Wednesday 31 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 15

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 3 Adopted Child Part 2



Regular Chapter


— — —



Orca Falgata y Nan Byakudai. He’s the youngest son of the Byakudai Baron Family and was one of the capture targets of the Saint (the protagonist) in the game.


His family was a race of beastmen—a so-called beast ear and beast tail race, and they have a complicated position in the Holy Kingdom.


The Holy Kingdom was a constitutional monarchy with the Royal Family at the top, but with strong characteristics of a religious country. In other words, religious thinking was deeply rooted, and factions were divided according to their sects.


There are some minor differences, but there are two main factions: The monotheistic and the polytheistic.


In the former, there was one main god, and the other gods were merely subordinate gods. While the former has that belief, the latter was the opposite. They believe that all gods have the same status.


What arises from these different beliefs difference was racism. The monotheistic sects claim that the main god was the god of the human race, and they believed, “The human race is greater than other races because the status of the god of the human race is higher than the gods of other races.”


It was a very forceful argument, but the people who were making those claims were serious. They hurt other races with impunity and even treated them as less than slaves.


(Tired: Reminds me of some religion I know.)


By the way, slaves are legal in the Holy Kingdom. They are protected by various laws and should not be mistreated, but this doesn’t apply to beastmen and elves. Even in the game, there were depictions that made me realize this.


Getting back to the topic.


Because the current royal family was polytheistic, they were not openly persecuted, but because the power of the monotheistic faction was also reasonably large, the beastmen’s position was unstable. The nobles of the beastmen race, in particular, must exercise extreme caution or risk losing their positions.


—And so, it was the Byakudai family, Orca's family, who failed to behave in this way.


In the game, there was only a story about human history, but eight years before the start of the game—one year after the present time, a civil war breaks out in the Holy Kingdom. The monotheistic faction denounced several aristocratic families of the Beastmen race, and they went into armed conflict.


As a result, the aristocratic families of the Beastmen race involved in the conflict collapsed, and most of them were exiled to slavery. It was effectively a death sentence.



So, how did Orca manage to escape from that ordeal?



That was because he was adopted by the Foranada family. The Byakudai family had sensed the civil war in advance and planned to let the child alone escape.


That’s right, the current situation was developing in the same way as in the game. If I remember correctly, in the game, the optimistic Count Foranada adopted him as if he were a pet.


That was natural. My Father was an open-minded person who doesn't think about factional strife. He would accept an adopted child without a hint. Even without my Father's decision, his excellent subordinates were willing to accept the proposal, but it was a decision that had to be made in light of the succession problem.


Well, I have no objection to Orca being adopted. The problem lies in his future.


If the Saint (the protagonist) chooses Orca’s route, our Foranada family will be taken over by him. Naturally, the original bloodline, Caron and I, would be condemned.


But, there was a good reason.


First of all, the premise was that we, the siblings in the game, were jerks. We were too soft on ourselves and too hard on others. There was no way we could rule properly because of it. Therefore, that alone was enough to get us kicked out of the position as the family’s head


He was severely tormented like a punching bag because he was feeling lonely after being away from his parents. Because of this, Orca became a reclusive character.


The whole story of the Orca route was that the protagonist heals him, overcomes his fear of Foranada, and takes over it.


Yeah, it was a typical “Serves you right!” drama.


In any case, with me as a reincarnated person and current Caron, tormenting him was unlikely to happen, and I could expect no future in which Orca would take over Foranada.


But, I couldn’t say for sure, right?


One point was that I don't know how Orca will grow up if he wasn’t abused. There was a possibility that he may become ambitious and vigilantly seek our lives.


There was one probability that Orca would see our casual behavior as bullying. Beyond this, Orca would lose his parents, siblings, and home. The possibility that he, naïve under the influence of this, will take the slightest thing too seriously and feel mistreated was undeniable.


I have yet to figure out if there was a power in this world that forces the same development as in the game. Therefore, I wanted to be extremely careful.


To be on the safe side, I'd keep the Orca away, but—




“Adoption…looks like I'll just have to accept it…”



(Tired: I bet Orca will be a Bro-con like his sister lol.)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It was impossible to have a second son in the remaining year. There was no other news about adoption other than Orca. I no longer had any choice but to accept him. I was afraid that this would be one of the proofs of my compulsion.


With a sigh, I made the decision to welcome Orca.



I don't know what kind of future this decision will bring, but I will trust in Caron’s kindness, whom I raised…and in Orca’s kindness, whom I saw in the game. I'm sure it won't end badly.


Orca's arrival in Foranada was quicker than expected. Within a week of sending a letter saying we would accept the adoption, the reply came, and a month later he himself arrived.


That was how much Baron Byakudai must sense the crisis. The place where the civil war would take place was farther away than Foranada, but I should remain vigilant. There may be some aftermath, after all.


So now, in the parlor of the castle, the first meeting between us two siblings and Orca was taking place. Caron and I were sitting side by side, and Orca was sitting on the opposite side.


Orca's appearance was very well-defined as if he had been chosen as a capture target. Although “Charming” might not be the right word, it was the best way to describe him. His yellowish-green eyes were round and his skin was as white as the first snow. His short reddish-brown hair was silky and shiny, and his fox ears and tail added to his charm.


Even though I knew him from the game, it was still shocking to see him in person.


Orca’s role was to be the “Kawaii” among the capture targets. He was what they call a Shota type, and depending on your choices, he would sometimes dress up as a woman. That was how cute he looked.


He was six years old now, but I felt strange that he was a guy.


However, I know that he will continue to grow. To be honest, if looking at his looks, he looked like a beautiful girl. He had a frightening prospect.




“N-Nice to meet you. I-I am Orca Falgata y Nan Byakudai, and I have just joined the Foranada family. P-Please, take care of me…”




Orca introduced himself with a look of trepidation. He was trembling and teary-eyed, and frankly, he tickles my protective instincts. If I don't brace myself, I'm about to open a door I shouldn't.


Since the formalities had already been completed, he should have called himself “Orca Falgata y San Foranada,” but he was too nervous and didn't realize it. There's no one else, so I would let it slide for now.


Oops, if I stay silent forever, Orca would get suspicious. I should greet him quickly.




“It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Zechs Levit y San Foranada, the eldest son of Count Foranada. We're going to be brothers from today, so you don't have to use formal language. I'll be speaking in a casual manner. Please take care of me too, Orca.”

“T-Thank you very much, Zechs-sama.”




Hmm, he’s still frozen stiff. I'm trying to be as soft as possible, but I can't easily break through his wall, can I? Even though he was still young, as a nobleman, he may understand his situation. The crisis of his Family’s house and the weakness of the adopted child's position.


I'd like to be on good terms with him, but I think I need to be prepared for a long battle.


As I smiled wryly, Caron beside me also began to greet him.






“I’m Caroline Flamelle y Sari Foranada, younger sister of Zechs-oniisama. Please to meet you, Orca.”

“Y-Yes, thank you very much, Caroline-sama…”





Caron elegantly bowed with golden hair like the sun.



Orca seems to have been taken aback by the divine appearance of Caron. He was even more nervous than he was with me.


I knew what he felt. My little sister was so beautiful that it is hard to believe she was five years old. Even if you weren't a person who likes kids, she had an air about her that was captivating.


However, I had the impression that she was stuffy today. Normally, she had more of a sunny softness to her, but right now she looked a bit like a strong sunbeam.


Is Caron nervous too? I'm sure she wasn't a shy girl…


The meeting ended with a somewhat unsettled feeling. Orca returned to his room early, as he was probably tired from the long trip.


After seeing Orca off, we remain in the room, and Caron had not yet changed her firm attitude.


We're going to have our usual magic training afterward, but I think we should exchange a few words before that.


I made up my mind and called out to Caron who stood up from the sofa.



“Caron, can I have a word with you?”

“Of course. What is it, Onii-sama?”



She gave me a big smile, but I felt that it was stiff.


She wasn’t grumpy, but not angry either. So, was she sulking…?


I spun my words as tried to read her emotion.




“Is something wrong with you?”

“N-Nothing, why are you asking such a question?”

“You were kind of acting weird. I'm always watching Caron, I'll know if something's wrong.”

“Onii-sama…”




Oh, she was in a better mood now. She seemed to be quite happy with what I said. I'm glad I was her brother.


But now I want to know why she was sulking.


So, I asked her once more.




“Please tell me, Caron. As your older brother, I want to help you.”




Perhaps she understood my sincerity, she let out a small breath and said, “Yes…”




“I don't really understand it myself, but when I heard that Orca is going to be our sibling, my mind boggles.”

“Do you hate Orca?”

“It's not like that, I don't think I dislike him personally.”

“Hmm…”




I crossed my arms and groaned.


Vaguely, I understood that Caron was dissatisfied with being a sibling to Orca. But I couldn't figure out what exactly she was dissatisfied about. It seemed that even she did not know what she was complaining about.


Caron then shook her head and laughed weakly.




“I'm sorry for worrying you. I understand the duties of a nobleman, so I have no complaints about what happened. Please don't worry about it, Onii-sama. I would be more distressed if you were worried about me.”




“I'll go to the training hall first,” she said so and left the parlor.


I, the only one left, let out a sigh.




“I guess we've got a long road ahead of us…”




Orca’s adoption was going to be a more difficult road than I had imagined.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 12/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






20 comments:

  1. Really good job so far but can we not introduce too much politics? I know we don't have an equivalent English word, and I didn't see the original raw but 小児性愛者 and ロリコン are not the same word and it's dishonest to translate it as such. The former is someone who would may attack young girls, while the latter just means someone attracted to young looking females (and not always in a sexual way). You included the terms brocon and sis on already which have a similar feel in the original Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right, I change it. I hope it sounds better now, and thanks for pointing that out(・_・;)

      Delete
    2. Hey, much better! Sorry, I realized my original message was a bit roughly worded but I couldn't change it after I posted it. Honestly, great job with the translation so far though, it's always had a nice flow to it! Excited to see what happens next! Thanks for the translation and reply!

      Delete
  2. "My little sister was so beautiful that it is hard to believe she was five years old"

    Ayooo??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's say that some people not only have beauty but also that majestic aura that makes them looks even better

      Delete
  3. > Is Caron nervous too? I'm sure she wasn't a shy girl…
    Are we talking about the same sister, cause I remember her being shy whenever she had to speak to someone new

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karon is unease. She thinks that by having a new sibling, her alone time with her oniisama will be terminated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should be nervous because that boy might become a siscon and would get between her time with her onii-sama.

      Delete
  5. I spun my words as tried to read her emotion. > I spun my words as I tried to read her emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck MC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The brocon sis is feeling threatened since she knows subconsciously that soon she will have a brocon bro rival.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did the translator make fun of Christianity?
    That is a poor move from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably both Christianity and Islam

      Delete
    2. Any religion is bad to be honest, there is always good things but I think there is more bad things than good ones

      Delete
  9. Ancient Egyptian17 June 2023 at 05:02

    I bet he will end as "she", and "her" family fabricated her gender so she can be qualified as adopted "Son".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brace yourself! Do not open that door! It must be lock forever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, they have a femboy brother character now

    ReplyDelete
  12. The author assumes the readers are lolicons lol. Probably most of us are ngl 😏 😭

    ReplyDelete