Sunday 11 September 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 27

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 5 Civil War Part 2




Sponsored Chapter



— — —



The night after hearing the news about the civil war. I was in agony as I lay on the bed in my room.


Was my decision regarding the Byakudai Family correct? Wasn't there a better solution? These thoughts circled in my head.


Of course, it is right to stay out of it, considering the interests and rationale of Foranada and Caron’s future. Orca, in my opinion, was fully prepared for this, so there should have been no room for further objections.


But the image of Orca's powerless smile that flashes through my mind continues to bother me.


Every time I remember that face, I feel a strong tugging at the back of my chest. I just couldn't bring myself to take the next step easily.


Nevertheless, the only way to dispel his worries was for the Foranada Family to directly intervene in the civil war.


It was nearly impossible to outwit Count France's faction, which had been meticulously planning a civil war. As a result, no matter how hard we tried, our intervention would eventually be discovered. We would suffer a number of disadvantages if this occurred.


No matter how much I thought about it, it went in circles. If we stood up for that side, they would not stand up for us. It’s natural, but when I actually fall into that situation, it’s a hopeless situation.


As I continued my inconclusive thoughts, I let out a deep breath.




“What am I worried about? I've known this for a long time, right?”




That’s right. The civil war occurred in the game, in other words, I knew it all along.


After I found out that this world was similar to the game, I decided to keep out of the civil war. It's too late to turn that around, saying, “Because I feel guilty because I've deepened my relationship with him more than I expected.”


Should I have acted with the intention of intervening in the civil war from the beginning?


—I’ve thought about it. I'm sure that the Foranada, as it is now, can brush off some of the difficulties. I’m also confident that we can handle some of the obstruction from the Monotheistic faction.


However, there is always the possibility that something will occur. I couldn't bring myself to risk getting involved in unnecessary dangers when I imagined Caron might be harmed as a result of that contingency.


I don't want to ever again experience the regret of having my loved ones being taken away in front of me again…


That’s right, I've made the decision in my head, and I understand that there is a limit to the number of lives I can save.


But I couldn't control my emotions. I'm a mentally mature adult, and yet I'm in this mess. I’m sick and tired of my own patheticness. If I were the all-powerful protagonist of the story, I wouldn't be this miserable.



*Knock* *Knock*



I was rolling around my bed, unable to sleep, when there was a knock on the door of my room.


I then stopped and looked toward the door.



However, nothing happened other than a knock.



Strange. If it was a maid on night duty, she would have called out after the knocking.



The possibility of an intruder crossed my mind—but that would be impossible. If it was an intruder, they wouldn’t have gone to the trouble of making their presence known, and even if it was a decoy, the lack of movement after that was too unnatural.



As a result, I discarded the idea that it was an intruder, and it was also not a maid, leaving me with few options.





“Caron, what’s wrong?”





The only people who would visit my room late at night are Caron and Orca. There were only two choices left, but I went with my gut feeling.


Was my intuition correct?




““..........””




None of us opens our mouths, and only silence flows.


However, that didn’t last long.




“...Onii-sama, may I come in…?”




I heard Caron's voice with a hint of hesitation. It seems my hunch was right.


Hearing so, I got up from the bed and opened the door with my own hand.


Then, right in front of me was Caron, dressed in her nightwear, looking down. The maid on night duty was standing right next to her, and silently bowed to me.




“Come inside for now.”

“Yes…”




I urged Caron to enter my room.


If this had been a man or woman of marriageable age, the maid would have stopped us, but we were seven years old. We didn't get any warning, partly because the atmosphere was heavy.


After telling Caron to sit on a chair, I also take a seat across from her. Then I asked her again the same question I said earlier.




“What’s wrong?”

“.........”




In contrast, she remained silent with a downcast look on her face. I sensed the same hesitation from her as when she entered the room.


This was very unusual. If it was the usual Caron, she would have immediately responded to my question. There had never been a time, as far as I could remember when she hesitated like this.


However, it seemed that Caron was aware that she could not remain silent all the time. After taking a few breaths, she then slowly began to speak.




“…I would like to talk to you about Orca's family, Baron Byakudai’s house.”

“As I thought.”




The most recent topic she hesitated to talk about would be nothing but the civil war.


Then, I listened to Caron's words while giving her a moderate nod.




“Wouldn't it be possible to send reinforcements to the civil war this time? It pains me greatly to say no to Onii-sama’s decision, but I just can't agree to it this one time…”




Caron said so with her shoulders trembling. If I looked closely, I could see that she had both of her fists clenched tightly in her lap.




“It’s making me feel frustrated to make Orca express himself like that. I can't stand to see him smiling, forcing himself to suppress the pain, the sadness, and the bitterness that is grieving in his heart.”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Caron expressed her feelings with a sorrowful expression on her face.


I understand and sympathize with her feelings, and If I could, I'd want to help Orca get rid of his problems. I was worried about that until a few minutes ago.


However, in an aristocratic society, it wasn’t easy.




“If I let my emotions get the better of me here, there will be few allies left in the Foranada family. Even the neighboring fiefdoms are suspicious. The faction of the nobles who brought the civil war to Orca's family’s house is that powerful.”




Furthermore, according to information provided by our spies, Count France's side is extremely well-organized. His faction will not be held responsible for the outcome of the civil war. That’s why I think now that the civil war started with impunity.


Count Garbauda's faction was already dead. Even if he miraculously survived, I heard that there are some charges prepared against him, and no matter how much he tries to struggle, it's futile.


That’s why I cannot make the decision to jump into such territory recklessly. I have something that I must protect first and foremost. With Caron in front of me, my will become stronger.




““.........””




We stared at each other in silence, not taking a single step toward each other.


Come to think of it, this is the first time I've seen us, siblings, confront each other like this. I guess it was a sign that Caron was growing up under the influence of those around her, but I couldn't honestly rejoice because of the situation. I would have liked to see her grow in other ways.



“You mentioned it before, didn't you, Onii-sama?”

“What is it?”




I asked back, suspicious of the sudden change of topic.


In response, she continued in a calm manner.




“On my way home the first day I stepped outside the castle. I got too excited and exhaust myself that I was so embarrassed that Onii-sama had to carry me back to the castle.”

“That did happen.”




I recall the memory, admiring how well she remembered it. Certainly, the event she mentioned existed.


But how does it connect to what we've been talking about?


I was getting more and more doubtful, but Caron then spun her words without hesitation.



“At that time, I was filled with a sense of apology. Because of my inadequacies, I had caused trouble for Onii-sama whom I respected so much. ‘I’m so sorry,’ ‘Sorry.’ I think I apologized many times.”

“Yes, but I—”

“—That’s right. But at that time Onii-sama said, ‘We're good siblings and we support each other.’”

“.........”




I couldn’t say anything.


I couldn't continue because I understood what she was trying to show me.


I knew what she was going to say next. Once she said it, I would have no choice but to reverse my decision.


But I didn’t have the strength to stop it.


Then, Caron said what I expected she would say.




“Me, Onii-sama, Orca. aren’t the three of us ‘Good siblings’? If that’s true, shouldn't Onii-sama and I support him when he’s suffering?”

“...Just as you said…”




I couldn’t counter her argument. I can't do that. If I did that, I would be lying to Caron, and she wouldn’t be able to rely on me in the future. As a result, there was a possibility that she would die. That was the last thing I wanted to do.


Then I remembered that I once said something to Orca, saying, “Caron and I are definitely on Orca's side. Because the three of us are siblings.”


At the time, I was just trying to improve our relationship with Orca, but there was nothing false about it. I said that I was on his side from the bottom of my heart.


If that's the case, my current decision must be considered a betrayal.


Caron's words are exactly right. Siblings who are close to each other should support one another.


I can deal with issues like practical benefits, making more enemies, and so on later. Right now, I had to make a decision that was best for my adoptive brother.


I took a deep breath and smiled at Caron.




“I never thought that Caron would tell me what to do….You've grown up, as an older brother, I’m proud of you.”

“I'm Onii-sama’s little sister, so that’s only natural!”




Caron puffed her chest out as she said that, which was so adorable.


Truly, Caron had grown into a wonderful human being. She may have failed as an aristocrat, but she had a firm understanding of what was important as a human being.


The way she wished for the happiness of others without hesitation at her own disadvantage was exactly like a Saint.


While praising my beloved sister as much as I can, I called the maid who was waiting in front of the doorway.



“Gather the executives. We will now hold a meeting to discuss the rescue operation of Baron Byakudai and his family. The situation is time sensitive, so call them quickly.”

“I-I understand!”



The maid was stunned, but she appeared to be an excellent maid because she was on duty at the castle, and she quickly left the room.




“We’re going to be bust from now on.”

“It’s for Orca, so let’s do our best!”




Caron responded to my lighthearted remarks as if she was fully motivated.


The figure of her raising her fists was adorable like an angel.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 18/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






11 comments:

  1. hmm, i think this decision is bad for the current foranada family, i was hoping that the MC wouldn't interfere in this civil war. But in long terms, it would definitely affect the relationship between the 3 siblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruh, I feel everythings shit already, dunno why I am still continuing with this bullshit but I wanna see them as teenagers but this crap tho

      Delete
  2. why not Assassinate the Enemy Count whole Family?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm.... cant he snipe the france whole family and be done with it? He can snipe them from 1km away. He only needs to disguise himself in case he is seen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, it annoys me so much that he can't stick to one decision he makes whenever a 6 year old child goes against him. He's supposed to be close to 40 years old. I don't mind the decision of helping Orca since I understand wanting to help family even if there are risks, but it's idiotic that he can't make that decision himself and he has to constantly be pushed around by people 30 years younger than him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “We’re going to be bust from now on.” > “We’re going to be busy from now on.”

    Lol, bust

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time for war!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, what an absolute pushover. He himself said it, this is a retarded decision that will result in temporarily saving one family only for 2 families to be slaughtered as a result. (The one they saved and his own). And yet one request from his sister and he rolls over like the good little spineless dormat that he is.

    This means that either
    A: It was never a concern, and he actually has a method to save them without bringing ruin to his own family.
    B: He's just a hotheaded idiot and plot armour will have to save him hard.

    Neither options appeal to me. Case A would have been fine, but only if HE came to that decision, not getting pressured into it. It feels lame that this is a decision that was made for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why he allowed them to hear everything, that's mostly a situation to the family,it affects Orca family but if he interfere directly it would be dangerous.

    He can just save them if he really feels bad for Orca but without anyone finding out about it and of course he has to hide the fact they are alive

    ReplyDelete