Friday 13 January 2023

Let's Start Part 2 of this Ruined Work Prologue

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next

    
    [Prologue]

    “Everybody out of the way!”

    The comrades who were pushing the demon king quickly retreated.

    I leaped into the air and slammed my greatsword down. The sharp tip of the sword penetrated the demon king's heart and was embedded in the ground.

    Kwakwang!

    A scream erupted from the demon king's mouth along with the sound of magic power exploding.

    “Kkuarrrgh!”

    Since I even tore his second heart, he would have no choice but to be thrown into the underworld this time. I let out a long sigh as I saw the purple blood spreading behind the demon king's back.

    “Fuu…….”

    The end was finally in sight. The end of this damn novel was drawing near.

    At that time, my comrade and the prince of the Filio Empire, Leonhart, shouted.

    “Adele! Look around! The ground is collapsing!”

    Then the hot-tempered wizard Ruspel made a fuss, and the kind priest Owen stomped his legs.

    “Yah, you idiot! What are you waiting for! Throw that bastard and run!”
    “La, Lady Adele! It's dangerous! Get out quickly!”

    I leaned down as if I were trying to pull out a sword. The demon king's breath drew near.

    “Heook! Heook!”

    I can feel the life force that was rapidly escaping through that breath. I looked into his bright red eyes and whispered softly.

    “Hurry up and say your lines.”
    “Kkeeuu……! S, say? My lines? What do you mean!”
    “You have something to tell me. Do it quickly”

    The demon king crumpled his forehead terribly.

    “You scorn me to the end! But you'd better not be conceited! This body does not perish, it merely returns to the underworld!”

    ‘Yeah, that's it.’

    I scrubbed my face stained with the demon king's blood.

    “Bye. If you go in this time, don't crawl out for a while.”
    “I intend to. I don't think it'll be boring this time.”

    The demon king laughed meanly. I asked, raising my eyebrows.

    “What are you up to?”
    “That's what I thought. I think the boring underworld will be fun with you.”
    “With me?”

    The moment I answered, the Stage 2 instruction came to mind.

    [Stage 2: (Firmly) Don't bluff!]

    I read it like a machine.

    “Don't bluff.”
    “Am I bluffing? Can't you see that the spirits are agitated?”

    What he said was true.

    The spirits that sensed something had been flying around me from earlier.

    - Adele! It's definitely suspicious! Something's wrong! Shall I blow him up with an aqua ball?
    - Aiyo, f*ck, what kind of trick is he trying to do? Contractor, squeeze a little to the side. I’m gonna roast him with a little fire.
    - Lady Adele, the wind is shaking ominously. I think it would be better to tie the demon king's arms and legs first, what do you think? If it's too much trouble, there's a simple way to cut his tongue.
    - ……Scary.

    I left behind the clamor of the spirits and spoke calmly.

    “I'm really tired right now. All right, let's move on.”

    The demon king's expression was slightly disturbed. Then he laughed meanly as if he had noticed.

    “I guess you’re trying to pass the time saying weird things. You've got a lot of brains, but you can't fool me!”

    I had no intention of cheating. I just wanted it to end soon.

    “From now on, I'll release the rest of my power. With your skills, you can survive. But your comrades will surely die!”

    How could he explain in detail how he would attack?

    ‘How kind the demon king is.’

    I silently waited for the demon king's next line.

    “But if you choose to die with me, I'll let them live. Now, make your choice. Is it you or your comrades?”

    ‘Ah…… It's finally the ending.’

    The warrior chooses death with the demon king to save her comrades. This is the final scene of the novel.

    That was great. It was a ruined work, but to kill the protagonist.

    What the hell were you thinking when you made the ending like this? I wanted to look inside the author's head.

    Then the instructions came to mind.

    [Stage 3: (Looks shocked) No! Don't touch my precious comrades!]

    “Don't touch my comrades.”

    When I summed up the Stage 3 instruction in a dry tone, the penalty began.

    I felt a stabbing pain in my chest.

    “Kku kku kku- Are you sacrificing for your comrades? This is a tearful friendship.”

    As soon as he finished speaking, the instructions changed.

    [Stage 1: (With your hands in front of your chest and tears in your eyes) I love my comrades. It's a noble feeling you'll never know. Even if my body disappears, my soul will live on in their hearts. Then even if I die, I will not die.]

    ……This is too cheesy. Pass.

    There was no problem with ignoring the Stage 1 instruction anyway.

    “Stop talking. Doesn't your mouth hurt?”
    “What…… What's the matter?”
    “Hold on a second.”

    I left the flustered demon king alone and turned my head towards Leonhart, Ruspel, and Owen. They were waiting for me with anxious expressions.

    “Adele! What are you doing? Come on over here!”
    “Do you really want to die at my hands? Can't you just jump here right now?!”

    Unlike Leonhart and Ruspel, who shouted and went wild, Owen backed away with a pale face.

    “……No, no. Lady Adele, it's not, is it? I'm wrong, right?”

    As a priest, he had a really good sense. To the point of awkwardness at times.

    ‘You shouldn't have noticed at times like this.’

    I opened my mouth to those who seemed to run at any moment.

    The instructions flashed just in time.

    [Stage 3: (Gravely) Stop there! Don't come near me!]

    “Stop there, don't come near me.”

    [Stage 3: (In a trembling voice as if holding back tears) Leonhart, Ruspel, Owen. I'm sorry. I'll always love you guys……. Please don't forget my feelings like this.]

    ‘……Are you really going to do this until the end?’

    It was all over anyway.

    Instead of following the instructions, I said a word to the ruined author jerk.

    “It was awful being together and let's never meet again.”
    “……!”

    My comrades widened their eyes. Those were the most shocked faces I had ever seen.

    ‘I wasn't talking to them…….’

    The moment I open my mouth to correct the misunderstanding.

    “Kkeok! Cough!”

    Blood spurted out of my mouth. Then my chest ached like crazy. It was the result of refusing the Stage 3 instruction.

    “Adele!”

    My comrades called me with pale faces. They worried about me even in the middle of a misunderstanding.

    ‘It's because they're so nice.’

    They were good comrades. How damning this situation was.

    I swallowed the clot of blood that welled up to my throat and hugged the demon king's neck.

    “Let’s go.”
    “Kkuhahahaha! Good! I'll invite you to the underworld!”

    He was all nice, but he was too talkative.

    ‘What a chatty demon king. I don't think he's a piece of work.…….’

    I covered the demon king's mouth with my hand.

    “Let's go with our mouths shut, okay?”

    He screamed at me with his slanted eyes as if to kill me.

    Next moment, Rumble! The ground collapsed with a tremendous tremor.

    “Adele!!!”

    I closed my eyes listening to the screams of my comrades.

    Antique letters were slowly created in the white empty air.

-The End-

Thank you for loving <I Became a Warrior who Saved the World> so far.

    It was really over.

    Endless darkness ensued.

* * *

    “Du, Duke…….”
    “…….”
    “Duke, are you hurt?”

    What is this? This cute voice made me want to bite.

    Someone touches my finger very carefully. Before long, I felt a slight breeze in my hand.

    “Hoo, hoo, our Duke, don’t hurt.”

    The voice, which seemed far away like a dream, suddenly became clearer. At the same time, the body that seemed not to be mine was refreshed as if it had been washed. I opened my eyes in a flash.

    “……Heok!”

    An unfamiliar ceiling, an unfamiliar bed.

    Where am I?

    “Uh? Du, Duke! Are, are, are you up?”

    I turned my head sideways and stared blankly at the child.

    ‘The doll is talking…….’

    Pink hair with azure blue eyes. How are you so pretty?

    It was horrifyingly cute to see her struggling to climb up to the bed with only her arms and face.

    “D, Du, Duke! Sh, should I, ca, call, Un, Uncle, Uncle Butler?”

    ‘Ora? It's not a doll?’

    “You…….”

    Before I even asked, ‘You look so pretty. What's your name?’, letters sprang up in the air.

    [Stage 3: (Coldly shaking off the child's hand) Who told you to come into my bedroom?]

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






1 comment:

  1. i've seen the promo art and i love it. thanks for picking this novel!!!

    ReplyDelete