Girl (WN) || Chapter 39

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



39th Meal

High School Girl and Frustration(?)



“Mahiru~ Let’s go~!”

“Ah, Aki-chan.”




As Mahiru and I finished talking, her friend Akahane-san waved to us from a little distance away.




“Akabane-san is also going to compete in the inter-grade relay?”

“Yes! Aki is the starter!”

“Hee~? Then, both of you do your best. Aoba and I will be right here cheering you on.”

“Thank you very much! Then, I’m off!”

“Oh~!”




Mahiru then runs as she cheerfully said so…Is it safe to use so much energy before the competition? No, her vitality is nothing compared to a half-dead college student like me.


As I watched the high school girls joining Akabane-san and Fuyushima-san, who had probably come to offer words of encouragement, feeling somewhat old, when suddenly I was tapped behind my shoulder. (Tired: I feel u dude.)




“Why are you pervertly looking at those soft-skinned young girls, Yuu?”

“I'm not doing that, you idiot.”




I sigh towards Aoba Aoi who is standing there without having to turn around. It appears that her photo time with the high school girls is over.




“Did you tell Mahiru what you thought of the Onigiri?”

“...Well, just so-so.”

“‘It was delicious. More than any other food I've had until today,’ was it?”

“You were listening!?”




Then why the hell did you ask!? Well, it’s not that there was anything wrong with someone asking me, but I felt a strange, embarrassing sensation of blood rising to my cheeks. Then, my friend, who has a bad character, said to me with a smirk.




“Well, as expected of ‘Onii-san.’ To ‘It’s delicious’ from ‘The salt is too much.’ Criticizing then praising her. Sweetly whispering to her like that, Mahiru-chan would definitely fall in love with you.”

“You're so noisy! When did I sweetly whisper to someone!?”

“I really wish you'd direct even a tenth of that kindness toward me. I'm a lot more tender than you think. If Yuu whispers to me sweetly even a little, I would say, 'Sorry, I think I will stay friends with Yuu.’”

“Don’t worry, that day will never come!”



I've been rejected without a second thought. No, it doesn't hurt that I was rejected by Aoba, but it makes me angry. Especially when she says it in an admonishing way with a subtle troubled eyebrow.



“But,” Aoba smiled at me in a lighthearted tone and said so, As I was twitching with embarrassment and frustration.




“I'm so glad you did. If those girls hadn't told us, we wouldn't have known about Mahiru-chan's Bento, would we?”

“...That’s right.”




She’s really right.







Meanwhile, Mahiru and Aki were waiting for their turn at the entrance gate set up at the side of the grounds for the competition participants.


As the athletes around them glanced at the two who were ranked first and second in terms of male popularity in the first-year class, Mahiru repeated a grueling stretching motion.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




“You’re really into it, Mahiru~?”

“Un! That’s because Onii-san’s watching me! I don't want him to come all the way here and not be able to show him my good side!”

“Ahahaha~! Then I can’t slack off either~!”




Since the competition was a team competition between classes, victory would not be achieved even if Mahiru did her best alone. Therefore, if she wanted to show the college student that she was good, Aki, who was also a class representative and the first batter, had a big responsibility.





“Ah…S-Sorry! I didn’t mean to tell you to work hard for me…!”

“I know~ Don't worry, I'm not going to cut corners from the start because I'm going to be representing the team~”



Aki turned her attention to her “Onii-san,” who was standing a little behind the general spectator seats.



“...I thought that Mahiru had a bad taste~”

“W-W-Why are you suddenly bad-mouthing me!?”

“That’s because~YouI've known a good-looking guy like Aoba-san~ but it's just weird that you'd rather be with that older guy~”




But then her friend, the girl, returns her gaze to Mahiru, smiles softly, and continues,




“But~ I think I might have figured it out a little bit. I think I understand why Mahiru is so attracted to him.”





—The salt is too much.

—But it was delicious. It was better than any other food I've had until today.



“…I like people who don't lie and tell the truth~ It's nice to have someone who doesn't lie down and talks straight to you~”

“E-Ehehe…I-Is that so?”



“Un~” Aki nodded with a smile at Mahiru, who beamed happily at Yuu's compliment.




“So if Mahiru is going to keep on dawdling…I might get one of these days...you know, an Onii-san?”

“...!? A-Aki-chan!? Y-Y-You’re kidding right!?”

“Maybe~ But it's nice, isn't it, being a college student is like being an adult in its own right~”

“E-Ehhh!? A-Are you serious or not!? Which one is it Aki-chan!?”

“Who knows~”

“Don’t be mean to me, Aki-chan!”




Mahiru, whose eyes were half teary-eyed, shook her shoulders, but the girl who was her friend just laughed with an easy-going expression that couldn’t be read if she was telling the truth or not.


In the end, Aki did not speak up until the end, and Mahiru was left with an indescribable sense of anxiety and frustration while going into the relay.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations



Self Cater Vol 1 illustrations:


https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/2022/07/self-cater-ln-vol-1-illustrations.html

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






2 comments:

  1. "I've been rejected without a second thought. No, it doesn't hurt that I was rejected by Aoba, but it makes me angry. Especially when he says it in an admonishing way with a subtle troubled eyebrow."
    He says? Translator-san, you are taking the joke too far.

    ReplyDelete