Friday 30 September 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 46

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 1 — Teacher Part 1


Regular Chapter


— — —



Spring. Eight months have passed since the civil war that broke out in the northeastern region of the Holy Kingdom. I, Zechs, turned eight years old.


In my previous life, I would have been a second grader, and there have been no major changes. My gray hair and light purple eyes, which were proof that I’m a Non-Attribute, were the same as ever, and my physique was still immature. I couldn't help but notice that my face had become a little more defined, but only in a heartwarming way.


Currently, I'm working on some paperwork. Yesterday, I attended a private party organized by my little sister Caron and my family, so I had a bit of work to do.


My subordinates were excellent, so my workload has only slightly increased, but I don't want to work overtime, so I'll finish it quickly. I won't have time to play with Caron because of it, after all.


As I was crunching away at my pen, Sebastian, an elderly man who serves as the family butler, entered the room. He must have come to report something since his main job was human resource management.


He stood in front of me, bowed, and spoke.




“I’m sorry to interrupt your busy schedule. But, may I have a moment of your time, Zechs-sama?”

“I don't mind, what's the problem?”




I put down my pen and looked at Sebastian.


He looked the same, so I guessed that there was no particular problem.





“There are two things I have to report. First of all, we were now able to hire a teacher that we were looking for.”

“Finally…”




I've been looking for a teacher since I started as an adventurer, so it took me almost a year to find one.


There was a clear reason why it took so long, and that was the civil war in the Byakudai Territory.


Caron’s and Orca’s fame had grown so much that all the magicians were reluctant to take on the role of teacher. They couldn’t take responsibility if something went wrong.


Considering the rumors, we couldn't afford to hire teachers, so we've been recruiting them.




“So, who is it?”




I asked, and Sebastian showed slight hesitation, which was very unusual for him.


Then he slowly said,




“I heard they were the Court Magicians' young ace.”

“Ha..?”




What did he say just now?




“I thought you said ‘Court Magician,’ or did I just mishear you…? No, please tell me I’m wrong.”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




When I held my head and asked, Sebastian, shook his head regretfully.




“I’m afraid you heard me right. We receive a proposal from the Royal Court saying that one of their court magicians’ going to serve as a teacher.”

“....So we can’t refuse, can we?”




I couldn’t help but lost my voice unintentionally.


A proposal from the royal court? There was no way a Count like me could turn down such a proposal.


It was obvious they trying to curry the favor for Caron. Sebastian stated that it was a young ace, so I'm sure they were going to send someone attractive. Then that way, they could extract some information inside the Foranada, huh?


There was a possibility that they realize that Shion wasn’t good as a spy. That’s why I must be very careful about what I’m going to do with the Royal Court.


Thinking so, I held back a sigh and give instructions to Sebastian.




“Then proceed in the pretense that we are going to accept it.”

“I understand. They will arrive by fall, so I will alert the servants so that they will not be misled, and make the necessary preparations.”

“Please do so.”




Sebastian understood the situation. I don't think we could prevent it perfectly, but it was important to alert them.


After a pause, he makes a second report.




“I will move on to my next report. I know you must think that I’m not very busy to be talking to you on the day after your birthday, but I would like to discuss something related to next year's Ninth Ceremony.”

“Do we have to start preparing now?”



I breathed a sigh of relief when Sebastian told me so.


Ninth Ceremony was a festival unique to this world that celebrates a child's ninth birthday.


In fact, the way people age in this world differs from that of humans in my previous life. The childhood period was generally the same, but they grow out of it all at once between the ages of nine and fifteen. Before the academy system was established, 15 years old was treated as an adult.


Therefore, the age of nine was considered the tipping point for entering adulthood and was treated as a special age. That’s why the adults around them celebrate it in the form of a Ninth Ceremony. If I compare it to my previous life, it might be similar to the Shichi-Go-San.*


(Tired: Shichi-Go-San (literally “seven-five-three”) is a Japanese custom observed on November 15 in which five-year-old boys and three- and seven-year old girls visit shrines to pray for health and prosperity as they grow.)


Then, If someone was a noble, they have to hold a big party for the Ninth Ceremony. It was a grand affair, with invitations sent to neighboring fiefdoms and nobles of the same faction.


My former Japanese sensibilities would have thought it was fine to be modest, but it was impossible because of my noble reputation. I had no choice but to give up.




“Since selecting the people to invite is the job of internal affairs and foreign affairs…what did Sebastian come to consult with me about?”

“I came to discuss how the ceremony should be organized and the introduction of temporary servants on that day.”

“The ceremony should be simple because I’m not really particular about it. As for the temporary hires, I'll leave it to Sebastian’s discretion. Just in case, I'll let the intelligence department confirm their identity.”

“I understand. Then, I will proceed with the preparations assuming that the Ninth Ceremony will be an orthodox one.”

“Un, please do.”




The matter was finished in a short time.


But that doesn't mean the discussion was over; we'll be talking about it again and again in the future. After all, it was still a year away, and we couldn't make final decisions at this time.




As Sebastian was about to leave the office, one of my subordinates who was working in the same room raised his voice. It was Daniel, the man in charge of foreign affairs.




“Since the Ninth Ceremony has just been brought up, may I consult with you as well?”




I nodded my head.


I know him well. He had been in Foranada for a long time and had proven his shrewdness even during his former lord's (My Father) sloppy reign.


It was unusual for him to ask me, a young child, for advice.




“I don't mind, but…the timing of this means it's a topic you want me to share with Sebastian?”

“Yes. I will ask Sebastian about this alter.”

“I see. Sebastian, please stay behind.”

“I understand.”




Sebastian, who had his hand on the door, returned to my presence with a condescending attitude.


Daniel, who had opened his mouth earlier, also stood next to him.




“So, what is it that you want to discuss with me and Sebastian? Is it safe to talk about it in other people’s presence?”




In this office, several of my subordinates work together. I always have more than one person available so that if any irregularities arise, we can make immediate arrangements.


There was a lot of sensitive information that goes around in the work of Foreign Affairs. In some cases, it was necessary to pay people off.


But apparently, my consideration was unnecessary, and Daniel shook his head.




“I don't think you should be concerned; it would be better to solicit feedback from a large number of people. Naturally, it is limited to our own people.”

“Hmmm...you want opinions from a lot of people in relation to my Ninth Ceremony, huh? It doesn't really ring a bell, so what exactly do you want to discuss?”

“It's about your fiancée, Zechs-sama.”



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sponsored Chapter 6/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






9 comments:

  1. now we're talking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course the butler's name is Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  3. You keep using 'condescending' to describe the butler's attitude and it doesn't make a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's gonna be a big shuraba with the "Extreme" bro-con Carol-chan. (Shuraba literally means chaos in 2 women over a man.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MC has a fiancée!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's finally here, let the Shuraba begin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peace was never an option

    ReplyDelete