Monday 29 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 13

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 2 Bandit Part 8





Sponsored Chapter





— — —





I quickly whipped my body and rolled to avoid the deadly blade.



I was too distracted, perhaps from the joy of victory over a superior opponent, that I completely forgot that there was another enemy.



I cannot make the excuse that I'm not accustomed to fighting multiple opponents. If I did, it's us, siblings, who will die because of it. The surprise attack was a punch, but if it had been an axe attack, I would have been seriously injured. I was just lucky.



Nevertheless, it's a good thing that I've learned that [Prediction] doesn't work when I'm distracted. I should keep in mind not to rely on it too much.



Rolling over, I caught my breath and leaped, letting my high physical ability do the work for me. I then prepared my dagger, keeping a safe distance from the axeman.







“You bastard! How dare you kill Windal!”







The axeman shouted angrily at me with bloodshot eyes.



Apparently, the swordsman that I killed was named Windal…Well, that's not important information. A bandit is a bandit.



I want to ignore it and attack him, but doing so is difficult. Because I killed the swordsman, he no longer sees me as a child. He’s so tense and alert as if his serious mode has been turned on.



I don't know what to do. Using [Appraisal] he’s about a level 30. A level difference of 10 is not a difference in ability that can be won by rushing in blindly.



The reason I was able to beat a swordsman in the same level range was that he was caught off guard and my strategy worked. The other big reason was that the enemy hesitated to use magic inside the cave. The current situation, where I wasn’t underestimated by the axemen, left me with no choice but to set up a new trap.



However, I no longer had a plan or anything. I can't be stealthy, they won't allow me to close the gap even if I wanted to, and I have limited means of a long-range attack.







“Haa…I guess I don't have a choice.”







I let out a breath of resignation.



It's impossible to get out of a situation with the cards in my hand. It was my fault that it turned out that way, but that doesn't mean I can't be reckless. I still have the important responsibility of ensuring Caron’s safety.



I raised my right hand toward the axeman. I then extended my index finger and thumb to form the shape of a pistol in my previous life.



The enemy, seeing this, becomes even warier, but there was no use in doing so.



I concentrated my Mana at the tip of my index finger and compressed most of my remaining Mana to the size of a small marble.



The concentration was instantaneous, as I had repeated this action many times in my training. Then before the enemy can realize my true intentions the compression of my Mana was completed in zero-tenths of a second.



I uttered the command with my fingertips set on the axeman with a dangerous gleam.









“ [Shoot] ”







The next moment, a ray of light runs from my finger.



The light vanished in an instant, and then the axeman fell. His head had a small hole in it, indicating that he was dead.



I shot the axeman. Anyone with knowledge of my previous life would have recognized what I did.



This was non-attribute magic I developed, [Shoot]. It was a simple spell that compresses Mana into the form of a bullet and shoots it from the tip of my finger. Even at this stage of development, it could shoot at nearly the speed of sound, making it the fastest magic apart from light magic, which was the speed of light.



I really didn't intend to use that spell this time, because it was still under development, and its consumption was too high. It has a flaw in its magical manipulation, and no matter how much Mana I was left, most of it was consumed each time I fire a single shot. In fact, I only have enough magic power left to maintain my [Body Strengthening]. It was not something that could be used in an actual battle.







“I still have a long way to go…”







With a sigh, I used all the remaining Mana I had put into [Body Strengthening] to extend the blade of my dagger. In the blink of an eye, the tip reached the wall in front of me, and then—







“Gah—!?”







A man appeared at the wall. The man's heart had been pierced by the magical blade, killing him. The Mana blade vanished in an instant, and the bandit fell to the ground.



The dead man was the last of the bandits. He was watching the fight between me, the swordsman, and the axeman, using his covert magic. He was probably planning to kill me when he saw an opening but he was powerless against my detection spell, [Appraisal], and [Prediction].







“You successfully exterminated out all the bandits, didn't you?”







Perhaps in reply to my earlier comment, Shion, who was watching from behind me, opened her mouth.



In response, I shrugged my shoulders.







“Even though the magic is already gone? What's more, I had no choice but to use [Shoot], which is still in development. That's a failing grade.”

“Isn't Zechs-sama's ideal too high?”





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Shion said so in a stunned manner.



But, I understand what she was trying to say. Right now, I’m a five-year-old kid. Making me a rising star single-handedly annihilated three bandits that were around level 30.



But it was far from the realm I had in mind. I was still not strong enough to deal with the future threats that would befall Caron.



I then give Shion instructions while holding a review meeting in my head.







“I'm going to concentrate on recovering my magic for a while. So, I need you to search around the cave and dispose of the dead bandits. As soon as you're done, return back here to guard me.”

“I understand.”







Shion disappeared from my side after saying so. I'm sure she would be back in no time.







And my prediction was correct, and in about twenty minutes she showed up. In one of her hands hung a suitably large bag of goods. It must be the kind of money the bandits had hidden.







“How was it?”







When I asked about the results of her search, Sion began to explain in an indifferent manner.







“As we had already learned from the detection, there were no unexpected obstacles. Of course, there were no kidnapped village girls. On the other hand, most of the stolen goods they were hoarding were food and liquor. Weapons were scarce, and if there were any, they were made of steel at best. I don't have an appraiser's eye, so this is a rough estimate, but I seized items that could be bought and sold for a certain price or more.”

“I see. That’s good enough, thanks for the hard work. Let’s keep the confiscated items for now and sell them when the time is right.”

“I understand. Please leave the management of the confiscated items to me.”







Recognizing Shion's bow, I ponder.



There was no problem regarding the handling of confiscated goods. It was common practice for property stolen by bandits to be transferred to the person who took it. It was the same in our Foranada territory.



The reason I didn’t sell them off immediately was that I didn’t want them to be traced back to me. I don't have any business connections at the moment, and I wanted to expand my network a little more before handling the case.



However, we were lucky that no one was kidnapped. I sympathize with those who were sold before we arrived, but I didn't want a third party to see this raid. I don’t want to expose my abilities to the public.



I have clear reasons for hiding my ability. Rather, the disadvantages of being found out are too great.



Currently, I am only in the position of “The eldest son of Count Foranada.” I am the closest to the next Count, but considering the magical attribute of my sibling, it was hard to say that my position was solid.



If my abilities were exposed in such an unstable situation, those with powers will definitely flock to us. Some will try to use me as a puppet, some will try to eliminate me as an obstacle. The circumstances may be different for each person, but it was sure to be harmful to me.



I'm not going to hide my abilities forever. Until I have enough strength to resist those with powers—at least until I enter the academy, I intend to be prepared in that area.



As a result, I cannot reveal my abilities to anyone other than Shion at this time. It was fortunate that no one had been kidnapped.



Well, I had already made an assumption in case there had been, but they didn't do it, so it was a good thing.







“Then, wait for a while. I haven't recovered all my magic yet. So give me…at least ten more minutes.”







Mana was best restored when asleep. That was because a relaxed state of mind, with no physical activity, was ideal for the recovery of it.



It was impossible for me to recover all of my magic power, which was the largest in the country, in 30 minutes or so. It was even more so in a cave where such bandits were hiding.



However, what made it possible was the effect of Mind Magic. I'm using Mind Magic to trick my mind into a relaxed state that speeds up the recovery of Mana.



As you know, materializing non-attribute magic consumes a lot of Mana, so I have studied things related to the recovery of Mana with great enthusiasm. I was confident that I could recover all of my Mana in one minute if I ignore enemy attacks and become completely defenseless. Right now, however, I couldn't be that relaxed.



After recovering my Mana, we returned to the castle after collapsing the cave to prevent it from becoming a stronghold of bandits again. We arrived at the castle near dawn, which was hard on my five-year-old body, but now I can finally spend my time in peace.



I’m still uncertain about the future, but I’m looking forward to a peaceful life with Caron.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 15/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






11 comments:

  1. there is a novel very similar to this novel. the MC is a former assassin in his previous life, and he is transmigrated into a fantasy world, as a son of a noble. he is also has non-attribute magic, and he ALSO transforms his magic into modern weapon. i still remember when he transforms his magic into anti-matter sniper rifle and destroy a meteor magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I going crazy, or when did he develop a way to manifest him elemental magic? As far as I remember, all he found was that his experiment failed, and he wanted to try when he had more magic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has no elemental magic. Every spell is non-attribute, even Shoot, which is just his raw mana compressed to a single point and then forcefully released. That's why it's so exhausting, since he's using the most inefficient method (just pouring enough mana until it's forced to become dense) instead of using a fire or wind bullet.

      Delete
    2. He's been trying to use attacks with magic since the beginning this is part of his experiments same as tha mana cube he used before

      Delete
  3. He became very OP so quickly...not digging this, specially as the pace of aging is extremely slow but the pace of gaining power is tremendously quick, this is a recipe for a lame story with no actual stakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good... mc uses his head well. Always loot what can be looted. Sell when its best and then he destroyed the cave entrance. Even if the cave is discovered again. It will be a few years from now on at least. Mc should ask training from the elf......Also.... complete the otaku dream and touch elven ears!!! Next in line are kemonomimi ears

    ReplyDelete