Sunday 11 September 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 26

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 5 Civil War Part 1


Regular Chapter


Tired: Thank you very much for the donation Lecarm!



— — —



Ever since the three of us hunted demonic beasts together, I regularly had Caron and Orca accompany me on my subjugation commission. I know that if I don't do this, I will be pestered later on, but after all, there’s no way to earn experience points than through actual combat.


The truth that they’re still not ready for actual battle remains the same. However, it’s not so much to force them to do so as to discourage their own motivation. The reason why I let them accompany me is that I have selected those commissions so that I can cope with unforeseen situations that might show up.


Thus, the three of us grew steadily. We've only been hunting about five times in a month, but my level is 40, Caron's is 30, and Orca's is 27. All of us have increased our levels by two to three levels. The results of hunting demonic beasts were amazing. Training alone would not have raised their level by even one point in such a short time.


After another day of hunting, we returned to the castle. Although their levels did not increase, Caron and Orca's experience points were well accumulated.




“Hmm?”




In front of the castle gate, I felt something strange. Is there some kind of problem inside the castle?


I stopped and wondered, and then Caron asked me worriedly,




“Is something wrong, Onii-sama?”

“No…it's nothing.”




She didn't seem to notice anything. I thought it was just my imagination, but there was definitely commotion.


Furthermore, when I looked at Orca, he appeared nervous and silent. He seemed to be picking up on the abnormality inside because of his keen perception.


Sounds like a troublesome situation.


Suppressing a mood that was about to turn gloomy, I resumed walking. I called out to the gatekeeper and returned to the castle with a tense look on my face.


Then, Shion with a stern expression on her face came running to us without a pause after entering the castle. I hope she doesn't fall down on the way and ruin the seriousness of the situation, but she looks very flustered and approached me.




“Zechs-sama! I was just about to send a message to you…!”




I’m now convinced that a piece of bad news has finally arrived.


She’s a clumsy girl, but she’s very good at pretending to be a cool beauty on the outside. The only time she breaks her cool-headed mask is when she’s in a critical situation.


I was about to open my mouth to ask her about the situation when I suddenly remembered the two people behind me. I didn't want to reveal any disturbing information to my adorable younger siblings.




“You two, please go back to your rooms.”

“Zechs-sama, I think it would be better if both of them hear it this time…”




When I gave instructions to Caron and Orca, Shion said something that was the opposite of what I wanted them to do. Furthermore, the timing was almost perfect. It was unusual behavior for her, who strives to be a capable maid.


Suspiciously, I looked at Shion's expression.


And then I realized that her gaze was glancing toward one of them. With that information alone, I could predict what kind of incident had occurred.


If my guess is correct, then Shion's proposal makes sense. However, I really don't know if I should tell him because It might be shocking for him.


While I was wondering whether or not to tell him, I felt a tug on the hem of my sleeve


I looked and saw Orca standing beside me.




“Zechs-nii, I'll be fine.”




His voice sounded as if it was about to disappear. It was as if he knew what was happening…




“Perhaps…”




With a huff, I looked at the top of his head. There, his reddish-brown fox ears were twitching.


Seeing so, I put my hand on my forehead.


I'd forgotten that beastmen have sharper senses than humans. They are so much more sensitive than humans that they can serve as scouts without using magic.


He probably overheard what someone in the castle was talking about with his own sense of hearing. Is that why he was so silent earlier?


It’s a blunder, but it can’t be helped. I should have known the specs of the beastmen beforehand, but I neglected to warn the servants about that.


I feel like holding my head in my hands, but it's not something I should be doing right now. Orca's reaction confirmed what I had expected. If that’s the case, then I must act quickly.




“Speak.”




I give a brief order to Shion.


In response, she responded by saying, “Yes.”



“In the northeastern region of the Holy Kingdom, a war broke out between nobles. It was set up by Count France and his four vassal Families. The ones who were attacked were Count Garbauda and his three vassal Families.”

“Garbauda…”



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




After hearing Shion's report, Caron lets out a speechless voice, and her gaze turned to Orca.


That’s right. Count Garbauda's vassal house includes Orca's family—Baron Byakudai.


This civil war was undoubtedly the same as the one described in the original game. It was an incident that caused a significant schism between the races within the Holy Kingdom.


The circumstances are simple. The monotheistic France Family had long been displeased with their neighbors, the Garbauda Family. They even harbored a hatred for the Galbauda Family, whom they hoped to destroy someday. Now, they have only put their hatred into action.


In the game, it ended with a complete victory on France’s Family’s side. All the nobles on the Garbauda Family side are killed or reduced to slavery, and most of the people are slaughtered. It was a war full of blood and tears


This war affects several characters other than Orca, but let's not get into that.


The question is whether or not I should be involved in the civil war.


I had a spy lurking around to get information, just in case, but I'm still wondering if I should intervene directly.


To be honest, the outcome of the civil war has little to do with my goal—Which is to avert Caron's death. Various hatreds will be directed toward the nobility, but not against Caron alone.


In addition, intervening, in this case, would bring the monotheist's attention to us. They would have let us off the hook if we had at least adopted Orca (their youngest child), but our direct help would be perceived as being us completely on the polytheistic faction’s side.


And that’s not a great development. Caron, who possesses the Light attribute, is frequently targeted by a large number of people. Then with the monotheistic faction, which covers half of the two factions, we would be surrounded by enemies. That’s why being neutral is the easiest to deal with.


Considering the practical advantages, there is nothing to worry about. The Foranada is located southwest of the Holy Kingdom, and the fire’s on the other side of the river.


Still, Orca is a big reason why I was still worried about the situation. He has become an important family member over the past year, and I would like to help him save his own family.


I was torn between pragmatism and emotion. Both were so important to me that I could not make a quick decision.




“Zechs-nii, please don’t worry about it. The Foranada does not need to give the Byakudai any assistance.”




Orca, perhaps realizing my conflict, said something to that effect.

Then it was Caron, of all people, who took a swipe at him.




“That’s no good! Your family could be killed, so why do you say you don't want our help!?”

“It's all right. I had discussed this with my father and siblings beforehand, so…I was prepared for this to happen…”




Orca's smile filled with loneliness made everyone here hold their breath.


As I thought, he was prepared to get adopted.


I had somehow expected this because I had a hint of it. But to hear it directly from his own mouth was a big shock.


After being told this much, I knew what I was going to do.




“Shion, Tell the spies to continue gathering information. Unnecessary interference is strictly prohibited.”

“...Are you sure…?”

“Yeah.”

“I understand.”



After receiving my order, Shion quietly left.


And the atmosphere between us siblings who were left behind was very heavy.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 21/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






15 comments:

  1. 👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. 👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. 👍👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  8. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Orca my precious 🥺

    ReplyDelete
  11. a story of 🏳️‍🌈 for 🏳️‍🌈 basically....

    ReplyDelete