Wednesday 21 September 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 40 || interlude 4

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 Interlude — Caron — Little Adventures (Before)


Sponsored Chapter


— — —


It was just after noon when the lingering summer heat had disappeared and the weather was warm and sunny. Today was the day I was planning to go out to the castle town for fun, so I—Caroline—had gone to the usual square. I was gathered in a group with my usual friends, Dan-san, Tala-chan, and Miria-chan.


However, there was only one thing that was different from the usual.


And that was, Onii-sama and Orca were not here. Onii-sama was dealing with an urgent business matter, and Orca was visiting Caiser-san, so I’m all alone today.


To be honest, if it were just me, I could have chosen not to go to the castle town. However, Onii-sama has expressed his disapproval saying, “I've been so busy lately that I don't go to the city as often as I'd like, but you don’t have to waste this opportunity. You have to treasure your friends.”


Of course, my kind Onii-sama didn’t force me to do so, but I decided to follow his advice. As Onii-sama said, friends who treat us without regard to our position were very rare. That’s why I must cherish our relationship more than usual.


When I showed my face to the three of them, Miria-chan looked around, and ask,




“Huh, aren't Zechs-kun and Orca-chan with you today?”




Apparently, she was looking for Onii-sama and my other sibling


Hearing so, I shook my head.




“No, it's just me today.”

“Hee~ that's unusual!”




The pure Miria-chan responded directly without any gesture of deep thought.


It was a very honest response from her to accept my words as they were, without any question.



“S-So, you’re alone today?”




Dan-san, who shares the same temperament, also spoke straightforwardly.


However, his voice seemed to be slightly hoarse. His face was a little red, I wonder if he was ill?


I’m probably worrying too much, but I would like to point this out just in case.




“Dan-san. Your face is a bit red, do you have a cold?”

“W-Wha…!? It’s nothing! This is not a cold or anything, so I'm fine!”




Dan-san looked flustered and shook his head.


It was quite suspicious that he was strongly denying it…But, I'm not going to pursue the matter. I would have to wait and see how things progress, but if he says he was fine, I should trust him.




“Onii-chan…”

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing.”

“???”




When I asked Tala-chan about it, she turned her head away. Is she at that phase already?


Well, we are at the age when we are in our prime for fun and games. So, the topic of conversation naturally turns to, “What shall we do for fun today?”




“I have a good idea for today!”




As expected, Dan-san suggested a proposal with great vigor.


Even though he said, “Today,” most of the time he decides what we were going to play.


For my part, I don't like his assertiveness, but I don't dislike it either. It was his characteristic, and some people were saved by it. For example, about a year ago, when we had not fully opened up to each other, Orca seemed to lighten up under the influence of Dan-san’s forceful attitude. Thanks to him, Orca and I were able to get along much earlier.


This kind of action would be difficult for Onii-sama and me. I don't need to tell you that Onii-sama prefers certainty to haste. Even if it takes a long time, he wouldn’t choose a forceful approach.


That’s why I’m grateful to Dan-san for this.


However, I haven’t told him about it directly. According to Tala-chan, she said, “Because you’re going to fuel his ego.” I didn’t understand it well, but it was an advice from his sibling, so I accepted it honestly. I’m secretly grateful every day.


While I was thinking about all of this, Dan-san was vividly talking about his “Good idea.”




“Let's go on an adventure to the forest outside the city!”

“Adventure!? Let’s go!!!”

“The forest?”




Miria-chan nodded her head with her eyes shining while Tala-chan made a reluctant expression.


The former was more out of curiosity, the latter out of prudence. I, on the other hand, am a cautious person.




“By ‘forest,’ do you mean the mountain behind the lord's castle? If you go in there without permission, you'll get in trouble.”




Tala-chan, although you were publicly known, you know a lot at your age.


That mountain was overrun with demonic beasts for the sake of Onii-sama's training, and it was forbidden for the general public to enter the mountain. Aside from me, the other three were not supposed to be allowed.


In contrast, Dan-san shrugged his shoulders, saying,




“You're an idiot, Tala.”

“Mou~ Tala isn’t an idiot!”

“No way, you’re an idiot.”

“No, I’m not!”

“Idiot!”

“I’m not an idiot! I’m really not!”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





What should have been a normal conversation suddenly turned into an argument. The two of them, who was always so friendly with each other, were seriously yelling.


Ehhh…Is this all right? Miria-chan, I don't think this was the time to be looking at them with a smile on your face…


As I was cringing on my own, Miri-chan noticed this and burst out laughing.




“Don't worry, Caron-chan, It's just sibling rivalry. It will stop sooner or later.”




I-Is that really all right? They weren’t touching each other, but they were screaming quite violently, weren’t they?


Well, she has been with them for a long time, I'm sure she was right. That’s why I refrained from making any unnecessary moves.


Then, I took a deep breath and watched the two of them bickering once again.


I had never seen such a quarrel between siblings before. Onii-sama and I do not quarrel with each other, nor do we fight. So, the scene before me was quite new.


Indeed, upon closer inspection, the situation does not seem so dire. Both of them were loud, but there was no hostility in their voices. It looked like they were simply colliding their heightened emotions with each other.


I wouldn't go so far as to say that it was a stress reliever, but perhaps this was how they vent in moderation. After all, their personalities were quite opposite. I guess this was just another form of sibling relationship.


I watched the Magra siblings fight for several minutes. Then I interrupted them as the momentum of the two of you was weakening. As expected, I couldn't wait forever.




“Are both of you okay now?”

““What—!!””




….They were perfectly synced and looked at me with terrible expressions on their face. The way did it was very much like siblings.


With a cough, I poised myself and opened my mouth again.




“Regardless of whether or not we agree to Dan-san’s proposal, the day is going to end if we don't do something about it.”

“Yeah. she’s right. We shouldn't have been fighting.”

“It’s Shaku, but I agree with you, Onii-chan.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Just like I said.”

“Both of you.”

““Hmph!!””



(Tired: Shaku means annoying I translated it as it is cause it was written in Katakana.)



When I warned them that they were about to start fighting again, both of them sullenly turned away.


Is this really all right? Miria-chan’s smiling, so I guess it was fine…? Let's believe that it was fine….


I resist the urge to sigh and ask Dan-san.


“You mentioned earlier that you wanted to venture into the forest, is there a reason for that?”




I have never once mentioned the forest to them. I assumed that there was a reason for Dan-san suddenly mentioning the topic.


As it turned out, my guess was correct.


He then answered proudly, saying,




“I heard one of our customers talking about it the other day. There are a lot of treasures in that forest. So we thought we'd have an adventure too!”

“Treasure…?”




I had never heard of such a story. If I'm not mistaken, there should have been only abundant nature and demonic beasts there.




“Dan-san’s family owned a store, right?”

“A store is not much of a thing. It was just a small store where neighbors would come to buy things.”

“But it doesn't change the fact that you are still doing business.”




I corrected Tala-chan, even though I had to meddle because she had made a rather twisted statement.


She may feel uncomfortable proudly calling themselves a “Merchant,” but their parents were honorable people who work for their family. That’s why she should have a little more confidence.


I then continue.




“What kind of treasure is it?”

“I don't know~ they didn't say more than that. But the treasure is a treasure, right?”

“I see…”




I covered my mouth with my hands and think.


What did the customer who was talking about the back of the mountain refer to as a treasure? I couldn't deny the possibility that it was complete nonsense, but since it was said that there was no smoke without fire, there may be some basis for it. At the very least, there seems to be a high probability that something was hidden in the forest.




“Time is precious, so let's go!”

“Let's go on an adventure—!”

“W-Wait a minute. Tala’s haven’t decided yet—!”




Seemingly impatient with the wait, Dan-san took the lead and ran off, and Miria-chan ran after him.


Tala-chan was still reluctant to go, but Miria-chan pulled her hand and forced her to go.




“I guess I'll just have to go along for now?”




I believe they would probably end up being turned away at the gate, but it would be safer if I, who could fight to some extent, stayed by their side in case of any emergency.


I let out a sigh as I was left alone and followed the three of them.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Tired: I’m very sorry, only 2 chapters for today because I was really today that I don’t have the time to translate. Also, for some reason, this interlude is fking longer than a normal chapter.




Sponsored Chapter 3/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






2 comments:

  1. The adventures of Caron!

    momentum of the two of you was weakening. > momentum of the two of them was weakening.

    ReplyDelete