Monday 20 March 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 89

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 3 — Chapter 1 — Fiancee Part 4



— — —



A few days later, my birthday came around. This year was not just a birthday, but more hectic than usual due to the forthcoming Ninth Ceremony. With the Count (My Father) also have to be present, coupled with the preparations for the ceremony, my subordinates were busy working until the day of the ceremony.


However, my Ninth Ceremony won't be thrilling. Ostensibly, I’m regarded as a colorless person who was heartless and hides behind his younger siblings. Although invitations were sent to the surrounding nobles, most of them were just proxies. All we have to do was to watch out for the Count's mouth.


The prediction was almost right on target. Every house of the same rank or higher than Foranada was represented by a proxy.


However, there was one situation that caught me and my subordinates off guard.


And that was—




“I am truly happy for you to have reached your Ninth Ceremony. Congratulations, Zechs-dono.”

“Thank you for taking the trouble to come here, Duke Lorambel.”





A middle-aged man shakes hands with me. The man has black hair and vermilion eyes, a stern face, and a muscular body.


His name was Johbach Stemholz Can Lorambell, and he has a strict military air about him that matches his appearance. As I mentioned earlier, he was a Duke.


The current head of a Ducal Family attended the Ninth Ceremony of the notorious Son of a Count. It was an unexpected situation


It was true that I sent the Duke an invitation since they were a neighbor three territories away. However, who could have expected that he would show up at the Ninth Ceremony of the idiot Son of Foranada, who was not even parochial?


Naturally, all the attendees were dismayed. Even those who had been informed of the event beforehand were agitated. They didn't know how to react. The only one who was smiling in a calm manner was probably the Count (My Father).


In the end, the Ninth Ceremony ends with an air of tension in the air. It was an awkward time, like a disaster, not a festival.


Although the Duke of Lorambell did not take any action during the ceremony, he could not have gone to Foranada just to celebrate.


As it turned out, my guess was correct. After the ceremony, I sent the Count back to his room, and while I was moving with Shion, a servant came to tell me the Duke's message.


According to him, he wanted to talk with me alone. It was too suspicious an invitation. Especially when he didn't allow the Count (My Father) to be present, I could sense their intentions.


I instructed the servant to set up the meeting as soon as possible, and then I moved my legs again.


I couldn’t refuse. I was genuinely interested in the meeting, partly because it was with a nobleman of higher rank. What was he going to say to me, to a kid with ill repute?


And even though the Duke of Lorambel was a descendant of the Holy Royal Family, he does not belong to the same faction as the Holy Royal Family, the Royal Court faction that advocates the absolute rule of the Holy King. Rather, he was the leader of the aristocratic faction, which was in a confrontational relationship.


Well, there was probably a lot of political speculation involved. It was not important now, so I will leave that at the back of my mind.


The emphasis here should be on the fact that they belong to a faction that was at odds with the Royal Court. In other words, if I could get him to talk nicely, I might be able to keep the Royal Court in check. Even though I understood it was a trap, it was worth listening to him just for that.





“Zechs-sama.”

“It's all right.”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Shion's sorrowful voice rings out.


I know she wants to tell me about the dangers of meeting alone with him, but I'm very aware of that. Naturally, I'll be very careful.


But in all likelihood, there should be no problem. I couldn’t sense any hostility from the Duke, and above all, I could assure her that he would not use any tricks on me.


Will it be a demon or a snake?


The meeting with Lorambell will be held in ten minutes.


Let's take a look at what kind of person Johbach Stemholz Can Lorambell was.


Duke Lorambell was more than famous for his position alone, but he also had another nickname that spread throughout the world


And that was, “Magic Maniac.” It was a double meaning of “Magic Lord,” which means having a deep knowledge of magic and being a Magic Maniac who values magic more than anything else.


His magical supremacy was hardcore. He would not hire anyone with a low aptitude for magic, no matter how good their other abilities were, and he would not listen to them. He would not listen to anyone who was not good at magic. He decides who his children's friends and marriage partners are based on their magical abilities. There were too many other episodes to mention.


I had experienced these episodes in the game.


That’s right, Duke Lorambell was a character in the game. That was because his daughter was the Saint's best friend and the Hero's capture target. In the former, he was still in the game, but in the latter, he would appear frequently.


Having heard all this, someone may have wondered one question. Why did the Duke of Lorambell approach me?


It was strange in a lot of ways. It was too far out of line with his philosophy that the duke, who upholds the supremacy of magic, would contact me, a Colorless person. It was safe to assume that he has such an important agenda.


In order to clarify that, I brace myself for the meeting.


The meeting was held in the most prestigious reception room at Foranada Castle. As per the prior notice, there was no one in the room but me and the Duke. The servant who made tea was immediately dismissed.


We sat facing each other on a large sofa. Some time passed as we sipped our tea. The atmosphere of the place, combined with the strictness of the atmosphere, was heavy.


Suddenly, Duke Lorambell opened his mouth.





“I’m not good with words. I can act like an aristocrat a little, but I don't think it's necessary. What do you think?”

“Of course, I don't mind. I am also a man of simple tastes.”





I nodded my head in agreement to the line asking if I could speak frankly. As a former civilian, I would like to avoid using pretentious phrases.


However, this response turned into regret the next moment.





“I would like to propose my daughter as your fiancee.”

“PFFT!!!?”




The shocking remark made me spurt out the tea I was holding in my mouth at an inopportune moment. The tea went into my windpipe a little.


The Duke, paying no heed to my reaction, continued.





“This is my daughter's file. I hope to hear back from you as soon as possible.”




He then put a stack of A4-size papers on the table, which he had taken out from somewhere.


I, on the other hand, turned my head frantically while coughing. I was trying to figure out where to start with this completely unexpected question.


Fortunately, Duke Loramvel seemed to be waiting for me to calm down. He crossed his arms and remained calm and silent.


After I managed to catch my breath, I first asked the question I should have asked him.





“Why did you bring this up to me?”





This was not a question about, “Why did he propose to me to take his Daughter as my Fiancee.” I am asking why did he invite me, who was only the Son of a Count, to an important meeting to decide on a fiancรฉe. That was what I am asking. Normally, I would have the Count (My Father) and a subordinate in charge of foreign affairs attend the meeting.


I had a pretty good idea of what was going on….but it was a case that I’m trying to confirm.


The Duke sniffed lightly and replied in a manner as if it was obvious.





“If I don't bring it to you, who will I bring it to? After all, you are the true ruler of this Count's territory.”





It seems that this man was aware that I’m the one who holds the real power.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Please support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






5 comments:

  1. Didn't expected MC could get his Fiancee too in this chapter lol. I thought this chapter just a bait to make you think someone would proposed to be MC Fiancee while the reality it's Caron who get it. But here we are..

    Btw thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean it was pretty obvious,his father is useless and even when the servants were the ones controlling everything it was barely to survive,it was him that started to change everything in his territory after taking the power,his siblings love him and are good using magic,he really thought that no one would be suspicious that Caron is that good using light magic without a teacher when that magic is rare and there is basically no one to teach her to use that magic.

    ReplyDelete