Monday 26 September 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 45 || Interlude 9

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 Interlude 9 — Shion — Shopping



Tired: Last one out of 9 interludes. Volume 2 starts after this



Bonus Chapter




— —



“Onii-sama, let’s go shopping!”




It was a late afternoon one day. While I, Shion, was helping Zechs-sama with his work, his younger sister, Caroline-sama, entered the room and made that remark.


The suddenness of the situation made Zechs-sama and I look at each other involuntarily. The fact that we were able to get along with each other at times like this was probably a result(?) of having served him for so long.


Then, After a short pause, Zechs-sama replied.




“I understand; I'll call the merchant now.”




However, it seems that that answer wasn’t what Caroline-sama wanted. She waves her arms in the air and protests, saying, “No!”




“I said, ‘Let's go shopping!’ Rather than calling the merchants, I'd like to go shopping in the castle town.”

“Ahh, so it’s like that…”




After understanding Caroline-sama's intention, Zechs-sama let out a slightly awkward voice.


I could guess what he was thinking. He was happy to receive an invitation from his little sister to go on a date with her, but it was hard for him to reject it. That was probably about it.

Since I am performing secretarial duties for Zechs-sama, I’m aware that he wouldn’t be available for the rest of the day. Since all of these were important matters that must be handled by the end of the day, it was difficult for him to postpone them. Therefore, Zechs-sama cannot go out with Caroline-sama.


Zechs-sama replies with some reluctance.




“I'm sorry, Caron, I have work today. I'm very glad you invited me, but I can't go with you.”

“No way…”




After he said so, Caroline-sama’s face distorted as if she was in shock.


I don't think she was overreacting just because she was told she couldn't go on one date with him, but she was a Bro-con that comes with an “Extreme” attached to her head, so her reaction was understandable.


Then Zechs-sama, who was as much of a Sis-con as Caroline-sama, also had a sad expression on his face when he saw her reaction. As always, they were close siblings.


I had been watching over them as if it was someone else's problem, but this was where I got caught up in an unexpected way.


Perhaps trying to ease Caroline-sama’s sorrow, Zechs-sama turned to me and said.




“I can't go, but you can take Shion with you.”

“Eh?”




I was taken aback by the sudden suggestion.


But it was a bad move on my end. I had created such an opening that Caroline-sama opened her mouth faster than I could reply.




“That's a wonderful proposal!”



The sad expression on her face changed drastically, and Caroline-sama’s eyes lit up.


I knew this was a bad idea, so I tried to say something about declining, but—




“Right? I can handle today's work on my own, so take Shion with you. I think it's nice to go out with a lady once in a while.”

“ I agree. Plus, I wanted to talk more with Shion, so I'm looking forward to it.”




The two of them let the conversation progress on its own, and in no time at all, it was decided that I would accompany her. And when she said with a big smile, “I wanted to talk more with Shion,” there was no way I could refuse. I don't feel bad about it, either.


Well, the situation of shopping alone with a nobleman only makes my stomach churn and ache. But, I will endure it





○●○●○●○●




We immediately headed to the castle town. Caroline-sama has put on her customary [Disguise], so I would also use it to change my facial features a little. This way, no one would notice our true identities.


First, we visited a women's clothing store. This was a place that caters to a slightly more affluent clientele rather than the daily necessities of commoners. The quality of fabrics and threads used were of good quality, and the designs were mature yet adorable.




“Uwaah, I was surprised to see so many pretty garments here. I prefer these to my everyday clothes.”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Caroline's lovely red eyes—which she wasn't using a disguise on—lit up when she saw the items in the store.


It was understandable that she would think so. A noblewoman's daily attire was usually a fancy dress with a lot of fancy ruffles. The unnecessary number of ruffles was a hindrance to daily life, and the extra fabric makes the dress a little heavy. Also, the glaring colors were painful to the eyes. Some people may prefer such a dress, but Caroline and I preferred a more docile dress.


While watching her get excited, I also look through the merchandise. I'm currently accompanying Caroline, but if I could use this as a reference for my next holiday shopping, I'll be happy to do so.


This place seems to be quite a big one, and they have all the basic clothing items. This was unusual for a store that commoners could go to. Perhaps it was the manager or the owner's passion.


As I was admiring this, Caroline-sama approached me, and ask,




“Shion, may I have a word?”

“How can I help you?”

“There are so many kinds of clothes that I couldn't decide which one to choose. So, can you give me some advice?”

“Yes, and I would be happy to lend you my wisdom.”

“Don't be so demeaning. I only want Shion's opinion.”

“Thank you very much.”




The straightforward words made me feel embarrassed.


The purity of Caroline-sama’s character was very pleasing that she was like the sun shining on the people.


And so we began to choose her clothes in a peaceful mood.




— — —




About five hours had passed. Because the quality of materials that Caroline-sama chose was so wonderful, I was a little too worried. However, it was worth the compromise, and we were able to select up to five sets of clothes that would enhance her charm. The budget was not a problem, so the mission was complete for the time being.




“Thank you, I knew I was right to trust Shion. They are very nice clothes.”




Caroline seemed to be satisfied as well, and she smiled like a blooming flower. So, as one of her subordinates, I was filled with emotion.


Then she suddenly clasped her hands together as if she had just thought of something.




“Ah, that's right. In return, I will pay for Shion's clothes. You can choose whatever you like!”

“I don't need such consideration, Caroli—Caron-san!?”




I hurriedly decline the outrageous proposal. I’m only a maid and a direct gift from the Count’s daughter was an excessive honor. This is making a hole in my stomach…


But Caroline, who was stubborn in a strange way, wouldn’t listen.




“No, I have made up my mind, and I will not allow any objections. Take your time and choose your own clothes.”

“I understand…”




Looks like I wouldn’t be able to turn this around. I could feel the stubborn will in her eyes.


I nodded reluctantly and stepped forward to choose the item I wanted to purchase.




“I won't tolerate the kind of behavior that chooses the cheapest option, all right?”

“...I understand…”




I was thinking of fooling her by choosing some random item, but I was crushed before I could do so. In this situation, I had no choice but to be determined.


I stopped once and moved my feet again and walked around the store. Caroline-sama was at a distance from me, looking at the other products with interest.




“Oh, this one might be nice.”




A sky-blue one-piece dress I found by chance. It was a simple design with few features, but there was a charm that strangely attracted my eyes.




“Will you choose that one?”




Caroline, who approached me, asked me so.


I nodded my head.




“Yes, I’ll decide with this one.”

“You can choose another one. I have enough money in my budget.”

“No, just one is enough….More importantly, how much of a budget do you have?”




Frankly, she must have spent over 100,000* for what we have found so far. I'm a little concerned because of it.


(Tired: Yen? Dollar? Gold? Silver? Bronze? We may never know since the author only wrote 100k)


I’m not worried that Caroline-sama was miscalculating. I was worried that Zechs-sama might have given her too much money.


Then Caroline-sama, perhaps sensing my concern, smiled wryly.




“I don't have the problem that you are thinking of. Rather, Onii-sama’s very strict in that area.”

“Is that so?”




I asked back dubiously.


In response, Caroline-sama continued, “I understand how you feel.”




“It's really tough. After all, my allowance was only a thousand yen.*”

“...Is it hourly?”

“Pu, fufufufufufufufufufu. Please don't make me laugh, Shion. Fufu, hahahahahaha. Hourly wage...I-It's not a wage for temporary employment...fufufufufu.”



(Tired: don’t why he used yen in a western medieval setting but okay.)



Hearing the unbelievable line, I could not help but give my honest impression, but it seems that Caroline-sama was caught in the throes of her laughter. Even now, She was still letting out a laugh.


From her response, the interpretation that her allowance was 1,000 yen per month was correct. It would be more difficult to believe that a count’s daughter has an allowance of 1,000 yen…


Or rather, if she only receives that amount of money, she can't even do her own shopping, let alone treat herself, can she?


When I asked her about that situation, Caroline-sama replied,




“If you don't do anything, it's only 1,000 yen. But, I would be paid when I hunt for demonic beasts, and if I help out at the church, my allowance will be increased. This is the same for Orca. Onii-sama wants us to learn the value of money and the importance of working for it.”

“Y-Yeah…”


(Tired: Child L@bor!)



I understand what she was saying and I think it was right. However, I also felt that it was not appropriate for an Aristocrat to preach this. Ordinary Aristocrats would never learn the importance of labor.


Zechs-sama's educational policy is somewhat like that of a commoner. I had already guessed this before, but this incident has made me realize it even more strongly. I'm afraid to say it out loud, though.




“I've always thought that Zechs-sama was somewhat soft with Caroli— Caron-san, but he really strict where he needs to be strict.”




I have seen his usual Sis-con attitude, so I feel a little freshness.


I was just casually saying this, but Caroline-sama reacted unexpectedly.




“Onii-sama was never soft on me, though?”

“Eh…But, he was always taking care of Caron-san, isn't he?”



I said somewhat cautiously, thinking that she didn't think I was aware of it.


Then as she nodded as if she understood what I said.




“I know that Onii-sama’s very kind to me, but not all the time.”

“I-Is that so?”




I felt a sense of discomfort as if there was a subtle discrepancy, but I was afraid to mention it for some reason.


After that, we had a lively conversation about Zechs-sama, and we continued shopping. I think it was a fulfilling day, even though I was pushed around a lot.


Well, next time I would like to do some restful shopping alone.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sponsored Chapter 6/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






6 comments:

  1. yes, he's hard on caron at night

    ReplyDelete
  2. "(Tired: don’t why he used yen in a western medieval setting but okay.)". Ay autor 🤦

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi author, why tf are you using yen currency in a medieval fantasy/game setting. It doesn't make sense?? Unless all these npcs are japanese and that the creator (one that made the game) refuses to admit that they were created with that in mind..

    ReplyDelete