Sunday 10 October 2021

I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 19

 I Was Confessed To And Got Dumped, So I Devoted Myself To My Hobbies, But Things Somehow Got Out Of Hand? Chapter 19 

TL note: Sorry for the late post, I was planning on posting during the weekday, but the chapter was longer than I expected.

PS: please whitelist the website on your adblocker, it really helps a lot. 

Chapter 19: Lumi-chan’s stream 



I continued the revision of [Mission] once I got home.


The leftover latter half, afterword, and new text.


To be honest, I’m really looking forward to writing the afterword and new text.


I have short stories I couldn’t add to the main story, and I couldn’t even write an afterword if my novel wasn’t novelized in the first place. 


It’s my first novelization, I absolutely have to do it properly. 



“Alright, first off let’s finish the latter half!”



I focused on my work, and forgot the time.


[Mission] itself would only be about 2 volumes when turned into a book.


It seems we’ll be publishing them as 2 books. 



“I don’t want to leave any gaps as much as possible.” 



Just like my editor Amano-san said, I should do what I can when I can. 


And then 2 hours passed. 


*bzzt, bzzt* my smartphone started vibrating.


It’s a call.



“It’s Lumi-chan, I wonder what’s up. Hello?”


[Um, I’m calling about the illustrations.] 



It was Lumi-chan. 


Now that I think about it, we haven’t spoken about anything other than the character designs. 


At the very least, I also spoke with Amano-san about them as well though. 



“I’ll respect both of your opinions.” 



Is how it ended up. 


Usually it’s the editor who decides on how many illustrations there are gonna be and which scenes to prioritize. 


But, Amano-san decided to respect both of our opinions. 


On the whole we can add around 10 illustrations. 


But as an editor, she had several scenes she wanted illustrated if possible. 


Lumi-chan as well. 



“I want to draw this scene.” 



Said so. 



[There’s still 3 illustrations left over to be done.]


“There’s still that much left over!? Thanks a lot Lumi-chan!”


[It would have been better if there were more left over though…] 



Hearing her downhearted voice, I hurriedly replied. 



“Don’t worry about that, I’m just the original creator, just like Amano-san said, a novelisation is not something that can be easily done by one person. Lumi-chan is also an important person in this work, don’t worry about me and use those 3 illustrations, to draw the scenes you want to.”


[Sensei-...] 



I heard a slight crying voice leak out. 



“L-Lumi-chan?”


[Thank you very much... I’m so glad that Sensei was the first person I did illustrations in a novel for…] 


“I’m glad as well. I’m really happy that my illustrator is Lumi… Amatsu Atsume-sensei. Let’s do our best from now on as well.”


[Yes…] 



I nodded along with her words. 


I’m so glad she’s a good person.


But, 



[I’ll gratefully use 2 of the spots for illustrations, but Sensei can request whichever scene he wants for the last illustration] 



And the call ended.


With that said, I was groaning after the call. 



“Since Amano-san already requested the important scenes… it’s kinda hard to decide.” 



Which scene should I choose? 


Looking at the twitter account for Haru you could see Lumi-chan’s skills from the header and profile picture. 


To choose a scene to be drawn with Lumi-chan’s skills… there’s too many that it’s hard to choose. 


But, letting her wait is also bad. 


It’s not love, it’s work.


That’s why I need to decide fast!!


It’s just like what Masamune-sensei said. 



[In order to fix your indecisiveness you need to make decisions on the spot.] 



For Lumi-chan’s sake as well, I need to decide soon!!



With that said 30 minutes passed. 



“If I could fix it so easily, I wouldn’t be suffering like this!”



I retorted to myself. 


And then a certain idea came up. 



“Can’t I just have it used for the short story in the new text?” 



I thought it was a great idea. 


I immediately confirmed it with Amano-san and Lumi-chan. 



“Please let me use the last illustration for the short story.” 



The two gave me the ok. 


Since I’m still thinking about the content for the short story, we’ll be having it drawn last. 



“Let’s finish the main story first!!” 



I went back to work. 




It’s now night time. 


I finished eating quickly and took a bath, feeling refreshed. I took a look at some tweets. 



[I’ll be collabing with Fu-chan for the first time in a while!] 



It’s a tweet by Lumi-chan. 



“Oh yeah, Lumi-chan was also a famous VTuber, huh?” 



I forgot about it, but Amatsu Atsume-sensei was the character designer for several Vtubers, and she also does activities as a Vtuber, and does drawing streams. 



“Since it’s 7pm it will be an hour from now, should I take a look?” 



I went back to work, and before I noticed time passed in the blink of an eye. 



“Let’s take a look.” 



I opened up the stream on Amatsu Atsume-sensei’s channel. 


On the screen were words saying [Now Loading…].


It seems she’s still in the middle of preparing. 



[Ah, Ah-, can you hear me?]



When I thought so, I could hear Lumi-chan’s voice. 


It seems it just started. 


The viewers who were about 3,000 suddenly increased to 10,000. 



[Good evening everyone! It’s Amatsu Atsume! Take care of me today as well!] 



The girl on the screen moved together with the voice. 


This is actually my first time seeing a Vtuber’s video. 


The comments flowed in with incredible momentum. 



[Cute!]


[Good evening!]


[Evening!]


[Precious ( ´ཫ`)] 



It was so fast that I almost couldn’t read it. 



[Just like I tweeted, today I will be collabing with my daughter Fu-chan!] 


[Yes-, good evening everyone-!! It’s everyone’s angel Mashiro Fuuka-! I was looking forward to streaming with mama since it’s been a while-!] 



Beside the avatar of Amatsu Atsume-sensei, the avatar of a girl with cat ears appeared. 


Different from Amatsu Atsume-sensei’s calm voice, I heard an energetic voice. 


The chat was also:



[Ohh--!] 



[It’s the first collab stream with mama, huh?]


[That’s right. Here here.] 


[Ehehe-] 



It’s incredible you could tell how they’re interacting just from their voices. 


Mashiro Fuuka’s expression turned into a smile. 


You could see that she was really happy. 



[But mama is actually younger than me, isn’t she-?] 


[Awawa, you can’t say that, Fu-chan!]


[Ah, that’s right.]


[Geez, you’re clumsy as always!] 



So Mashiro Fuuka is older than her. 


Well that’s to be expected.


I don’t think there’s any vtubers younger than Amatsu Atsume-sensei…


The chat:



[This really calms me down.]


[So she’s younger, I wonder how old she is.]


[Even though she’s younger, she is exuding that motherly aura, amazing.] 



It was a peaceful chat. 


It felt like they were looking at the two’s interaction with the eyes of grandparents. 



[What are we doing today?]


[Isn’t Fu-chan also good at drawing?]


[That means!?]


[That’s right, today is a drawing scene. (trumpet sounds)]


[Hooray!!]


[Well it’s written on the screen so everyone probably already knows.] 


[Geez, even though I was pretending not to notice.] 



It’s my first time watching them, but their conversations are funny. 



“Lumi-chan talks more smoothly compared to when she talks to me, huh?” 



Now that I think about it, when we talk on the phone, due to nervousness or something, gaps in the conversation open up. 


But now that I’m looking at Lumi-chan, she’s calmly joking around, without messing up the flow, and retorting to Mashiro Fuuka’s jokes. 


So this is one of the reasons for her popularity. 



[It’s done! Take a look-, the title is “Mama who’s become too much of an adult”] 



The illustration drawn with thin lines was showing an Amatsu Atsume-sensei in a pose oozing with maturity. 


I-It’s good. 


The chat: 



[Amazing-]


[So s*xy!!]


[As expected of Fu-chan!] 



They were full of praise.


And then Amatsu Atsume-sensei’s turn came. 



[I’m also done. It’s Fu-chan’s new costume.]


[Fue-!? New costume!?] 



On the screen was Mashiro Fuuka in a beret and a one piece dress. 


The chat: 



[( 'ω')Fua-!?]


[(゜ω゜;)。o○ (this is crazy!?)]


[It’s come------( *´∀`)・ω・)゜∀゜);゜Д゜)・∀・)゜ー゜) ̄ー ̄)=゜ω゜)ノ━━ !!!]



The chat filled with emojis and emoticons moved several times faster than when Mashiro Fuuka showed off her illustration. 



“A-Amazing.” 



I was surprised. 


Mashiro Fuuka, has the image of a very active girl, so her avatar also reflected that with her wearing sports style clothing. 


Now that girl was wearing a one-piece dress and looking very girly and cute. 



[This is amazing, mama!]


[Since it’s almost your birthday, I made it a surprise. And also because I haven’t been able to go stream recently since I have been busy with work.]


[Thank you very much! Once you’re done with work, let’s go out and play!]


[Yes, once I finish off this important mission, we can go out and play again!]


[That’s right, congratulations on being chosen as the illustrator for “Mission”!!]


[[Congratulations!!]] 



She was congratulated by both the chat and Mashiro-san. 



[Ehehe, thank you very much, it all feels like a dream to me.]


[That means, you also met Haru-sensei?]


[That right. But I was so nervous that I couldn’t talk like normal, he was a very wonderful person. A god.] 



T-That’s a bit embarrassing. 


Let’s send her my thanks on LIME at the very least. 



(I’m currently watching the stream, thank you for the compliment.) 


[Hii-! I-I-It seems like Haru-sensei is watching this stream right now.] 



Amatsu Atsume-sensei said with a very shaky voice. 



[Eeh!? Really!?] 



The chat: 



[A god has descended upon us!!]


[This is crazy!! Crazy!]


[Mission is the best!]


[Congratulations on the novelization!!] 



The chat started moving at high speed again. 



[Fu, Fuu. L-Let’s calm down for a moment, I lost my composure there for a moment.]


[Well anyone would be surprised if a famous person suddenly appeared…] 


[With that said, it seems like Haru-sensei is watching at the moment. I would like to say again on this occasion that I have been tasked with doing the illustrations for “Mission”. I still cannot show any of the illustrations, but I would very much be happy, if you would purchase the books once they are released.] 


[I’ll definitely buy them!]


[It seems it’s been exactly 2 hours. We will be ending the stream soon, thank you very much. Thank you for today as well, Fu-chan.] 


[I would like to thank you as well, it was fun collabing with mama again after so long!! And I think I also got some of Haru-sensei’s attention, it’s the best!] 


[The illustrations we both drew will also be uploaded on twitter. Well then, Bye Everyone!!] 



With that the stream ended. 


That was fun. 


It also got me pumped up, so I’ll do as much as I can as well!



[It was fun.] 



I went back to work after sending Lumi-chan that message. 



7 comments:

  1. Japanese streamers are way too polite that it feels weird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And then there's hololive.
      Still polite... sometimes...

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the chapter! I'm not sure why but NU doesn't update when you post so I only catch your latest uploads late

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chapter ��

    ReplyDelete