Monday 29 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 14

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 3 Adopted Child Part 1



Sponsored Chapter



— — —



The Nobles of the Holy Kingdom have duties prescribed by law. These duties range from smoothly governing their own territories, to sending out soldiers in times of national crisis, to surveying the population of their own territories.


It was precisely because the nobles fulfilled these duties that the Holy Kingdom was able to reign as one of the top two powers on the continent. It was truly a kind of noblesse oblige.


In the midst of such duties, these things exist.



[A nobleman must have two sons within ten years of inheriting his estate.]



A country that interferes with childbirth? You might be surprised to learn that this was also a law required to maintain an aristocratic society.


As those with good intuition may have noticed, this was the law concerning the heirs of the aristocrats. The country advises them to have an eldest son as their heir and a second son in case of emergency.


I should mention that there was no problem for the Holy Kingdom if one or two families fall. However, if this law was not established, there will be more than one or two houses would collapse.


The reason for this was that childbirth was extremely dangerous in this world. Childbirth had been dangerous in my previous life, but this was nothing compared to that. According to statistics from 20 years ago, it was ranked as one of the top three causes of death among noblewomen.


The reason why it was so dangerous was because of the Mana. The Mana of a fetus was highly unstable and always places a burden on the mother. Then when the baby was delivered, this causes a drastic decline in physical strength, making the lethality rate jumps.


Since the government had given top priority to research, the mortality rate due to childbirth has been drastically reduced, but the burden on the mother was still great. Immediately after childbirth, they are terribly weakened and susceptible to diseases of all sorts.


Incidentally, it was said that commoners were not as burdened as aristocrats. Of course, the burden was heavier than in the previous life.


The reason for this was also Mana. The commoner had less initial Mana than the aristocrat, so there seems to be less burden on the mother's body.


That was why making childbirth compulsory was necessary. Because pregnancy among the nobility was so dangerous, many families would have no heirs, let alone a second child, if this law had not been enacted.


However, this was not to say that a woman must have a son and a second son by herself. After all, there is a chance that a girl will be born, and if the situation is bad, they would end up in a situation where they had to give birth to several children.


Hence, the Holy Kingdom—or rather, the majority of countries on this continent—has adopted polygamy. In my previous life, it was a system that people would say, “It disrespects women!” but in this world, it protects them.


Well, it would be easier if we didn't think about heirs and successors, but that was also difficult.


This was also the reason why successors are limited to men, but Mana was basically hereditary. Attributes such as fire and water are the same, but what was called a quality――something like the so-called magic gene was also inherited. The Mana itself becomes the proof of the lineage.


The quality of that Mana—or should I say Mana quality will eventually disappear if female successors continue. There have been several such cases in the past. For this reason, it became customary for a man to be the heir to a noble family.


By the way, the Foranada family has been a family of fire for generations, and although I was non-attribute, I have properly inherited the Mana quality.


I've told you a lot, but I hope you understand that childbirth in this world was far more dangerous than in my previous world, which is why nobles were required to prepare a first and second son.





Now, you may have noticed here. The Foranada family has only one son and one daughter.


My father took over the family three years before I was born. So, there was only one year left to fulfill his duties as a nobleman.


And yet, I never heard that my mother was pregnant.


If he violated his duty, not only would our family be stripped down, but in the worst-case scenario, we could be exiled for involvement. This was no joke at all.


This fact was only revealed to me three days before my sixth birthday.


It has been a year since I hunted the bandits. Having keenly realized my lack of authority, I finally set out to seize control of the Count's family. As a result, I succeeded in embracing the central figure of the family, partly due to Count Foranada's lack of human virtue. On the surface, the Count's management would remain in place, but in effect, it would be the same as if I had taken over.


I don't know what to say after carrying it out, but my father's incompetence is so terrible. The butler who was in charge of the family gave me his blessing, and the executives quickly switched sides when I showed them my abilities. They must have been quite dissatisfied with my father’s daily work. After all, I think it was a very big deal for them to easily accept a proposal from an incompetent and ridiculed non-attribute. I'm going to look into the management situation of my own territory now, but I'm getting a little nervous.


—Getting back to the topic.


Having taken control of the central figure, I realized that we had a succession problem.


Why did he leave it until the last minute? According to his aides, it was because my mother strongly refused to bear a child.


When I asked for more details, I was told that my Mother was not burdened at all when I gave birth, and she got carried away and got her sister pregnant right away, too. However, the time of my sister's pregnancy was very hard for her. She had been in agony ever since she got pregnant. The experience was so traumatic that she refused to have another child.


If that was the case, why not have a second wife or a mistress give birth to him…? To my surprise, he said that my Father only welcomes my Mother.


It was the first shocking fact I had heard in the six years since I was born. I had thought that my father, who was useless, would have a number of women in his life, but the reality was the opposite, it seemed.


Surprisingly, my parents were so in love with each other that there was no room for other attachments.


Ah, yeah…It was like my parents were not aristocrats. That was not funny at all, though.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



However, I’m in trouble. If things continue as they are, my siblings and I would be lost on the street before the game even starts.


I mean, I'm confident that we'd be able to live comfortably because Caron and I worked hard every day.


The problem was that we would lose our authority. Caron, who possesses the light attribute, will surely be attacked. It was difficult to protect her without power.


In order to protect Caron, I couldn’t afford to lose my current position. In any case, I had to come up with a solution.


I was puzzled over what to do, but the solution came sooner than I had anticipated.




“We don't have any other choice but to adopt a child.”




An elderly man, dressed in a butler's uniform, told me that we had no choice but to adopt a child.


The executives present nodded in agreement.


But, I tilted my head as if confused about the current situation.




“Can we still fulfill our duties if we adopt a child?”




I didn't know to what extent it was permissible as I am still learning about legal matters. So, was it permissible to choose to adopt a child who wasn’t blood-related?




“Of course, it’s not permissible to adopt an Eldest son, but it’s possible to adopt a second and subsequent sons as spares.”

“If the eldest son fails to carry on the lineage, what about the magical artifact that marks the lineage?”




When someone takes over a family, they confirm their lineage with a magical tool controlled by the state. They use it to prevent any kind of fraud or intrigue.




“The registered lineage can be overwritten as an exception.”

“I see…”




There was a danger that the house will be taken over, but without such a loophole, it will be difficult to maintain the aristocratic society.




—Hmm? Take over the house?




I felt something caught in a series of conversations. I had a sense of déjà vu, or should I say I had heard something familiar.


Where, though? I don't remember talking about family affairs in my entire life here. I even learned about the special exception for the first time here. So, was it a memory from a previous life? Was there an event in a game where someone took over a family?


Six years have passed since my reincarnation, and my memory has faded considerably. Even remembering a single event from a game takes time.


(Tired: I mean, he could try to use Mind Magic and remember it.)


So far, I've been concerned about my surroundings, but now that I've taken control of the central figure, it was time to start taking notes on my game knowledge. Otherwise, I would definitely forget everything. Now would be a good time to do so, since I could barely remember anything.




“In fact, we recently received a proposal from another family to adopt a child, and we were in the process of accepting it.”




While I was struggling to dig up my memory, the executive in charge of foreign affairs opened his mouth.


I stopped recalling for a moment and urged him to continue.




“The details are in this document.”




He handed me a thick stack of papers.


The document listed information about the other party's home and the person being adopted.


I didn't read through all of them, but when I saw the name of the adoptee on the first page, I froze.




“Is everything all right?”




The family butler, who had noticed something wrong with me, asked in a concerned tone.


I took a deep breath and waved my hand lightly.




“No, it’s nothing. Just go ahead with the adoption as planned.”




The executives seemed to want to pursue the matter, but they were aware of my position and did not press the matter any further.


The board meeting ended with a few agenda items being dealt with.


The family butler, and all of the executives left the room, leaving me alone.


I looked at the adopted child's file again and muttered his name.




“Orca Falgata y Nan Byakudai, huh?”




It was the name of one of the targets of the game and, in a sense, the arch-enemy who usurps the Foranada family in his exclusive route.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 12/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations



Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






12 comments:

  1. This story is really fun. If possible could you submit all your chapters to novel updates. According to novel updates, this story is only on chapter 8.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wdym? All of the chapters, Prologue to v1c3 part 1, is on NU though? (・_・;)

      Delete
  2. so like this 6 y.o. kid is the de facto head of the family and no one has a problem with his age because the dad is so dumb? bruh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No tiene sentido, al menos 15 años sería razonable

      Delete
    2. Es una pura meritocracia, en todos los sentidos de la palabra. Nosotros tenemos ideas preconcebidas porqué vivimos en una sociedad dónde los menores son protegidos. Aquí la habilidad es los más importante. No les importa un carajo tu edad si eres competente lol

      Bueno, no literalmente, pero si eres mucho mejor que la alternativa ellos ignoraran tu edad.

      Delete
    3. Technically he not the head yet, they just allowed him to be in charge but is only knows but the personal of the family, everyone else thinks the head is still his father,no one has a problem because you probably are ignoring that MC is basically a genius for their standards so of course who would complain, also don't forget that in this world adulthood is around 15 years so even when he is young now is not a bad thing but a promising thing

      Delete
  3. "La calidad de ese maná, o debería decir, la calidad del maná eventualmente desaparecerá si las sucesoras femeninas continúan. Ha habido varios casos de este tipo en el pasado. Por esta razón, se hizo costumbre que un hombre fuera el heredero de una familia noble." Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the chap!

    there will be more than one or two houses would collapse. > there will be more than one or two houses collapsing.

    OR

    there will be more than one or two houses would collapse. > more than one or two houses would collapse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New ally or enemy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wao, I don't know how to react here. The father is so useless that the retainers trust more a 6 years old child than the lord. And also, to not let the family be ruined, MC must let his future enemy in the household. The novel is so good and interesting.

    ReplyDelete