Monday 26 September 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 41 || Interlude 5

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 Interlude 5 — Caron — Little Adventures (After)


Tired: I’m still with IRL stuff so I’m very sorry about the late update.


And thank you very much Emilio for the donation!


Regular Chapter



— — —




We were headed to the forest to look for the treasure. I had assumed that we would be chased off by the guards before entering it, but the result was far from what I had expected.


Because right now, we were in the forest. We were still at the base of the mountain, at the entrance, but we had long passed the area that the guards were patrolling. What on earth was going on?


Tala-chan seemed to have the same question as I did, and she asked while looking around.




“Onii-chan, how did we get into the forest?”

“Huh? Didn't we walk together?”

“That's not what I meant…”

“Dan-san, what Tala-chan wants to ask you is how we were able to get past the guards.”




She couldn’t communicate well with Dan-san on her own, so I offered her some help.


Thanks to it, he finally understood what she was trying to say. He then nodded his head and said, “Aha.”




“It's easy. If we follow the route we've just taken, we'll be able to catch the guards off guard. It's called a secret path. This is also what the customer who was talking about the treasure said.”

“Uwah, a secret path is kind of cool!”

“I know right!”




Dan-san responded confidently, and Mira-chan enthusiastically followed.


Tala-chan and I, on the other hand, looked at each other in a daze.


Thankfully, I am not the only one who is concerned about the current situation. Although I may not fully comprehend it, it was reassuring to know that I was not alone in this kind of situation.


However, was there a path from the town to the forest? I'd have to tell Onii-sama about it later. Or, to put it another way, we need to find the customer Dan-san mentioned as soon as possible.




“Dan-san, Let's go back to the castle town immediately.”




With a crease between my brows, I suggested to him.


He told us about the treasure and the forest's secret path. Given this information, I concluded that dangerous people were involved and that this person or those people might be lurking in our vicinity. This was not an environment in which children could play alone.


Dan-san and Miria-chan, who were unaware of the situation, both expressed their displeasure.




“We just got here, didn't we?”

“I want to go on an adventure!”

“No, now is not the time for that…”

“Onii-chan, Miria-oneechan, we should go home immediately. It's not safe here.”

“I'm not afraid of danger. I'll take care of it!”

“That’s right! Dan-kun is here, so we'll be fine!”




Tala-chan followed up, but the headstrong Dan-san and the optimistic Milia-chan didn’t take it seriously.


At times like this, Onii-sama should be able to guide them well, but I'm not good at grasping that kind of psychology. I’m sorry for not being good enough, Onii-sama…


However, this time it was a matter of persuasion. Not long after that, things started to move.



*Rustle, rustle, rustle*



Suddenly, the trees in the forest began to shake violently. Then, everyone, including myself, stiffened on the spot.


But, I was the only one who immediately recovered. Well, it can't be helped because it was the difference in the number of places I stepped on. It was not normal for someone this age to have the experience of going to a battlefield.


After looking around visually, I used intermediate-level fire magic [Thermography] to search for the enemy.


As a result, I found that we were surrounded by a herd of demonic beasts. They were small ape-shaped demonic beasts called “Light Apes,” and they attack by throwing stones and nuts.


They weren’t a big threat to me, but they may be a handful if I have to protect the other three. There were about twenty enemies, so I need to think properly and stand my ground.


I then took a deep breath and calm my thoughts. I cannot handle Mind Magic such as [Calm], so I have to try to stabilize myself in this way.


I have trained more than usual in mental stability under Onii-sama’s advice, so my panicked thoughts immediately returned to normal. As it was, I would continue to simulate future movement.


I guessed that it would be one minute before we would come in contact with the enemy. Since we were completely surrounded, it was impossible to avoid it.


If that were the case, I would use the remaining minute to explain the situation to the other three. I know they would be confused, but I believed it was better than suddenly encountering a demonic beast.


Next…to be honest, I have no choice but to act haphazardly. I don't have the ability to plan as precisely as Onii-sama. Instead, I would do everything in my power to protect the three of them!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




“Everyone, please do not panic and listen.”




I explained to them in a flat, soft voice.


However, explaining it to them was more difficult than it seemed. If I exaggerate too much, it might agitate them, and if I make it too easy, it might make them feel optimistic. But, Considering Dan-san’s and Miri-chan’s personalities, it would be better to exaggerate a little…


By the time I finished explaining, there were less than 10 seconds left before we came in contact with the enemy.


My seriousness seems to have been properly conveyed, and the three of them shrink back with straight faces. If they were too stiff like that, it would hinder their escape, but I decided it was better than them running away from me.


Finally, the Light Apes appeared. They were arranged in a line on the branches of the trees surrounding us. They were holding some sort of projectile in their hands.


While we were waiting to see what they would do, the one who seemed to be the leader of the group let out a loud “Kiiiiiii!” voice. Then, other individuals started to shout and throw projectiles at the same time.


A total of 80 stones and hard nuts were falling onto us from 360 degrees. The pressure was considerable, and the three, unaccustomed to this kind of situation, were trembling their shoulders.


…No, Dan-san was stubbornly glaring at the apes. It doesn't come with actual ability, but I should praise him for his courage.


Before the projectile hits us, I activate my magic spell. Since we are in a forest, I use light magic to prevent damage from spreading fire.




“[Sanctuary]”




A semi-transparent semi-sphere of light appears with me at its center.


This was the beginner-level Light Magic [Sanctuary]. It creates a three-meter radius that allows only those things that the magician has authorized to pass through. There were various other effects, but for now, I used it as a defensive measure against attacks.


Every flying projectile was blocked by the [sanctuary] and crashed to the ground without hitting us.


When they realized that we were unharmed, the Apes instantly began to make a fuss. Perhaps they were frustrated that their attacks were not getting through.


I shouldn’t lose my cool in front of the enemy because it would make a clear gap. If I do the same thing in our training, I’m sure Onii-sama would give them an endless lecture.


I shudder as I remember that terrible thing, but if I didn’t stand my ground here, I might really get lectured. I decided to go on the offensive while the enemy was still making a fuss Naturally, I attacked with Light Magic.




“[Light Rain]”




This was an intermediate-level Light Magic that causes multiple arrows of light to fall within a specified area. This magic was useful for fighting large numbers outdoors.


Here, trees would get in the way, but if I increase the quantity, it wouldn’t be a problem. If it were me right now, I could make up to 1,000 arrows fall.


A louder roar than the previous enemy's attack resounded, and I turned them into hedgehogs without missing a single one. Extermination was complete.




“Fuuu, It’s over…”




After confirming that there were no newcomers or ambushers around, I let out a sigh of relief.


I’m very glad that we were able to achieve an overwhelming victory. Thanks to Dan-san and the others who listened to me, I was able to successfully lead the battle.


But even though we have secured our safety, we cannot continue to stand idly by. It was obvious that newcomers have noticed the commotion and approached it.


I then turned to the three people behind me to call out to them.


But, they were staring at me with sparkling eyes.


Eh? What’s going on?


The three of them, not caring that I was puzzled, approached me.




“Caron-san’s so strong! That light thingy was really amazing!”

“That’s right! You’re so amazing, Caron-chan!”

“Everyone has been saying nothing but ‘amazing’ since a while ago. But it was really amazing!”




My magic appears to have impressed them.


I remembered that this was the first time I handled offensive magic in front of them. Before, it was recovery magic, but I guess they didn't have time to observe it properly.


However, it was a little embarrassing to have them be impressed by my magic in this way. I’m not aware that I did anything difficult, so I feel it was even more so.


It was hard to refrain from favorable behavior, and I was rubbed the wrong way for a while. Of course, I didn't let Dan-san touch me in any strange places. Only Onii-sama would be allowed to do that!


When the three of them finally settled down, something caught my detection.




“Huh, that’s…”




It felt familiar—no, that was an understatement. It was a Mana that I knew very well.


There was only one answer.




“....What are you guys doing here?”




It was unmistakably Onii-sama who came down from the trees. He was dressed in battle gear and looked at us suspiciously.


However, as he observed us and our surroundings, his eyes gradually changed to a different kind.


Ah…that's the thing!





It seems that your brother was working to solve the oddities in the forest…


After that, we received a two-hour sermon from Onii-sama. I've had enough of playing adventurer now…



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sponsored Chapter 6/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






2 comments:

  1. ... frankly i ex0ected an ambush of kidnappers. Telling children about a hidden path and a "treasure".... it reeks.

    ReplyDelete