Saturday 20 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 3

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 - Chapter 1 The World of The Game Part 3


After our routine walk, I moved to the courtyard for magic training. Because there was nothing nearby, there would be little damage if something went wrong.


Caron begged to go with me, but I declined this time. After deciding to start training, I put a lot of effort into researching non-attributes and finally came up with a prospect that seemed to work in theory. But there was no guarantee that it would be successful in execution. I couldn't let my sister go along with such a dangerous experiment.


To be honest, when she looked up at me teary-eyed like a lost puppy, I almost changed my mind, but I managed to endure it. To think that thing was a kind of weapon…


Anyway, there are no obstacles around me, so I think I can get started. There’s one maid, who has recently become a chaperone, waiting nearby, but as far as I was concerned, that’s no problem. I could use her as a scapegoat in worst-case scenarios. (Tired: Woah MC got no mercy about betraying someone.)



Finally, I can use magic for the first time. Since it is not possible to [Create], it falls outside the definition of magic, but that is just a matter of mood. Based on my knowledge of my previous life, the use of magic power is also magic enough. This is making me excited.


What I was about to perform was the [Body Enhancement] technique. As the name suggests, [Body Enhancement] is a technique that improves physical abilities. It’s one of the few techniques that can be used by all attributes.


As a matter of fact, [Body Enhancement] is not something that is generally used. It can be used as insurance in case of emergency, but it’s not so easy to use that it can be activated all the time.


If the output is misjudged, it has the disadvantage of causing self-inflicted injuries. The commonly known reason for this is that the body cannot keep up with the load of the magic power.


However, I would like to challenge this theory. I speculated that self-injury caused by the overflow of [Body Enhancement] was caused by another factor.


That factor’s that the [Body Enhancement] specifications are too general. Because the [Design] is based on vague imaginations, such as “I want to enhance my arm strength” or “I want to enhance eyesight,” the slightest increase in power output can cause damage.


There are grounds for proposing this hypothesis. Of course, it’s game knowledge.


The protagonist of the game was also dealing with [Body Enhancement], but for some reason, the amount of effect was higher than the other characters. The protagonist also discussed this and mentioned, “It might be a difference in the amount of knowledge.”


In fact, the protagonist of Isamu Sei-ki is a reincarnated person, although this is not so much a secret. If they had knowledge of their previous life, they would have a more detailed understanding of their physical structure, and in fact, there were descriptions of them utilizing this knowledge in their light magic, [Heal].


(Tired: The author said it’s an Otome game but I’m going to keep using neutral pronouns until I confirmed that the protagonist is a girl.)


From this perspective, the protagonist seemed to think that the effect of [Body Enhancement] was also influenced by knowledge from their previous life.


I agree with that opinion. Magic—including non-attribute magic—is a power that depends on the imagination of the magician. If their imagination is not good enough, magic will fail, no matter how high their other abilities are. That’s why the importance of imagery is so well taught, to the extent that magical training is now mainstreamed by sightseeing and practice.


Knowledge complements imagery. For example, the accuracy of an image of a magic spell to start a fire may vary depending on whether or not one knows the principle of ignition.


Going back to the story, we can infer that the cause of self-injury with [Body Enhancement] is most likely due to a lack of imagination.


The benefits of being able to fully handle [Body Enhancement] are immeasurable. Although this is only a preliminary calculation, when enhanced to its limit, it can be expected to be ten times more powerful than its original ability. If my estimation is correct, I should be able to gain a significant advantage in magical battles as well.


That’s why I wanted to make this [Body Enhancement] experiment a success by any means necessary. Depending on the outcome of this experiment, my future plans would change drastically.




“Phew~”




—I took a deep breath.


“Your Imagination is important when it comes to magic.” In other words, mental state is directly related to the effectiveness of magic, and breathing deeply was widely recognized as a means of stabilizing magic.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I have enough magic power inside my body. In fact, through meditation and other training that I began immediately after my birth, I now have ten times the amount of magic power as my peers—I’m basically at the level of an average magician. There’s no way I would be lacking.


If so, the only thing that can go wrong is if I made a careless mistake. That’s why I just need to stay calm and let the magic power flow.


I’m already done with [Absorb] and [Conversion]. Since there was no need to continue with [Release], all I need to do was to [Design].


What came to my mind was an image of the human body that I had seen in my previous life. The skeleton of the entire body, each muscle fiber, and each internal organ. I tried to visualize the body in as much detail as possible.


After a full 30 minutes of [Design], I finally activated [Body Enhancement].


Then, the result was—




“...It’s a success!”




With sweat pouring down my forehead, I let out a breath of exclamation.




“I could really activate it by just image, huh…?”




What I enhanced this time was purely physical ability. I don't have the guts to strengthen the five senses in my first attempt because the risk of failure is too great.


Maybe I'll be fine. Unlike my intention, if my five senses were also enhanced, my sense of balance would be disturbed because of my muttering just now.




“First, let’s bend over.” (Tired: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )




I then bend my knee while checking my movement.



“Aren’t you being too careful even though you have gone to the trouble using [Body Enhancement]?” is what someone might probably think if they saw me, but I’m doing this because my life is at stake.


The degree of my enhancement right now is doubled. Since the general strength is from three, this was still a very forced activation. To be honest, I am still struggling to control my magical power. If I fail to control it even a little, I could die.


So I have to bend over first. Letting my body move little by little at the time.


I slowly bent my knees and press my hand to the ground


Doing so, I could feel my hand sinking to the ground. It seems that even a child's physical strength, when doubled, can produce quite a bit of destructive power.




“I need to learn how to control the [Body Enhancement], but I also need to do the same to the force during the activation, haa…”




I muttered as I sigh.


So far, the experiment has been a success, and I would say that my growth plan is off to a good start. However, the road ahead was not easy, because it seems to me that it will take me a long time to get it under control.


Even so, As long as my sister’s life is in my hand, I can’t give up.


I thought so while holding back my urge to whine, and went on with further training.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






8 comments:

  1. The suspension of disbelief is strong on this one.
    The mc is supposed to be 3 years old yet he already has the same amount of magic as an average magician? Ok lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many novel stated that baby is more prone to develope magic greatly than an adult
      When you aged more, your magic power / MP / mana would go down in development
      Do you know "Mushoku Tensei"?

      Delete
    2. wait, do you give a "scientific" or "real" character to ... magic in novels?

      and someone else answers you?

      I mean... it's called fiction, isn't it? is that for a reason?

      Delete
  2. Well he did train since he was a baby so his mana should be high

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this author made mc smart and thinks things first and advances with baby steps first. Enhancing the body with magic. I would guess a mistake could cause a vein to burst and kill mc. Reckless or more dangerous experiments should be out on hold until he can get a dependable healer

    ReplyDelete
  4. The magic system is interesting. It's logical and has good foundation.

    ReplyDelete