Thursday 15 September 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 33

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 5 Civil War Part 8



Tired: Please turn off your ad blocker if possible, thank you!


Sponsored Chapter


— — —




Before crossing blades with Wessel, I activated [Appraisal].


Thanks to my increased mastery of Mind Magic, the range of my [Appraisal] had expanded. I could now measure not only the level but also the approximate strength of the opponent's skills.


Let's see, Wessel's level was…50….As expected, he was much stronger than me.


I was a little more skilled when it comes to magic, but his swordsmanship was far superior to mine. The difference between us was like Earth and Heaven that it would be difficult to deceive him with small tricks.


As one would expect from a family that has produced “Sword Saints” for generations. I, who was mostly self-taught, would be treated like a baby.


So as I originally planned, I would have to avoid head-on combat and attack with magic.


First, I would fight him using my dagger, then I would use [Shoot] as a surprise attack, an—




“Wha!?!?!?”




Just a few moments. It was only for a moment that my attention wandered away from Wessel.


Even so, I realized that the enemy was right in front of me. Furthermore, he raised his buster sword to the sky as if about to deliver a powerful blow.


I was stunned, but I quickly came to my senses. If I stood still, I would be cut in half.


I immediately cast [Prediction]. Then I read the trajectory of Wessel's attack and threw myself in the opposite direction.


I didn’t think about avoiding it cleanly. Against such a strong opponent, I couldn't take my time.


Immediately after evading, his great sword struck the ground and exploded with a kaleidoscope of fire. A heat wave spreads around the area, and the aftermath caresses my cheek. The slight heat was enough to injure me with light burns.


It was more powerful than I had imagined. I said I was better at magic, but Wessel's was a different direction. He has abandoned all skill and focuses entirely on power. He also uses wind magic, another aptitude of his, only as a supplement to his fire magic.


However, the power specialization was focused on magic. As for swordsmanship, it was the exact opposite.


The first strike. It looked like a forceful swing, but it was in fact a very skillful technique. It wasn’t possible for me, in the midst of my [Body Strengthening], to perform the entire sequence of steps and sword fights without being aware of it, with ordinary skill.


It seems that Wessel's fighting style was to support his solid swordsmanship with firepower-specific magic.


After all, the game and reality were very different. Through the screen, he looked like a mere battle maniac, but when I met him in person, I realized that he was a sophisticated swordsman. If I rely too heavily on my knowledge about the game, it would undoubtedly backfire on me.


I rolled on the ground to distance myself from the enemy and readied my dagger.


thought a follow-up attack would come soon, but he remained in a sword-swinging posture. Slowly, he pulls out his gem, which was stuck in the ground.


When I looked at him suspiciously to see what was going on, Wessel smiled at me.




“Hee~ You’re pretty good! Even if it's a little clumsy, it's amazing that you were able to avoid Faebern's one-hit-kill sword! This is more than what I had expected. I'm enjoying the best fight of my life right now!”




Wessel began to speak with an ecstatic expression on his face.


Apparently, the previous blow was like a special move. He seems to have recognized me as a worthy opponent for avoiding it.


Damn, seriously? Being recognized as a worthy opponent of a battle maniac(berserker)? That sounds like a declaration that he would continue to chase me until one of us dies. I wish he hadn't done that...


Lamenting won't change the situation that was happening, but it won't stop me from feeling something akin to complaining.




“Haaa…”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




I let out a sigh and change my mind.


What has happened can't be helped. I had intended to buy time for Caron and the others to escape, but I had no choice but to settle the matter here.


I have a lot of disadvantages, but it doesn't mean I'm going to lose. I have strengths that he doesn't have, so I’m going to make the most of them and fight.


Wessel repositioned his greatsword and attempted another attack. It was probably the same technique as before, which instantly closes our distance.


But I am not so naive that I could be beaten by the same move. This time, since I had already activated [Prediction], I was able to grasp Wessel's trajectory.


He appeared to be running straight into me. Was it the same one he did before?


Despite the fact that it was only a rush, I was surprised that I couldn't follow it with my eyes, but I began to move. If I waited for him to make a move before moving, I wouldn’t be able to do everything in time.


Simultaneously with my movement, Wessel's figure disappeared. And the next moment, he appeared right in front of me, swinging his great sword high in the air.


This time, I wasn’t distracted. I moved backward to avoid the unleashed head-on slash. From there, I stepped forward and unleashed a double volley of daggers.


At this rate, I would be caught in a fire magic explosion, but I had already taken countermeasures against it. When the explosion occurs, if I put up a Mana wall around my body, I should be able to prevent at least one blow.


As expected of Faebern. He sensed my attack and leaned his body backward even though his center of gravity was completely down. Because of the reach, the blade wouldn’t be able to reach him at this point.


However, I had already predicted that.


I materialized the Mana I had put into the dagger and extended the blade.


This was the same Mana blade that I used to hunt bandits in the past. Because the distance between us was quickly closed, there was no way he could see through this at first sight.


Immediately after feeling a certain response, an explosion of fire magic enveloped me.


I took a step back as the flames and smoke obscured my vision. Then, in a battle stance, I looked to see if Wessel was still in the area.


The explosion subsides in a few seconds.


When the smoke cleared, standing there was Wessel, who was bleeding profusely from both shoulders. The response was clear: he had been mortally wounded.


I had suspected that he had been prevented by some means, but I finally felt a sense of relief in my heart.


The battle had shifted in my favor.


Since his weapon was a large sword, it would be extremely difficult to wield it with both of his shoulders, which were mortally wounded. The battle maniac would probably continue to fight, but it would surely have a negative impact on him.


I should aim for that opening without panicking.




“AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!”




Despite being deeply wounded, Wessel was laughing loudly and his cheeks were eerily lifted while doing so.




“You really are the best!!! I didn't expect the blade to extend. What's with that skill? I've been in a lot of battles and I've never seen that before. I'd like to learn it if you don't mind?”




Wessel asked me as if he was talking to a longtime friend.


He must be enjoying this battle from the bottom of his heart. He was genuinely thrilled to witness a skill he had never seen before.


I mean, how could he be laughing when both shoulders are on the verge of amputation? If he was a normal human being, he would be seriously injured, and incapable of fighting. It would be difficult to treat it unless he was a Light-Attribute magician.


Except for Light Magic, the treatment methods in this world were not much different from those in my previous life. There were potions, but they were mostly used to replenish Mana.


Getting back to the subject.


I replied to Wesel who was having fun. But, the answer was my [Shoot] spell.


I fired a Mana bullet from the index finger of my right hand, which was lifted up for a moment, like an expert in a rapid-fire shooting.


The magic bullet heads toward Wessel at subsonic speed, piercing his skull—




“Oooh~, you can do this kind of magic? What was that? You seem to have a lot of tricks I don't know!”




—Or It was supposed to.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 6/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






6 comments:

  1. Well... guess one shooting high level people is not possible loo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thought a follow-up attack would come soon > I thought a follow-up attack would come soon

    ReplyDelete