Sunday 2 April 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 90

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 3 — Chapter 1 — Fiancee Part 5


— — —


It seems that this man was aware that I’m the one who holds the real power.


Well, that was fine. I didn't think I could keep it hidden forever from the nobles, who were a thousand and one on the seas. The question was, how much does he know? After easily admitting here It would not be funny if said that it was a trick question.


I put on a smile on my face as if amused by what he just said.





“I'm the ruler of the Count's territory? hahaha, the Duke seemed to like making jokes, isn't he?”

“Stop it. The development of Foranada over the last few years, the cunning of the dark side, and the way the civil war two years was handled. There are numerous other activities, but none of them are possible with that simpleton’s commands. Even the dullest of us will notice.”





That was a good argument that was not scuff. With the Count's (My Father) skill, there was no way that Foranada could have ever developed. Rather, it must have been in a state of decline.


But, none of it has proof. Even if the circumstances were telling, it wasn't enough to prove that I was the ruler. In fact, there were aristocrats who paid attention to the unnaturalness of this area and sent out secret agents to gather evidence—all of which we destroyed.


Thus, since he has come on board directly, I think there was something more than what he just said, but what was the truth?


At present, should I consider the earlier line to be a trick question? I have to watch the situation and behave in such a way that I don't give the other party any information.


Therefore, I nodded my head.






“Excuse me, what are we talking about? I will eventually follow in his footsteps as his eldest son, but right now I am too young.”

“Are you trying to play games with me?”

“Of course not, don’t be absurd.”

““.........””





With my smile and the Duke’s frown, both of our gazes crossed in silence.


After a few minutes of staring contest, it was the Duke who broke first.


Letting out a sigh, he then said,





“I understand what you are thinking. Indeed, if you had at least one color, you would have been an excellent person. It’s kind of a waste as human resource.”

“Thank you.”

“I don't mean that as a compliment. Well, it was precise because you are so cunning that I decided to use Minerva on you. Not the Hero who will come this year. I respect your brains, and I will respect your ideas. I will speak of my intentions as you wish.”

“Thank you for your consideration.”

“Hmph.”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





The Duke sniffed and threw a glance at the documents on the table as if he was telling me to read them.


I picked up the stack of papers and skimmed through them.


Since Lorambell only had one daughter, it was clear to me that the girl he proposed was definitely the Saint’s best friend and the Hero’s capture target. Ninety percent of the documents contain descriptions of magic and the remaining ten percent are trivial matters that were unrelated to magic.


From this information, I could grasp that Minerva's personality was not so different from that in the game.


If I had to describe her in one word, it would be “Magic Head.”* As befits the daughter of a Magic Maniac, Minerva was a girl who was interested only in magic. [Tired: Musclehead but Magic]


In exchange, the nuance may be slightly different, but Minerva's performance in the game was high. Her magical attacks and defenses were high, and she was also able to use traps and other tricks. Although she was quite weak in the physical aspect, she was very strong enough to compensate for that.


What am I trying to convey was that she wasn’t balanced with me. She was a brilliant woman who could handle five attributes other than light, and on the other hand, I was a colorless person who was ridiculed as a coward. The combination was too unbalanced.


Minerva must have been an important political card for Duke Lorambell. In the game, he even went to the trouble of not giving her a fiancee in order to bring in the Hero with excellent magical abilities. He said earlier that it was because he recognized how cunning I was, but it would have been impossible since he was a Magic maniac. My ability was only a reinforcement of the choice, and I thought that he had other main intentions.


The first thing that comes to my mind was for him to establish a relationship with Caron. If Minerva and I got married, their family would be related to Caron. If I considered this as a way for him to use that connection to bring in the blood of a Light Magician in the future, it made sense to me.


This raises the possibility that the Duke has rushed in without any evidence at all. After all, there was no need for them to admit that I have real power in Foranada. All that he needed was for him to recognize my abilities, and then he could establish a relationship with Caron.


If this was true, then it was a very Duke Lorambell-like behavior. He was a Magic Maniac, and he seems to be paying no attention to anything but Caron (Light Magic).


I put the documents back on the table and looked at the Duke.





“I'm going to ask you straight to the point. Why don't you want to make a direct connection with Caron—Caroline?”





“Hou~” The Duke responded as if impressed.





“There are two reasons. The first is to show my loyalty to the Royal Court.”

“Did you know about the engagement with the Second Prince…?”

“I think it's only natural, considering my position. We have been making arrangements for some time. Well, the arrangement will probably end in failure.”

“Failure?”





I tilted my head at his confident words.


Then, he started to laugh. It was a different, more human kind of laugh.




“This leads me to another reason. Caroline-dono is said to be infatuated with you. From what I have heard, I have determined that no matter how hard I try, it will be impossible to induce her to change her mind. Therefore, I can assure you that her engagement to the Second Prince is a failure, and the futility of proposing my sons will not be carried out.”

“.....”





I was at a loss for a response.


I had been open about how close Caron and I were to everyone around us. So I was not surprised that he was aware of it.


But I guess I shouldn't be baffled when my sister assures me that she loves me.


After all, even from a third party's point of view, Caron’s brother complex seems to be excessive.


I had already sensed it. While Caron’s love for me has increased over the years, the direction of her love was becoming different from a familial one.


Currently, she was not aware of it, so I was leaving it alone. However, I will have to face it someday.


Duke Lorambell, unaware of my inner feelings, sums up the conversation.





“I would like to establish a relationship with Foranada even if I had to place my card, which is Minerva. I think there are advantages to having the backing of the Lorambell family, don't you?”

“Certainly, that is a point I am glad to hear.”




I went to this meeting because I wanted to have a check on the Royal Court until preparations were made.


However, it was also difficult to deepen the relationship too much.


For the current Foranada, there were too many things to keep secret. I was worried about whether I would be able to keep the secret if someone interfered with us because I’m engaged to her.


The Duke’s eyes narrowed for a moment at the words and actions that I made, but they quickly returned to normal. Then he got up, stating that he had done his business.





“I'm heading back now. As I said before, I would appreciate an early response, but think carefully.”





With these words, Duke Lorambell gallantly left the room.


After watching him, I pondered.


Now then, what should I do?


Minerva was an important character for both main characters. If I were to settle into the position as her fiancee, there was a possibility that I would be involved in the game scenario in a strange way.


However, it was too late for that.


I've been working like I don't give a damn about the game. Caron was no longer a villainess and Orca's character has undergone a major transformation.


The same was true with this meeting. Because I made Caron famous because my relationship with her was very deep and because I was presumed to be politically brilliant. For these three reasons, Duke Lorambell chose to form a relationship with me. Even if he had to place down his card, Minerva, which he had carefully saved in the game.


Well, some of the steps were the same as in the original game. It cannot be said that it completely deviated from the game.


After all, the possibility of being involved in a scenario exists whether I was involved with the characters in the game or not. It was difficult to draw conclusions about engagement based on how the game was played.


If this was the case, should I think politically?


After thinking that far, I stopped thinking for a moment. If we were talking politics, I thought it would be better to have my subordinates involved to reach a better result.


Immediately after that, I held a meeting with my subordinates.







—Let me start with the conclusion. It has been decided that Minerva and I will be engaged.


If the plan was implemented by the end of this fiscal year, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Also, Daniel from Foreign Affairs strongly recommended, “You can’t miss this engagement!” and some of them strongly pushed for it. It was a secret that I was a little taken aback by their desperation.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Tired: Hi there! sorry for the late update. I was really busy these days because of our college thesis so I don't have time to post the latest chapter.



Please support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






6 comments:

  1. Minerva seems like a good way to get more human resources too.

    As a magic musclehead all he has to do is show a few of his not so harmful colorless tricks and she is probably done to a degree where he can have her not report to her dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In every fantasy novel: Duke's Daughter>Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not very weird cause usually Dukedom is given to the royalty's relatives except for a few cases (I'm looking at your Leon Fou Barfort). So saying that a Duke's daughter is a Princess is not wrong.

      Delete
    2. They are probably the next family to take the throne in case something happens to the whole royal family exactly one of the reasons to no call themselves royal because they can be accused of trying to usurp the throne since they are basically opposing the royals

      Delete