Tuesday 3 January 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 70

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 5 — Swade and Chromis Part 4



Tired: Belated Happy New Year To Everyone!!!



— — —



The whole city was dyed vermilion, and many stores began to close their doors. The people who used to come and go in the streets have also decreased in number, and the sparse shadows of people were swaying.


Shion and I were sitting side by side on a park bench, looking at the scenery that made me nostalgic. We were chatting leisurely as we were about to end our date.




“I had a good time~!”

“Is that so?”

“It's been a long time since I've spent so much time playing around.”

“Well, we've had a lot of matters to settle these days after all.”

“I know right? I just want to relax, but the people around me won't let me…”

“Zechs-sama is a serious person. I don't think it would be a bad thing if you relaxed a little more.”

“If I'm any less relaxed than I’m now, I'm going to get caught up in the conspiracy in no time.”




I laughed as I said so.


But Shon seemed to have a different intention. Suddenly she fell silent and bit her lip.


Then, with a slight tremor in his voice, he mutters–





“I’m very sorry for what happened, It’s my fault…”

“What are you apologizing for?”




I tilted my head at her sudden apology.


I tried my best to fawn at Shion, saying I didn't know what she was talking about, but she didn't seem to get the message. She shook her head with a somber look on her face.





“I understood that today’s day was to… encourage me…”





Well, it was a blatant invitation so It was kind of obvious.


As Shion said, I organized this date to cheer her up after she had become depressed.


I thought things were going well right up until the last minute, but looking at the way things were now, was it useless after all?




“This dat–outing with Zechs-sama was a lot of fun and it cleared my mind. There is no doubt about that.”




As if it was showing on her face, Shion uttered a follow-up like that and continued talking.





“I would like to apologize for yesterday's—no, my past betrayal.”

“Betrayal is it?”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




A dangerous word rolled into her mouth.


Since Curtis has been staying at the castle, he has had intelligence report every bit of information in the castle. Among them, Shion's betrayal must not have existed. I can't say for sure that I have a complete picture of everything, but still, her betrayal was hard to believe.


Nevertheless, the topic was too serious to dismiss as nonsense. I had to get the details out of her.



I looked straight at Shion and asked,




“Tell me about it.”

“Yes.”




She, in turn, returns my gaze and then begins to tell her story. The life of Shion Shuhira Chromis.





○●○●○●○●




In the dark side of the Holy Kingdom, a unit composed of elves has existed for a hundred years. They have been serving the Holy Kingdom since their grandfather's generation, two generations before Shion.


Why does the Holy Kingdom, which was a dog and monkey relationship with the elves, follow them? There was a mutual reason.


The Holy Kingdom’s side was trying to counter the Empire that was rising at the time. The power of the empire, which was based on a meritocracy, was immeasurable. To prevent the Holy Kingdom from being swallowed up by the Empire, various systems were established, including the Academy system. As part of this, they brought in elves who were more skilled in magic than humans into their ranks.


The reason on the elves' side was that there was no longer a place for them in their homeland, the Forest Nation. They had been nobles in their country, but they lost a political battle and were falsely accused of a crime. Because of this, the entire family had no choice but to flee the country, and in search of a safe haven, they joined the Holy Kingdom.


In other words, the Holy Kingdom and Shion's family joined forces because their interests were aligned. According to Shion, his grandfather's and father's generation felt a great debt of gratitude to the Holy King's family, so it may not be a simple matter of interest.


Being born into such a family, Shion has been trained as a spy ever since she could remember. She has learned information-gathering techniques and advanced studies to understand them, as well as combat training to prepare for any emergencies. She was given an emotional education that enabled her to cope with all kinds of situations.


However, her situation was somewhat complicated. After all, she was the child of the concubine of the head of the family. While there was pressure on her to excel as the child of the head of the family, she was also treated with disdain by those on his wife's side. She was also subjected to insidious harassment.


Despite the unfavorable environment, Shion continued to work hard and did not back down. Her mother died early and she had no other place to stay but with her father, so she trained hard to be accepted by them.


However, the reality was cruel.


As we all know, Shion was a clutz. No matter how many skills and techniques she mastered at a high level, she always made a series of mistakes at the critical moment. Because of this, she was labeled a failure by her family. She was treated as a helpless, inadequate child.


She was only the concubine's child. Every day, she was criticized behind her back. Even so, Shion had no choice but to work hard. Because she had no place to run away. She did not know where else to put herself except in her own family.


When she visited Foranada on her first mission, she was very excited. She was very determined that if she took this chance, she would be able to make everyone look back at her.


…Well, the result was what you see, but let's leave it at that. What was important was the fact that the relationship between Shion and her original family wasn’t very good.


Then, her original family was Viscount Swade.




“Curtis Fortes y Tan Swade is my half-brother.”




Shion revealed so.


Since elves boast a life span of around 200 years and youth that could be maintained until 150, they disguise their appearance with [Disguise] so that their true identity wouldn’t be revealed. It was said that there were cases in which they not only stage their aging but also make it look like a change of generation.


I finally found out why she was using that magic. Incidentally, the reason for [Disguise] on her whole body was because it was easier to adjust.


As mentioned earlier, the main wife—the Swade family—was estranged from Shion's existence. Therefore, it seems that Curtis contacted her as soon as he arrived in Foranada. Although she received no such report, he handed her a letter when they passed each other in the corridor.


The contents are not hard to imagine. Some denounced Sion's incompetence, others ordered her to cooperate in gathering information, and the rest was a barrage of abuse.


In response, Shion could do nothing but tremble. Remembering the harassment she had experienced before coming to Foranada, she felt intense fear. It was enough to make her want to wrap herself up in her futon and escape from reality.


However, her position would not allow it. Desperately pushing down her fear, she continued her normal work after that. Fortunately, she seemed to be able to forget about other things while working, so she didn't seem to have any trouble.


Shion bowed her head deeply and profoundly with her shoulders shaking. She put her hands on the bench and bowed her head, almost to the point of doing a Dogeza.




“I understand that a verbal apology is not sufficient. However, please allow me to apologize even so. I am truly sorry that I kept important details from you.”

“.......”




I silently stare at the back of her head.


I couldn't say, “Our relationship is just about keeping secrets about me and Caron.” It wasn't that kind of atmosphere, and I was a little shocked myself.


I spent a minute, two minutes, and three minutes thinking. All the while, Shion kept her head down.


After five minutes, I asked her a question.





“How did yesterday's incident occur?”





-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kindly support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






3 comments:

  1. ty for chap

    Then, with a slight tremor in his voice, he mutters– > Then, with a slight tremor in her voice, she mutters–

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that's explains a lot,so Curtis is an elf too

    ReplyDelete