Saturday 21 January 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 76

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 6 — Part 5 Overnight Incident



— — —



“Shion!”

“Caroline-sama…!”




After dealing with Curtis, we went to the infirmary at Foranada Castle. It was to check on Shion’s condition, but it seemed she was already awake. She had raised her upper body above the bed.


Acknowledging this, Caron jumped out vigorously and buried her face in Shion's stomach.





“Thank goodness…You’re all right…”

“Caroline-sama…”





Shion, who had been shocked at first, relaxed her cheeks when she saw Caron's tears mixed with happiness. She then returned her hug, patting her back.





“The Doctor told me about what roughly happened. Caroline treated me, didn't she? Thank you very much. Thanks for saving my life.”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Hearing Shion's gratitude, Caron raised her face and shook her head.




“No, Shion was seriously injured while protecting me. I am grateful to you, but not the other way around! It was you who saved my life!”




Caron seemed to think that Shion was hurt because of her.


under the circumstances, wasn’t it unavoidable? Curtis seems to have targeted both of them together, and it was true that Shion protected Caron from the attack.


Strategically, the best option was to protect the Light Magician (Caron) with the highest priority. As long as the healer survives, she could get healed as much as she wants.


However, telling that wouldn’t comfort Caron. I, as an outsider, have no right to interfere in the matter of the surprise attack.


Shion looked around for a moment as if searching for words to say.





“I’m sure that this injury was the result of protecting Caroline-sama. There is no changing that fact.”

“Yes, therefo–”

“Nevertheless, I would like to thank you, Caroline-sama. Thank you very much for saving my life.”

“Why…”




Shion’s sincere gratitude left Caron at a loss for words. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Shion continued—





“I don't know what happened after that, but I can guess to some extent. I’m sure that Caroline-sama was in a critical situation and could not afford to worry about anything else. I, on the other hand, was in a condition that could have killed me if I did not receive immediate medical attention. Am I right?”

“T-That’s correct.”

“But the fact that I am safe means that Caroline-sama was willing to take the risk of treating me, right?”





In fact, my intervention allowed her to be treated in a safe zone, but despite the imminent threat to her life, Caron was still trying to perform light magic on Shion. Generally speaking, Shion was not mistaken.




“I would actually scold you for [putting my own life first], but I appreciate that you cared about me. So, would you please accept my gratitude?”





As priorities go, this was clearly the wrong thing to do. Still, she would like to express her heartfelt gratitude for that sentiment. So Shion concluded.


Caron bit her lip.


Her emotions were greatly shaken. I could clearly see her inner conflict.


Perhaps she was thinking around with excuses like she couldn't do anything by herself, or that she should have been able to protect herself in the first place.


But she didn’t say anything because of an insult to Shion’s feelings. I think she understands that any objection to gratitude was just an excuse to comfort herself.


My beloved little sister was truly an excellent child, to be that smart at her age now.


Caron exhaled slowly and spun her words.





“I understand. I accept Shion's gratitude. But it is also true that you saved my life, so please accept mine as well. Thank you, Shion.”

“Yes, I will accept your gratitude.”





Shion smiled. The expression on her face was as if something had been lifted from her.


Caron seemed to have the same impression.




“Your atmosphere has changed a little, hasn't it?”





She said with a look of amazement.


Then, Shion tilted her head.





“Is that so?”

“Yes. I felt like you are less reserved than before.”

“Eh? Did I do something rude!?”





Shion begins to panic at Caron's statement.


Her flustered expression was so hilarious that Both Caron and I laughed at the same time.




“”Fufufu””

“Caron-sama?and Zechs-sama too!?”




“Sorry,” I apologized to Shion, who was even more bewildered.


After that, Caron also opened her mouth.





“It's not like Shion was being rude. I meant it in a good way when I said that you are less reserved. It was a bit misleading, I apologize.”

“N-No, If you are not offended, that is fine.”




Still flustered, Shion let out a breath of relief.


I was going to watch for a while, but I couldn't help but laugh, so I decided to offer my opinion.





“Shion's mood has changed, probably because she’s not bound to anything anymore.”

“Bound, is it?”





She had a question mark plastered on her face as if she had not grasped it yet.





“You see, she’s not a spy anymore.”





Protecting Caron from Curtis's surprise attack must have been the clear separation for Shion. Until now, she had unconsciously felt guilty because of her position as a spy. Since that has disappeared, her heart has become closer.


It seemed that she had an idea, and Shion lightly nodded her head while saying, “Yes…”


However, soon after that, she raised her voice.




“Wait, Zechs-sama. Why are you revealing it!?”

“Hmm?”




I was surprised when she suddenly raised a strange voice. What is she talking about?


Knowing that I did not understand, Shion opened and closed her mouth. Then, not long after, she began to speak slowly and hesitantly.




“I mean, that…I-I’m a s-spy…”

“Eh…? Ahh!”





I was confused for a moment, but then I understood what Shion was trying to say.





“Come to think of it, I didn’t tell everyone that Shion was a spy!”





I made a mistake. From her point of view, it was terribly unexpected, and she was right to be surprised.





“...Yes…?”





Shion froze at my line. Then, like a metal doll that has run out of oil, she turned to Caron.


Looking at her, she murmured a little awkwardly.





“Uhm…I, Orca, and everyone who has been working in the castle for a long time already know about it….”





Hearing this, Shion looked astonished and despite her injured body, rushed over to me.




“Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Zech-sama! W-What happened to the contract!?”





O-Ouhh. She was more powerful than I thought. I’ve never seen Shion so terrifying like this before.


With a slight tug, I replied.





“Of course, I didn't tell them. They've all figured it out on their own. The reason I'm saying that now is because you're no longer a spy.”





By the time she vowed to part ways with the Swade family, her previous contract was nullified.






“How did that happen?”

“It's simple.”





It was Caron who answered the question that followed. She was surprised at Shion's confusion but she still calmly explained.





“The veteran subordinates seemed to have guessed it just from the fact that you were a recommended servant from the Royal Court. In the case of Orca and myself, we knew that you were an elf. So with these two pieces of information, we could conclude that you were indeed a spy that serves the Holy Royal Family.”

“I see…”





It was a very simple deduction. If someone knew these two elements, anyone would be able to reach this conclusion.


–But Shion, who once seemed to have calmed down, was once again extremely flustered.





“Huh, eh? What did Caroline-sama said just now?”

“I said, ‘With these two pieces of information, we could conclude that you were indeed a spy that serves the Holy Royal Family.’”

“I-I mean, before that…”

“‘In the case of Orca and myself, we knew that you were an elf’?”




Hearing Caron's words, Shion's eyes widened.





“T-That’s it! H-How did you know about that!?”





Shion's face turned pale and she held her head as if to say it was the end of the world.


Her reaction was so over-the-top that I and Caron looked at each other.





“I wonder about that.”

“Nee…”




It seems that Shion was not aware of the underlying problem.


That’s why I explained the situation step by step.






“Shion. What method do you use to hide your race?”

“[Disguise]...?”

“Then how did I see through that?”

“The spell that Zechs-sama created called [Mana Sight]....Ah…”




She finally seems to understand.


[Mana Sight] was not a spell that could only be handled by me personally. It takes time to explain the theory, but once that was cleared, anyone could use this magic. In fact, my two younger siblings, whom I teach, have mastered it.


Therefore, Caron and Orca knew about Shion's true identity.


Hearing that fact, Shion held her ear in panic.





“T-Then, why….”





She was probably wondering why they create a commotion when they knew that she was an elf. Considering the prejudice against elves that was prevalent in the Holy Kingdom, it was a natural thought.


But Caron was different. Hearing Shion's statement, she frowned.





“Don’t underestimate me.”

“Caron-sama…?”






Shion tilted her head when Caron suddenly got angry.


Then paying no mind to Shion's bewilderment, Caron continues.





“So what if you are an Elf? I know you are an elf, but that is not all you are. I know many aspects of you. You look calm, but you are terribly awful at adlibs. You are always nervous. You are fond of cute animals. You love sweets. These are just some of the things I have learned about you over the years I have spent with you. Considering all of those, your species is a trivial matter, isn't it? I’m sure Orca shares the same view as I am.”





Caron then pause for a minute and then continued—





“I think of Shion as my Older Sister. Even after hearing this, do you still think being an Elf is a problem?”

“Caron-sama…Thank you…Thank you very much….”





Shion burst into tears. She was crying not because she was sad, but because she was glad.


Before coming to Foranada, Shion was always alone. She was ridiculed by those around her as a failure and was even humiliated by her family because she was a daughter of a concubine. There was no one she could truly trust.


Then Caron, who looked up to her as an Older Sister, appeared and was okay with her true identity. I don't think she could have been more deeply moved by it.


Their positions were reversed from earlier. They embraced each other again, but this time it was more like Caron was wrapping his arms around Shion.


I guess it means that both of them must have been able to grow closer through this incident. I’m glad that the family has taken a step forward.


Now then.





“All right, time to do my work.”





With the two of them laughing and chatting with each other, I secretly took action.


The destination after leaving the infirmary was the office that serves as the command center for the current incident. There were still many chores to be done, and I also need to help Orca, who has been entrusted to command temporarily.


Even though the situation was under control, I still had to work for a while longer before I relax and consider the matter settled.


The morning sun shines on me as I walk down the hallway.


The day has only just begun. Let's get fired up and go for it!




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Kindly support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






5 comments:

  1. "I’m sure Orca shares the same view as I am."
    as I am --> as I do

    ReplyDelete
  2. “All right, I’m to do my work now.”
    I'm to do --> I'm going to do
    "To be to do something" is a very clumsy expression if not ordering someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man when is the next chapter??

    ReplyDelete