Saturday 19 November 2022

The Heroine Has Her Eyes on Me as Her Brother's Wife - Chapter 33

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation


Phew. It was nothing.

I sighed with relief, squinting at the red books placed up there. The aftermath of the original novel was too great. You can’t read a book like that yet. Haha. I reached out and picked the book that Rachel wanted. 

“Here.”

“Thank you!”

How can you be so polite? 

A happy face appeared on its own. 

Rachel sat down in a chair on one side and opened the book. The red eyes that were visible under the hood were sharp. 

‘Okay. Then I, too…’

I examined the bookshelf. 

‘In fact, if you want to know about the human region, it’s better to listen to someone who has experienced it.’

The question is, where do you find such a person? 

In the North, half of the people who lived in the forest had no choice but to rely on books. But, since that day, I have not been able to find a single book about the human region. 

‘Who bought all of it? Why can’t I find any?’

I can’t get information without those books. 

I let out a small sigh. 

I should go to another bookstore.

Thinking like that, I shifted my attention to other books. 

I saw the red books beckoning me to come closer.

I frowned lightly. It reminded me of the book I bought the other day. 

‘I’m annoyed just by thinking of it.’

What red book? I’ll probably do a better job in writing one. Such were words that came from a person who was momentarily possessed and made an impulse purchase. 

Well, the book was provocative in its own way. It was about a hyena beast. But it wasn’t suited to my taste. The so-called manly? Yeah. That's all good.

‘But a man should have a bit of a pitiful side.’

In front of the heroine, he has to be unconditional and afraid that he might be hated, and in the end, he should show tears. I imagine he would be the best male protagonist. 

‘Besides, if he’s pretty, then +100 points.’

My taste in the past life. It didn’t change. But what about it? It is the instinct of a woman who is also a wolf. I decided to be a little more imposing to my taste.

‘Therefore, that book is out!’

I shook my head resolutely and searched for another book. But there were only men who were pure ‘macho’. 

‘No, it shouldn’t be like that! They should be modest and pretty!’

These writers don’t know what’s trending!

It was when I unknowingly hit my chest in frustration.

Hmm. 

I turned my head towards a hot gaze.

“.....”

“.....”

I made eye contact with Rachel.

“.....”

A cold sweat ran down my back. 

You didn’t see it…?

I smiled awkwardly. 

Then Rachel smiled and held out a book as if she wanted praise.

“Sister, I was reading this. Look at this.”

I, who had a hardened figure, approached Rachel with a lighter smile. 

“You read it this fast?”

“Yes. There were only a few chapters. It was fun.”

“Yeah? So can you read this to Zion, too?”

I received the book Rachel was holding.

<When Disaster Opens Its Mouth>

"...Hey, did you read this?" 

"Yes! It's so much fun." 

No, what kind of book did you read?

I checked the part that Rachel was reading.

“…”

After silently closing the book, I quietly returned it to its original place. As expected of our dark female protagonist. I took Rachel out of there, pretending that everything was okay. 

“Sister, buy me this!”

Zion, who picked up the things he liked, looked at me with bright eyes. I glanced at the owner, placing all of the items to be paid on the counter. Then he groaned and gave strength to his neck. Then I asked him, who was in the midst of calculating. 

“I haven’t seen any books on the human region these days. Are they all sold out?”

The man answered, still keeping his eyes fixed on the objects. 

“It’s been a long time since they were all banned.”

“...Banned?” I asked again, forgetting to modulate my voice.

"Well, it's not a complete ban. It can be republished after a review." 

"No, it's suddenly designated as a forbidden book? Reading a book..." 

“It’s because more and more beasts are moving to the human realm, so...Why? What’s the reason?”

“....”

I shut my mouth, my feet numb. The man who didn't know anything continued talking with a sullen face. 

"That, what? The human king was very angry. So, he regulated it before it got worse. Well, even if it is regulated, all those who want to move will move anyway.”

"....." 

“The humans don’t know anyway.”

The man chuckled and returned the change.

Regulation. I bit my lip in nervousness. 

'I think I’ll end up living in the North like this?’ 

I was in trouble with a serious face. 

"Sister." 

It was when I was drowning in my thoughts. Rachel pulled the hem of my hood. 

"Yes?"

"What's wrong?" 

"Oh, nothing." 

I shook my head and took Rachel's hand. 

If I go to the human realm, I will not meet Rachel. Seeing that I was disappointed, I seemed to have given her affection before I knew it. I hugged Rachel tightly for no reason and left the general store. 

“Cold!”

“Wait a little longer. It’ll be warm when I get home.”

“It’s cold at home, too.”

On the way up to the forest, Zion whined and clung to me. As I patted Zion’s head gently, he looked up at me and asked with a subtle face. 

“Sister, you know.”

“Yes.”

“When is the older brother coming back?”

“Brother?”

“You know, handsome and rich brother.”

Did he mean Noelier? 

More than that, I know he’s handsome, but how did he know he was rich? 

I made a ridiculous expression, but Zion, who was as bright as ever, jumped around and twinkled his eyes full of anticipation. 

“I hope Brother comes often.”

“He’s busy, so it’ll be hard to come often.”

“Oh no! He must come to our house!” Zion said hastily and stopped.

Thanks to this, I stopped walking with Rachel. 

Zion glanced at Rachel once and said with a grim face, “He should come often? So Ruby and I, ugh!”

“Zion! It’s hot!”

Zion couldn’t finish his words because Rachel embraced Zion tightly.

Zion, who was about to fall backwards as it was, staggered and barely managed to center himself. I looked at the friendly mouse drops and smiled in relief. It seemed to have alleviated my exhaustion to some extent. 

‘But Noelier…’

Suddenly, his character in the novel came to my mind. After losing his heart to another wolf, he eventually dies without meeting his companion. That means I won’t burn to death right away. However, there is still some time left and the future will not change. After all, he still has only one heart. 

‘I hope he doesn’t die.’

Our worst first meeting was long forgotten. 

All of a sudden, I was hoping he wouldn’t die. 

It was then.

“Brother!”

Zion made a loud noise and ran.

“Noelier?”

He smiled brightly and embraced Zion who hugged him back. Zion murmured that it was always warm and rubbed his face against him. Rachel, his younger sister, stood by my side with a sullen face.

Why did he come all of a sudden?

I calculated the day we were supposed to meet. Maybe it was today or the day after tomorrow. 

Noelier, who held Zion lightly, approached us.

“Is today the promised day already?”

With my question, Noelier hesitated and then slowly shook his head.

“I was worried.”

“Worried?”

Are you talking about Rachel?

I looked down at Rachel who clung to my leg.

"......" 

"....."

The eyes of the dragon siblings met. They kept silent while looking at each other. 

“Hey…:

“What are you two doing?”

Zion and I stared at them back and forth as they exchanged glances.

Even if we met an enemy on a single wooden bridge, it didn’t seem like it would be colder than this. These two are siblings, right? 

It was then.

“Ugh, it’s hot.”

Rachel looked away first. Then, with a cute voice as if it had never happened, he rubbed her face against me and whined. 

"It's hot? Would you like a hug?" 

"Yes." Rachel smiled lovingly and spread her arms toward me. 

It was time to bend over to give her a proper hug. 

"Eve," Noelier called me. 

I bent down but looked at Noelier in an awkward position. 

“Yes?”

“Me too. I also feel feverish.”

“...Yes?”

He came towards me, blushing. 

Do you want me to pat your head again?

But the kids are here, too…

I looked at the children with embarrassment. 

My innocent little brother only poked his head and Rachel…

"......"

She was looking at her brother with a slightly annoyed face. It was the same face she had when I turned into a puppy. 

"Ha... that's not it." 

Rachel let out a small sigh, muttering and stroking the nape of her neck with her hand. Even though I was cooling her down, she was still stuffy because of the heat. It was time to share more power. 


“Ah.”

Noelier nodded with a grim look as if he had noticed something.

“Eve.”

As if asking to look at his side, he began unfastening  a button with his other arm without Zion. A fair but manly, thick neckline was revealed. And in the middle, the mana restraint that’s worn like a choker. 

An illustration from a novel came to my mind.

The appearance of the male protagonist who served the Queen.

"......!" 

The wolf's instincts were soaring!


--

Translator's Corner

It's been a long time! I'm sorry for taking so long.  I've been on vacation after I graduated and now, I'm currently job hunting. I won’t be able to update periodically as much as I would like, but I’ll try to squeeze in 2-3 chapters in my work schedule every month. 

Thank you!

RECAP: 
  • After Eve (MC) turned into a puppy-like wolf, Noelier (ML) became more brazen. 
  • Eve finds a book with a red tag on it (aka red book, meaning R-19 novels) and on impulse, purchases it. She also bought books about surviving among humans as a beast. Rachel saw it and felt betrayed. The child also the red book that Eve bought and sent a page to her brother.
  • Meanwhile, Noelier has been trying to match Eve’s taste (pretty, crying men), but he couldn’t do it well. 




Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






5 comments:

  1. Yay thanks for updating! I’ve missed this series. I hope your job hunting goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for updating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please translate again this web novel🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. please update! 😭

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your job hunting went well, and I hope you are able to get a living wage, good luck and thank you again for your wonderful translations.

    ReplyDelete