Monday 3 April 2023

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 91

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 3 — Chapter 1 — Fiancee Part 6


— — —


One month later. A meeting between Minerva and me was held.


The place was at the Foranada Castle.


Normally, I would have had to go to the Duke’s house, but because Orca's Ninth Ceremony was coming this month, I wanted to avoid traveling as far as possible. The Lorambell Family took this situation into consideration.


It was the same luxurious reception room that I had used to have a meeting with the Duke. Until a little while ago, both of our Fathers were also present, but they were not here now. Only two young children were left.


That was right, it was only supposed to be the two of us, but—




““.........””





From the doorway, Caron and Orca were peering at us. The door was slightly open, and the way they were peeking through it was really adorable.


If I were alone, I would just love it and be done with it, but I couldn’t do that.


I looked at the young lady or Minerva-ojou sitting on the sofa opposite me.


Minerva was a cute girl, worthy of being a heroine. Her white, fine-grained skin and wet feather-colored hair, tied in twin tails, contrast beautifully with each other. Her eyes were like onyx, and she has a beautifully straight nose and small lips. She was a beautiful girl who looks great in a gothic dress.


In the original game, she doesn't grow much from this point on. As I recall, she was about 140 centimeters tall. If Orca was the Saint's side, Minerva was the Hero side’s loli.


Getting back on topic.


Such a loli, Minerva, was not agitated despite the obvious stares from my younger siblings. She was drinking tea gracefully.


Or rather, she hardly opened her mouth even before that. She was giving off an aura that made it hard for anyone to speak with her. The only time she talk was when she introduced herself.


Well, it wasn’t surprising since she was the daughter of Duke Lorambell, so Minerva also was a Magic Supremacist, though not as much as he does. Moreover, she was a very competitive and egocentric person.


She has been given high expectations for her future by those around her and has achieved excellent results in a response, but when she was suddenly ordered to marry me, who was someone of a lower rank than her, she became displeased. Minerva's feelings were painfully understandable.


However, this engagement was part of the plan. There was also a limit to respecting her personal will, but we could not remain silent forever, even though we were meeting face to face. At the very least, we need to engage in some conversation.





“Minerva-san, today we are meeting to get to know each other. Why don't we discuss, if only for a moment?”





I spoke to her with determination. She was my fiancée, but I don't call her that. I had to keep a reasonable distance from her, or I would have upset her feelings.


Minerva only gave me a quick glance and didn't respond. But I didn't mind. I expected to be ignored. So, please, Caron-san and Orca-san, don't give Minerva a harsh gaze.


A few moments of silence passed. Just as I was beginning to give up hope that we would be able to have a conversation by the end of the day, Minerva suddenly muttered,




“What in the world did you tell Otou-sama?”

“Yes?”




I nodded my head at the sudden question.


She sharpened her gaze.




“Otou-sama told me that you were 'practically in control of this Count's territory. How did you manage to convince him of such a lie?”





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Ahh, I see. So that was where Minerva's perception was.


I have figured out the reason for her stubbornness.


The duke had apparently given her all the information about my background before deciding on the engagement. This included the part who held the real power in Foranada,


But Minerva could not believe it. She couldn't believe that I, who had no magical aptitude whatsoever, could not only run the estate but also develop it so rapidly. The ability to run a territory has nothing to do with magical aptitude, but it was an unavoidable part of her sense of values.


After all, Minerva seemed to think that I had seduced the duke. This made her distrust me even more.


Hmm, so what should I say?


There was no option but to clear up the misunderstanding. In fact, I don't remember admitting that I was in control. It was only on the surface that the Duke thinks so.


For now, let me answer in a safe manner.




“There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding going on here, but I never once said, ‘I’m the true ruler of Foranada.’ The Duke must be mistaken.”

“Hmph, you’re just saying anything with that mouth.”




The way she snorted was really alike to her parent.





“Because of Otou-sama’s wishes, I will accept this engagement. I understand the importance of being associated with Lady Caroline. But I must warn you.”




She said so while looking at me with a suspicious gaze.




“You should know your place as a Colorless man. If you seek a position beyond your means, you will surely be punished severely.”





If someone asks me, it was a very condescending remark. In fact, Caron and Orca, who took it that way, looked as if they were about to leap out of the room in anger. Calm down, both of you.


But I had a different understanding. She only said it to “Warn,” me.


Because the emotions leaking out from Minerva were full of concern, melancholy, and consideration for me.


Of course, there were mixed feelings of distrust and suspicion. However, I understood that Minerva was a kind-hearted girl who was capable of being attentive to such a person. She was a little twisted, though, in that she couldn't take an honest attitude.


I could see why she could serve as the Saint's best friend.


I knew her personality from my knowledge of the game, but now that I've actually experienced her, I understand her even more.


I feel that I can get along well with her.


I felt uneasy at first about my fiancee’s case, but I thought it was a good encounter for me.







From this day on, the engagement that could not have been in the original scenario was established.


Now then, how would this affect the future? Only God knows.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Please support me on Ko-fi! Thank you!!!


Or join my membership to read Advance Chapters!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






6 comments: