Sunday 21 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 4

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 - Chapter 1 The World of The Game Part 4





Tired: I’m changing [Body Enhancement] to [Body Strengthening] and [Magic Power] to [Mana]





— —





It's been a month since I started my magic training. Perhaps it was because of the effort I put into [Body Strengthening] that I was able to handle it quite stably. As expected, the limit is double the level of enhancement, but I can see room for growth in the future. But I shouldn't be satisfied with this and should continue to work hard.




Magic training in the courtyard became my daily routine in addition to our daily walks. Now that I've stabilized the control of my [Body Strengthening], it's time to practice a new technique.




Since close combat is no problem with [Body Strengthening], the next step is for me to learn long-range attacks and defense.





However, in order to master these, I will need to conduct some preliminary research. Non-attributes can only deal with substanceless magic, so they can't be used for attack or defense unless I do something creative with them.




That’s why I have devised countermeasures by today. Let's check them out one by one.






“For now, let's start with the basics.”






I raise my right hand to my chest and use my mana. I then [Design] a fist-sized sphere to float in the palm of my hand.




The process up to [Release] was completed successfully, and a blue-white magical sphere appeared. It floats in the air like a fluffy balloon.




At first glance, the magic sphere seems to have substance, but it is merely energy. If I stick my finger into it, it will penetrate without any resistance.




If it's another attribute, I can give it one and give it substance. For instance, fire for [Fire Ball], water for [Water Ball], and so forth.




Since I was able to handle the basics without any problems, I decided to stop using the magic sphere and move on to a full-scale experiment.




After all, even light and heat have the power to interfere with reality. If this is the case, then there is a possibility that Mana could also be used. I assumed that its ability to interfere was extremely low in comparison to others, but if I converged it, I might be able to do something about it.




Well, since this was probably based on wishful thinking, the probability of success was not as high as in the case of [Body Strengthening]. It was just an experiment that I hoped would be successful.






“Perhaps I should start with twice as much..”






The same sphere was created as before. Unlike the previous experiment, the amount of Mana I injected was doubled.




The sphere was completed without incident, and then I threw it to the ground nearby. The sphere that fell down dissipated the moment it touched the ground.






“It’s a failure, huh…”






It appears that even doubling the amount did not result in materialization.




It's only natural. If I had succeeded at this level, someone else would have done so by now. This inevitably leads to the conclusion that the amount of Mana that cannot be prepared by ordinary people is necessary.




…Am I stupid for noticing this only after starting the experiment? I’m an idiot, aren’t I?




After identifying the fatal flaw, I decided to call it quits on the experiment. I will resume the experiment of materializing Mana after increasing the amount of it.




Fortunately, at the age of three, I have the same amount of Mana as an average magician. Even now, I still continuously train to increase it, so if all goes well, I will be number one in the country in a year's time—But I’m still no match with the Max-level Protagonist, Final boss, and hidden bosses—





After regaining my composure, I moved on to the second experiment.




This time, I was more confident than materializing my Mana. Because it's an experiment that makes use of my knowledge from the game, a trump card.




This is an experiment about Mind Magic*.





(Tired: 精神魔法 - Seishin mahō - Still not sure about this one cause 精神 has other meanings like spirit, so I might change it depending on how the story goes later.)





Originally, there is no classification of Mind Magic in this world. However, there was a statement in the game implying this.




In fact, magic in this world depends on the imagination, or mind, of the magician. If this is the case, paradoxically, it may be possible to interfere with the mind through magic. Such a hypothesis was raised at a state-run research facility.




Well, it’s not certain that this is true, as people started making whispering about it at the end of the game. However, I believe it is worthwhile to experiment with.




It would be bad if it was known that I intercepted national research, but since it is something that “May be done in the future,” it should be no problem…Well, I'm sure it will be fine.




As one would expect, it was not possible to use Mind Magic on humans out of the blue, so I began experimenting on animals first. Thanks to [Body Strengthening], it was easy to capture animals in the wild. It was also fortuitous that he had acquired the covert skills needed to sneak out of the mansion.




I captured three wild rabbits. They are not ferocious and are still munching on the grass in the courtyard.




I said I would use Mind Magic, but what kind of effect should it be? It would be difficult to make it too complicated, and it would be better to induce a primitive emotion. Then, an outburst of anger might be good.




Having decided on a plan, I begin working on Mind Magic with [Design].




Considering that no one has succeeded so far, I think it's safe to assume that Mind Magic also requires scientific knowledge. Then, it would be better to stimulate the part of the brain that controls emotions.






“Let's see….I believe it was the Amygdala?”





(Tired: Amygdala is the integrative center for emotions, emotional behavior, and motivation. Thanks gogle.)





I squeezed out the small knowledge and imagine stimulating the center of my brain. I also recalled the feeling of anger and incorporated it into [Design].




Finally, I invoke Mind magic—or more precisely, Mind Mana—




(Tired: Yeah, this doesn’t sound right…drop it in the comment section or mention me on our discord server if you have a better name for this. Raws: 精神魔力)






“ [Fury]. ”






With the exact phrase, the Mana emitted from me attached itself to the head of one of the rabbits.




The rabbit was restless at first because it sensed the Mana clinging to it, but its behavior gradually changed. It made a growling sound and moved its ears impatiently. Then it started clomping its hind legs.




Clearly, the rabbit was angry. It could not have been more furious.




The other two rabbits who had not been hit by the spell remained the same, so they were not angry for any other reason. Mind Mana has been a huge success!






“ [Calm]. ”






Imagining the feeling of calming down, I reapply the magic to the enraged rabbit. Then, it became quiet, as if its behavior until a moment ago was a lie. Without a doubt, the magic was working.




I was speechless. Could this be the greatest discovery of the century?




However, along with the joy of the magical success, fear also welled up in my heart.




After all, even if they were animals, I manipulated their minds. For the time being, I could only control emotions, but I had a feeling I could manipulate anything in the future. It would truly be the Magic that fiddle’s with people's minds.




This may be the magic that should only be known by me.




I naturally thought so. The appearance of Mind Magic in the world would surely cause a lot of confusion and chaos.




As the game suggested the possibility, it will soon be known to the world. But that was no reason for me to spread the word. Should I, the discoverer, consider a countermeasure to avoid causing unnecessary chaos?




I was pleased to have pioneered new magic but calmly thought about the future development of magic.




Well, it will be the end of the game when the topic of Mind Magic comes up. It will be more than ten years from now. If research proceeds from there, it will be quite some time in the future before it’s put to practical use. I should be patient in preparing countermeasures.





—If so, I am going to use Mind Magic as much as I can, although I have been driven by an unexpected fear. It can be dangerous if used incorrectly, but it can also be a weapon if used correctly.




Of course, I don't intend to use it haphazardly, but there's no reason to keep such a valuable weapon.




If anything, I need to deepen my knowledge of Mind Magic. This magic—which will be unique to me—will be one of my trump cards.





“Then, time for the next experiment.”






I felt the possibility of Mind Magic and continued to experiment on the animals with great enthusiasm.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!




Please support me on Ko-fi!




https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






○●○●○●○●






It has been six months since I pioneered Mind Magic. The results of the daily special training have been paying off well.




My amount of mana has swelled to five times what it used to be, and [Body Strengthening] has reached three times the strength. Looking at the specs alone, I think I could win an overwhelming victory against ordinary soldiers. However, I do not have any actual battle experience, so I can’t say I’m absolutely safe.




Progress on the Mind Magic research side is also good. I have established non-emotional manipulation, and now working on controlling it myself as the subject. Emotions like, [Elevation], [Calm], [Analgesia], and so on. I believe this is what they call “Enhancement Buffs” in the game.




The more research I do, the more the substandard nature of Mind Magic comes to light.




First and foremost, the Mana efficiency is overwhelmingly good. Magic and Mind appear to go hand in hand, and a small amount of Mana can have a huge impact. I can probably fire hundreds of shots with the amount of Mana I now have.




Secondly, as I had previously predicted, there are no limits to this magic when it comes to the mind. I understood that feelings, thoughts, perceptions, and everything else can be manipulated. I realized that I should strictly forbid speaking of this magic to others and that I should handle it with caution.




However, it’s not like it doesn’t have any limitations. Recently, I taught my younger sister, Caron, who had begun learning magic from me, some self-enhancing Mind Magic under strict orders not to tell anyone, but she was unable to activate some of the spells. Specifically, she was able to use [Elevation], but not [Calm]. There were some that could be used and some that couldn't.




Perhaps, it can be inferred that there are individual aptitudes in Mind Magicas well. Caron’s Fire and Light, so it seems to have an aptitude for the type of magic that lifts one's spirits, but not for the kind that calms one's mood.




This was unexpected. After all, I had no such experience. It’s a hypothesis, but the non-attribute may be able to handle Mind Magic in its entirety. Can I say that we have an aptitude for Mind Magic magic in general?




This factor is probably the reason for the delay in the discovery of spiritual magic. Its Non-attributes are rare in absolute numbers and are also oppressed. There’s no way they are working in a state-run research facility. Unless I leaked the information, the development of psychic magic was sure to be considerably delayed. As someone who had no countermeasures in sight, it was a happy miscalculation.




Then like that, the results of magic for the past half year were excellent.




However, it’s not all smooth sailing. As I mentioned briefly earlier, even Caron started training in magic. “Is magic more important than Caron!?” If someone says that to me, then I had no way of dealing with that. I had to teach her magic as well, just to keep her in a good mood.




I had thought it would be better to wait until she was a little older, but now that it's come to this, there's nothing I can do. I had always intended to make her strong enough to protect herself, so I will make the most of the knowledge I have to make her stronger.




So, under my guidance, Caron is learning magic as well. Unlike me, her magical ability is appropriate for her age, so I only teach her beginner-level Fire Magic and [Elevation] Mind Magic.




Why don't I teach her Light Magic you say?




Actually, Caron cannot handle Light Magic at this time. This is because it has different activation conditions than other types of magic.




The absolute number of Light-attribute Magicians is as low as Non-attribute ones. This is partly due to the scarcity of those with the aptitude, but also because there are many who cannot activate it even if they have the aptitude. It’s so rare that it’s called the Magic of Saints.




The key condition for activation is said to be, “Having a heart that cares for others.” It's an ambiguous expression, but it hasn't been confirmed outside of folklore. There’s no way to demonstrate a heart with compassion.




Incidentally, in the game, there were only two Light-attribute Magicians, including the protagonist. Of course, this does not include Caron, who was a villainess.




In the game, Caron had the aptitude but was unable to activate it, but I believe she will be able to handle it in this reality.




Because her character is different in the game and in reality. Now she’s a kind-hearted child who loves plants and animals and cares for the servants. It seems that she more than satisfies the conditions for the use of Light Magic. I am looking forward to the time when she will be able to live up to her nickname, “Saintess of Sunlight,” which has fallen by the wayside.




However, I can't be all that happy. As mentioned above, Light-attribute Magicians are extremely rare. If it’s known that you can handle Light Magic, there is a high possibility that you will be targeted by various forces. The protagonist of the game was also kidnapped and enslaved in the bad end.




I cannot let that happen to my beloved Caron. So in order to resolutely prevent it, I needed to build a defense network for the near future.




Well, I have an idea of what to do in that area, and I will start preparing for it soon. With my forces in place, it may be time to move in earnest.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Please support me on Ko-fi!




https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






8 comments:

  1. If Caron is a cute little sister, why is "him/his" being used instead of "her".

    (So, under my guidance, Caron is learning magic as well. Unlike me, "his" magical ability is appropriate for his age, so I only teach "him" beginner-level Fire Magic and [Elevation] Mind Magic.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 精神 is more like mentality, or spirit in the sense of our inner drive and motivation, not ghosts or supernatural phenomena. Ya lost me on 精神魔力 I think it'd be the most convenient to just keep it as mind mana. It'd probably end up causing more confusions down the line otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are several types of magic that are included in non-attribute magic beside mind control, for example, illusion magic, transformation magic, space magic, time magic, poison magic, buff and debuff magic, puppet magic (like kankuro from naruto), stealth magic etc. there are so many of them, and MC would so OP if he mastered them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the MC could technically create charm magic too right? Maybe try it once on his sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I ge suspension of disbelief is a thing but like, if a 3 year old toddler is capable of taking down a soldier and has huge reserves of mana, either everyone else are idiots that do nothing all day or they're all terryfying monsters that can throw spells capable of wiping out entire cities left and right... yeah.
    Maybe, just maybe, if the mc was like 9-13yo I could buy it, but a 3yo?? Really?
    Also how is the sister already learning, it makes sense for the mc since he's a reincarnator, but a normal 2yo can barely tell left from right.

    ReplyDelete