Saturday 19 November 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 62

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 3 — Magic Teacher Part 4



— — —


The days leading up to the meeting had been extremely busy, with the Count returning to his estate and the investigation about Curtis, in addition to my daily duties.


I was exhausted. In particular, the Count's unpredictable behavior kept me on the edge of my seat, and I couldn't have had enough of it no matter how many times I experienced it. I should pay special allowances to the subordinates who cooperated with us in various ways. The regular salary was not worth it for their hard work.


At any rate. At the castle, where peace had returned for a while, magic classes finally began. We, three siblings, and Curtis were all together in the center of the courtyard.




“I would like to start the magic lecture now. Caroline-san and Orca-san, please give me your regards.”

“”...Please take care of us.””




Because he left my name out naturally, I told the two of them to ignore it. It was good that I had prompted them with a look, but I wish they would brush up on their “Read the air” skill a little. Even so, I'm sure he knew from prior research that my younger siblings adore me. Is this guy really trying to gain their trust?


‘Isn't he too assertive for a spy?’ With this doubt in my mind, I listened to Curtis' lecture.


I was curious to know how someone so elite as a Court Magician would teach magic. Because of my Mon-attribute, most of my magic learning was self-taught through trial and error. I might not be able to do it, but Caron and Orca might get something out of it.


Curtis, paying no heed to the heavy atmosphere, began to talk.




The two of you who have already mastered the intermediate level know that magic is an art that is manifested through the five steps of [Absorb], [Conversion], [Design], [Release], and [Create]. There are some unscrupulous ones that call themselves using magic without being able to [Create] but we don't call them magic to be precise.”


…What he said was right, but I seriously want to tell him to read the mood. The air was already heavy, but now it was even tighter because of his disparaging remarks about Non-attribute Magic (My aptitude). If I hadn't restrained them, they would have attacked by now. Give me a break.


As expected, Curtis continued without showing any sign of concern.



“ [Absorb], [Conversion], [Release], and [Create] are skills that are innate to the body, so there is no need to explain them in detail. What is important in magic is [Design]. How detailed an image of the magic you wish to invoke is important. This directly affects the completeness of the magic.”

“””........”””




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




I struggled to keep from raising an eyebrow. I guessed the other two were probably in the same boat.


It was true that the most important item in the activation of magic was [design]. But that does not mean that the other four processes should be neglected. It was a skill that could be handled without training, but it does not mean that it cannot be improved.


Yet, this was the same view in general teaching. Somehow, it diverges from my own teaching. What could be the reason?


Maybe it was because improving technical skills other than [Design] doesn't bring visible results in improving the degree of perfecting magic. It was possible that the initial evaluation of “Low Priority” has changed to “Not necessary” over time.


I should look into it in the future when I have more time.




“In other words, magic is more about images than anything else. Therefore, I will be teaching mainly through practical skills, with a modicum of classroom learning. I can handle all four attributes except light and darkness, so please observe the magic I invoke to your heart's content.”




Curtis concluded confidently.


On the other hand, we have subtle expressions on our faces.


I knew that general magical training is primarily about apprenticeship, but I was taken aback by how brief the explanation was. It didn't say anything special about the importance of the five processes mentioned earlier. I guess I was expecting a little too much when I heard that a Court Magician was going to be the teacher.


By the way, 80% of the training that the three of us were doing was classroom lectures and meditation. Through classroom study, we acquire knowledge of natural laws to supplement our imagery, and through meditation, we aim to increase our efficiency outside of [Design] and [Create]. This was the content of rational magical training that I had discovered through my own research.


But It was the exact opposite. While my training was based on theory, general training appeals to the senses.


I guess it depends on the person as to which was best. If a person wasn’t good at classroom lectures, the general one would be more effective. However, I think I’m the one who could meet many needs. At least, the three of us were comfortable with the theoretical armamentarium.


Leaving the rest of us in a daze, Curtis began his practice session.




“Let's start with fire magic. [Flare Lance]!”




At the same time as he chants the activation phrase. At the tip of his upraised hand, a flaming spear, about three meters in diameter, was born. The roaring flames scorched the surrounding grass even as it stood in mid-air.


He was a court magician, so he could manipulate magic without any hesitation. The activation speed was fast, and the power was also “reasonably” high.


But—




“...Onii-sama.”

“Zechs-nii…”

“I know.”




I immediately shook my head in pity at Caron and Orca's voices.


I understand what the two of them were trying to say as if, “Ehh…Aren’t his Flare Lance too weak?”


The representation was playful, but the content was serious. The magic that Curtis unleashed was only slightly stronger than Caron’s the same magic. A Court Magician of this world was almost on the same level as a seven-year-old child.


For my part, I’m not surprised.


Based on my knowledge of the game, I had a rough idea of Curtis’—a Court Magician— ability to a certain extent. For the magicians of this world, Curtis was a very powerful man, and Caron and Orca, who were at the same level at the moment, were extraordinary.


This was also a result of the training I have been imposing on them. I don't make them work as hard as I do, but I have them both undergo high-level training. It was only natural that their magic skills, combined with their original talents, would be outstanding.


Caron and Orca are surprised because I did not tell them about the difference in their abilities. I was concerned that they might get carried away because I had taught them poorly. It was almost a precautionary measure.


While we were exchanging glances, Curtis was also demonstrating intermediate earth magic. This was just as good as the previous fire magic.




“Now it's your turn. Imagine the magic I showed you and try to cast it. Oh, you're a Non-attribute, so you'll get to see it. You should be proud to witness real magic up close.”




The fact that Curtis made the mocking remark to me was quite comical. The fact that he was unaware of his own stupidity was a blessing or a curse.


Well, thanks to that, Caron and Orca’s anger has subsided, so let's just say it was fine.


Caron and Orca were able to take it easy for me, and the first lesson ended without any real fuss.


Unfortunately, we didn’t gain any new knowledge, but I think it was a good thing that both of them were able to recognize where we stood in terms of strength.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this teacher get humiliated.
    Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for reading Villainess' Brother on this site, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. I like how he is so pathetic that the siblings can',t even continue to get mad at him.

    It's on the level of a toddler throwing a tantrum whaling on your legs because they are the maddest and do not have any clue that they are attempting utter futility.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Ehh…Aren’t his > “Ehh…Isn’t his

    ReplyDelete