Wednesday 16 November 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 61

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 3 — Magic Teacher Part 3




— — —



It was past noon and signaling the time for the meeting. The Court Magician was already waiting in the reception room, and we, the three siblings, and Shion were in front of the room.




“That person can't even keep the promised time?”




Caron uttered this with a stern expression on her face and a furrowed brow.


“That person” refers to the Count, of course. It was very rare for Caron to speak ill of others, and because of it Orca and Shion looked at her with somewhat surprised expressions.


Seeing so, I couldn’t help but let out a sigh. I had guessed from the way she refused to talk to the Count, but it seems that Caron was still rooted in her childhood when she was rarely cared for. Perhaps she thinks that he has abandoned his parental duties.


In fact, she was justified in her resentment, since it was as good as abandoned. So, as long as her anger does not go in the wrong direction, I do not intend to point out anything wrong with it.


Nevertheless, I could not overlook it under the current circumstances.




“Caron.”

“...!? I-I’m sorry, Onii-sama…”




When I called out to her, Caron immediately apologized with slumped shoulders.


…I mean, I haven't said anything yet, but did she already understand what I was trying to warn her about?


When I questioned her about it, she haughtily nodded her head.




“O-Of course, I misspoke in the presence of a customer. I will be careful from now on.

“All right. If you’re reflecting on it, I guess it’s fine.”



I guess I didn't need to worry. If she had properly realized it on her own, I don't need to lecture her any more than necessary.


However, I've felt for some time that both Karon and Orca were sensitive to the mood I was in when I was lecturing them. Every time I called out to them to warn them, they would become startled and behave suspiciously.


…I wonder if I'm that scary? I'm not yelling at them or intimidating them with a smile. I'm mostly trying to explain the bad points in a simple way.


As I was thinking that maybe I should rethink my preaching style a bit, the person that we’ve been waiting for finally showed up.




“Fumu, it looks like everyone is here. I'm impressed.”




The count looks around at everyone and nods in satisfaction.


I don't think those were the words a latecomer should say, but calm down, Caron. Don't point such a sharp gaze at him. You are level 37 now, and the Count, who was no more than an ordinary person, will faint in one shot.


Fortunately, the Count didn't notice Caron's gaze, so I patted her on the back to calm her down.


She seemed to still have a reason to heed my advice, and she let out a small sigh and kept her eyes down.


Sighing that her dislike of the Count was more than I had expected, I called out to him. If I left it at this point, he was likely to spit out an unnecessary line.




“Father. We’re already late, let's go inside.”

“Yes, I suppose it is. It would be rude to keep them waiting.”

“......”




I know how you feel, and I'll hear you complain later, but for now, just be quiet, Caron.




“Zechs-nii.”




As the Count was about to enter the room, Orca, who has been following behind him, mutters. The tone of his voice was a mixture of dismay and anxiety.


I guess he got a good grasp of the Count's personality in this short period of time. I could understand his feelings painfully.


So, I just smiled bitterly and shortly replied, “Don't worry.”


Orca's trust in me was enough to put my mind at ease. That’s why I must do my best not to betray it.


Tightening my resolve, I followed the Count who was leading the way.


However, there was a shocking sight in the reception room that instantly blew away my resolve.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




“I apologize for keeping you waiting. I’m Count Dramagal Vanced San Foranada.”

“No, no. Thank you for taking the time to see me. My name is Curtis Fortes y Tan Sawade. I am the eldest son of Viscount Sawade, and I am the youngest of the Court Magicians. I look forward to working with you today.”

“Umu, it is a pleasure to meet you.”




A man claiming to be a court magician shook hands with the Count with a smile. But, I had to raise my guard to the limit when I recognized him because his entire body was almost entirely covered in [Disguise].


Curtis Fortes y Tan Sawade, age 20. He was the eldest son of the Viscount Sawade family and a genius who was appointed as a Court Magician upon his graduation from the Academy. He wasn’t only gifted in magic, but also excelled in other areas, and was renowned as one of the most promising magicians in the world.


He was a handsome, fresh-looking man with celadon hair and reddish brown eyes. He was well-liked by his colleagues because of his good communication skills.


This was the information gathered in the preliminary investigation. He was also described in the survey as an impeccably good-looking young man.


Therefore, everyone in the castle was reassured that a decent-looking person would be dispatched.


But I was different. I knew that this was only the front page.


That’s right. Curtis was an antagonist who appeared on the saint side of the game—the Second Prince route.


As a matter of fact, he has an extreme meritocracy. He was friendly to the elite who work in the royal castle, but he shows a cold face to those who are a little lower in rank. It wass so intense that it was caustic and abusive.


It was the worst possible choice of people. The royal court probably chose him for his good looks, his magic skills, and his age and proximity to Caron, but how could they have chosen such a spiteful person?


She had grown up to be a kind and gentle child who cared for others, but if she got involved with a son of a b*tch like Curtis, she would be influenced in a strange way. I had to avoid that.


That was why I made a lot of arrangements before he arrived. We had to set up a schedule so that they would not have any contact with each other outside of class, strictly ordered the servants to never leave them alone together, and gathered evidence of Curtis' misdeeds in case he did anything wrong. In any case, we made thorough preparations.


I was convinced that I had made all possible preparations to welcome him into our place


—But when he actually arrived, he was a suspicious man with a [Disguise] that covered everything but his hair and eyes.


How could such a surprise be possible? It was completely beyond my expectations.


However, I cannot be sure that the person in front of me was a fake Curtis. After all, there are very few people in this world who can see through [Disguise].


…If this is the case, I should have at least met him beforehand.


Well, it was no use crying over spilled milk. The fact that I had refrained from contact with Curtis in order to avoid suspicion backfired on me. If I had known about the [Disguise] in advance, I could have made other preparations.


However, what has happened can't be helped. For now, we have no choice but to make the best of the situation.


I looked at Caron, Orca, and Shion, who were as shocked as I was, and signaled to them to calm down. I had to refrain from using mental magic since it was quicker, but since he could use [Disguise], there was a risk that he would detect something.


It took a little while, but the three of them managed to get themselves together. It may have been a little unnatural, but I think it was still within the realm of excusable.


After each of them, except for Shion, had finished their introductions, we sat down on the sofa. The Count and Curtis sat facing each other, and I, Caron, and Orca sat next to the Count in that order.


After some time had elapsed, the conversation turned to the main topic of the day, magic classes.




“Well then, let me ask you a few questions to help me decide what to teach.”

“””Yes.”””




Curtis acknowledged our three replies and continued.



“First of all, please tell me the magic that has the maximum firepower you can cast.”

“Intermediate-level fire magic [Flame Blast].”

"Intermediate-level earth magic [Stone Spike].”

“Since it has no attributes, it cannot handle firepower magic.”



Caron, Orca, and I answered in that order.


Of course, what we answered was a lie. With the exception of me, Caron and Orca have already mastered a couple of advanced magic.




“Caron-san seems to have manifested light magic, but how many magic spells can you handle at present?”

“There are four: [Light Ball], [Heal], [Toughness], and [Area Heal].”

“I see…”




That was also a lie. Instead of four, she remembers more than three times that amount of magic spells.


Incidentally, there were no questions for me at all. In addition, he did not make eye contact with me at all.


The way things have been going so far, it seems like the Curtis I know. Well, if he wanted to be a spy, he would work diligently to gain trust first.


The meeting ended without creating any disturbances, except for the incident about the [Disguise]. We parted ways with the Count, Curtis, and the others, and began our activities according to our schedule.


I reminded my younger siblings to avoid contact with Curtis.


A new problem regarding Curtis has surfaced. For the time being, we will be busy investigating him.


I let out a sigh inwardly and hurried to the office.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






5 comments:

  1. What a pain... I honestly expected it was a woman with the disguise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karon > Caron
    Sighing that her dislike of the Count was more > Sighing because of her dislike towards the Count was more
    “Since it has no attributes, it cannot handle firepower magic.” > “Since I have no attributes, I cannot handle firepower magic.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serious question why this guys need a teacher in first place,for someone that learned to use light magic that is one of the rares without teacher is just ridiculous

    ReplyDelete