Tuesday 7 September 2021

The Wicked Princess Plans for Her Life C-004


"Go, all of a sudden, what's going on?"


“I…”


I squeezed the last of my strength and laughed at the man standing in front of me.


“Someday I will surely become the root cause... You said you were afraid of it, so you came to get rid of me in advance.”


I coughed up blood again to say this one sentence, and the voice I managed to spit out was rough.


"But why are you being so careless as to not kill me right away?"


It was enough to wake his senses.


The man felt an unusual energy and hurriedly tried to cut off my last breath.


Only now did he realize that I was deliberately biding time.


But it's too late.


"A, Argh!"


Oops...!


He was held tightly by the invisible black grips around his neck, dragged to the floor and disappeared into the darkness.


"Huh…!” (sfx: gasped)


"Aag!"


The other subordinates of the fourth prince, who stood guard at the gate, were also dragged into the darkness.


I vomited blood once again and unleashed the rest of the seal.


After lifting the first one, the rest was easier.


The spirits that I was sealing separately left the room and flew like an arrow toward the fourth prince somewhere in the palace.


‘Even though I look like this, I got buff for the female protagonist.’


It was known to the public that my divine power was so weak that it was as bad as nothing, but the truth is the claim was false.


There was a smile on his bloody lips.


Dear brother, please like this sister's last present.


[Asphodel! You can't die!]


[Come to your senses, Asphodel!]


[Bad guys, I'm not going to let any of them slide!]


The images of the spirit standing in front of me as if guarding me in my hazy sight were blurred.


I used to scold them for being loud, but now I'm glad to see you guys.


It was only them who stayed by my side every time I died.


If I knew this would happen, I would have called them more often and played with them.


But even if you regret it now, it is too late anyway.


I could feel instinctively that this was my last time.


So God.


‘Lastly, the fourth prince, I will kill that son of a bitch and go to heaven.’


After all, at dawn that day, I died without even seeing the first light in the world.


It was a vain end that I had never dreamed of.


***


'Oh, that's unfair. After all that hard work, I never thought I'd die like this.’


I became a soul and floated in the dark blue space.


It seemed that where I am now is a place similar to the post-mortem world


So I'm really dead.


My vision slowly brightened and a sphere of light appeared.


I knew instinctively that it was the owner of the voice that cursed me.


I waited for him to say something that would irritate me, but what I expected did not happen.


Paah! 


Instead, the round light began to sparkle brightly.


What's going on?


My soul-like body was drawn to the sphere on its own as if it were attached to a magnet.


‘Are you trying to eat my soul out of the blue?'


I felt a sense of crisis and shouted in haste.


"Wait, wait!"


But the white sphere didn't even pretend to listen to me.


"Wait a minute!"


The white light finally touched my body.


I think I'm getting goosebumps on my back.


"Hey, shouldn't you give me at least three chances?! Twice is too inhuman!"


The moment I shouted out of desperation, the white sphere shook very lightly.


As if it would be sucked away soon, the body that acted regardless of my will stopped. 


In that state, the white sphere had no movement.


Am I mistaken?


I felt a little hesitant.


I pushed on because I thought I was right.


“Don't you know the three times rule? Even if you need to eat three meals a day and play a game, it's the rules to do three rounds!” 


“The Trinity, Three Cheers, and Maengmo three thousand! Don't you know the Three Little Pig, Samsin (Three Gods), Samsun/Samsoon, Samsig (Three Meals) Don't you even know the three laws!”


To be honest, I knew that this was a grand feast of words


However, I was out of my mind under the threat of my soul being swallowed up.


“Spare me one last time! I can do it really well the third time!"


All I could do now was insist and cling on desperately.


Surprisingly, it worked.


Maybe he had a better conscience than I thought.


The quiet white sphere shook up and down as if nodding its head.


-This is the last time.


Right after that, the white light burst in front of my eyes.


"Princess! Congratulations on your fifth birthday!"


When I opened my eyes, a familiar scenery greeted me.




Chapter 3; In the third round of Possessed Life, I will recite a good deed 




"Princess! Congratulations on your fifth birthday!"


I looked around in disbelief.


It was a splendid imperial banquet hall.


The view of the interior decorated with flowers and jewels was dazzling.


I was sitting in a soft chair at the top facing people.


Obviously I was aware of this scene.


The point where the novel begins was the first moment I started my life as Asphodel.


But I still can't believe I got another chance.


Or maybe this is heaven?


Maybe it's a zodiac lamp. 


It said that people usually see the memory of the past before they die.


It’s so vivid and feels so real.


"Adele, why are you opening your eyes so wide?"


Someone had put his hand on my shoulder while I was still mesmerized.


The only person who dared touch the body of the royal family without permission was the blood relatives who shared the same blood.


For a moment I felt like I was about to burst into tears.


I turned my head toward the place where the familiar voice was heard.


Then a beautiful face with a smile pierced my eyes.


"I guess you're still half asleep. Or are you surprised because there are so many people?" 


The loving man bowed his head and left a loving kiss on my forehead.


As soon as mysterious silver hair appeared in front of my eyes, I couldn't stand it and opened my mouth.


“......Dad?”


"Yes, Adele, everyone is here to celebrate your birthday."


He is my father, Roxane Hiserion.


A handsome man with a mysterious and elegant atmosphere, with pure silver hair and dark blue eyes unique to the Hiserion family, came into view.


My father was popular for his unchanging beauty even in his middle age, but now he looks to be in his mid-20s. I was so impressed by his extraordinary appearance.


Unlike his cold impression, he was an infinitely caring father to me.


While I was living this damn life as Asphodel, he was the only one who cared for me unconditionally.


"Her Majesty said she'd be a little late, so let's open the presents first."


My father hugged me as I sat in a soft chair.


I unconsciously reached out and grabbed my father's shoulder.


Then a small chubby child's hand came into view.


Ah... I'm really back.


To the past when I was five years old.


“I sincerely congratulate you on your birthday, 3rd Princess.”


"Happy birthday, Asphodel."


My father took me to the center of the banquet hall where all kinds of gifts were presented.


I could feel the people who were gathered nearby looking at me with a smile.


Everyone wished me a happy birthday.


My mother's men and my stepbrothers whom they brought were also seen mixed among the nobles.


"Well, Adele, which gift do you like best?"


My father, who took me to the front of the pile of gifts, asked.


I stretched out my hand towards the familiar gift box.


“That one… with a blue ribbon.”


Words that had not been thought through as if I had become a real child came out from my mouth.


Then my father folded his eyes and smiled sweetly.


Well, it's strange but my father's beauty is really no joke... (t/n not the kind of strange but more like feelings new and refreshing)


"This must be the best. Shall we open it?"


I nodded, bewitched by my father's beauty.


I already knew why my father was smiling like this.


Because my father is the one who prepared the present that I chose.


Like in the novel, I always chose a box decorated with that blue lace ribbon.


But in the end I didn't open it at the banquet hall.


The reason is...


“Oh, we're in trouble!”


Oh, speak of the devil.


Just as I held the box in my arms, someone rushed into the banquet hall.


According to the novel, on this day, I had dropped the box on the floor because I was surprised by the palace man who suddenly came in.


In fact, I did that the first time when I became Asphodel.


But it's not something that should be broken in the development of the novel, and it's a gift that my father prepared with great care, so it's a waste if it gets broken.


It's a very pretty glass orgol designed so that when you touch the device, the music flows out and the glittering petals are scattered inside.


Therefore, compared with the previous two lives, this time I held onto the box tightly.



Previous || Next




Note:


  • The Trinity is Christian doctrine.

  • Three Cheers is usually people shouting ‘long live’ for the emperor three times.

  • Maengmo three thousand is an abbreviation of 'Maengmo three thousand jigyo' from the Chinese character — and it is said that Mencius' mother moved from place to place to educate Mencius. Also has the meaning that the surrounding environment is important for education. (Mencius is Chinese philosopher, Confucius fourth generation of disciples).

  • The Three Little Pig is Children fairytale book.

  • Three Gods is The three spirits who occupy the infant and take care of the mother and child.

  • Samsoon is a slang term referring to realistic, comfortable and casual style.

  • Three Meals is a slang term widely known mainly to middle-aged people, referring to a retired husband or a long-term vacation at home. 

  • Samsin, Samsoon, Samsig the author just wants to make a good rhythm as Sam = Three.

  • Post-mortem world is an afterlife.

  • Zodiacs lamp/ kaleidoscope lantern it is also used as a pronoun for near-death experience just before death along with the three-way stream, which is said to be crossed when going to the underworld in Japanese subcultures.

  • Court Lady/ Gungnyeo 


No comments:

Post a Comment