Wednesday 6 October 2021

Weed Reincarnation, Raised in my Beloved Elf Village Prologue

 

[author] Nice to meet you. My name is Natural water coffee. I Look forward to working on this with everyone m(_ _)m.

 

Because I think, I exist. But saying that, for how long have “I” existed?

 Think of it like this, you can see yourself and others around you, so clearly there is “something” there. But how did “I” come into existence? How did I live before then? I don’t remember existing before now.

Who am I?...

No, what am I?...

It’s a difficult question that I don’t think I can get right. Because I used to walk and run on 2 feet, I feel like I used to speak words, l feel like I used to wear clothes, go to work. I feel like I used to have a family and had a home. Surrounding me were others like me, I think they were in groups called society.

I don’t know why, but for some reason, I know inside of me, that they were called humans. Now I am clearly something that is not human.

It’s daytime but the dense treetops, rooted in the soft soil, make it dim inside the forest. Sometimes the wind gently shakes the green leaves, blowing them away.

To my knowledge, I’m called a “weed”.

 No, weeds are a generic term for plants, I think there should be a scientific name, but I don’t know enough to tell them apart.

 However, it is clear something is strange.

Did anyone consider weeds like me?

If the thinking organ is the brain, weeds without one cannot think, hence they shouldn’t have an ego. But the reality is that I exist and have an ego.

Have weeds ever been able to see?

If we assume the organ needed for vision in the eye, then weeds shouldn’t be able to see without eyes. However, I can “see” everything with myself as the focal point.

No, even more than that.

My whole body is caressed by the wind and I can smell the unpolluted air in the forest. Sometimes warm rays of sunlight beam through the treetops onto me, I can feel all that.

The truth is contrary to my knowledge. Because weeds have an ego, can think, and can understand the surroundings with all 4 senses besides taste –– That said there’s a possibility that’s all wrong. At least I shouldn’t jump to any conclusions about how likely it is with me being the only weed person.

Therefore.

Where the knowledge I know comes from, I cannot say.

But for some reason, the word “reincarnation” comes to mind.

Maybe I was once a person, reincarnated into a weed.

 It’s a ridiculous guess of mine, but the word “reincarnation” keeps coming into my head for some reason.

 No no, above all it’s “this”.

[Name]        None

 [Race]        Walking Weed

 [Level]       1/20

 [Vitality]    3/3

 [Magic]      2/2

 [Skills]       {{Photosynthesis}}{{Magic Sense}}{{Energy Drain}}{{Rhizome Creation}}{{Seed Generation}}

 [Attribute]  Earth

 [Titles]       {{Thinking grass}}{{Sage}}

 [Divinity]    0

[TL Note: Rhizomes are a type of plant stem described as a crawling root. Examples are given later]

What am I? What is my body?

 Well well.

 I have a lot of thoughts at the moment. How do I not look at this strange text that appeared in the centre of my vision?

 Apparently, it’s not Japanese (What is Japanese?) but I can understand most of it without a problem.

 I immediately understood this display of information is probably written about me.

 The moment I see it,  the thought of “This is the Status” came to me instinctively. Maybe this is a very familiar thing to me.

Anyway, according to this temporary status, I am a member of the race “Walking Weed”.

 Does it mean “Walking weed”?

[TL Note: The first is written in katakana, ie only sounded out, while the second is the actual word. Similar to syllables in words]

Eh? Walking, me?

Can grass walk?

 A question like that now appears, anyway I’ll move to the next thing.

 Now then.

Slip

 Padum

 Slip

 Padum

Pull the roots from the soil, then spread them on the ground to support your body.

 Do that twice.

 I really wonder how I can walk without muscles, I guess I really can walk.

 However–,

Plop

I’m worn out.

 I’m completely exhausted after only 2 steps.

 Whether it’s an instinct or otherwise, I drilled my roots that were on the ground into the soil. Just keeping the roots on the surface and supporting my body accumulates fatigue.

 Should I call it stamina or vitality? I can’t really feel any excessive consumption.

 I suddenly checked the Status and confirmed it, I can clearly see what was used.

[Vitality] 1/3

[Vitality] was reduced by 1.

 Maybe I will die if this goes to 0?

 I don’t want to test this.

 I realised when the [Vitality] decreased I got extremely tired, let’s make sure that doesn’t happen again.

Well, anyway.

I’ve confirmed this walkable weed thing of mine.

 Even if I can’t walk much at the moment, the information on the Status is likely to be true.

 Hence I need to confirm the rest of the information.

With that in mind, let’s focus on the [Skills] part of the Status. I want to acquire deeper knowledge about the {{Photosynthesis}} skill, it looked different compared to other things in the Status.

[Skill] {{Photosynthesis}}

 [Description] Inside your body you have chlorophyll which produces carbohydrates and oxygen with energy from light, water, and carbon dioxide. Generate magic power when you want to use the magical energy in the atmosphere. Produces Vitality and Magic.

 [Effect] Has the effect of restoring Vitality and Magic.

Somehow in the display, you can see detailed information.

 What I know already is subtly different, but I feel it’s almost the same so let’s believe it for now.

 Let me check another skill.

[Skill] {{Magic Sense}}

 [Description] See the magic power and magic energy in the surrounding environment. {High Level}{Top Race}{Title · Sage} In the case that these conditions are met, other supplementary senses are possible.

 [Effect] Able to see magic power and energy.

Huh?

 Somehow the [Description] and [Effect] both explain what I think. However, just the explanation of [Effect] is simple enough.

 Well, anyway – It probably means I can sense my surroundings including feeling the wind and smelling the nearby scents, that’s what this skill does.

[Skill] {{Energy Drain}}

 [Description] You can absorb Vitality and Magic from anything, living or otherwise, by touch. It is possible to absorb from anywhere on your body. Some races have body parts more conducive for this skill. Such as plant species’ roots.

 [Effect] Absorbs Vitality and Magic through touch.

Yup.

 As I thought, the explanation [Effect] provides is simpler.

 However, this skill is useful. As soon as I realised this I willed my roots into the surrounding soft soil and could sense something being sucked up.

 Out of nowhere a warm feeling spreads down my back, like slowly soaking in a bath (What is a bath?), it feels good. Slowly but surely my exhaustion melts into nothingness.

[Skill] {{Rhizome Creation}}

 [Description] Creates rhizomes, and stores nutrients, Vitality, and Magic. You can withdraw and use the rhizomes, and when they aren’t in danger they can regenerate.

 [Effect] Create rhizomes and store nutrients, Vitality, and Magic.

What is a rhizome?

Potato and garlic come to mind. Are they edible?

[Skill] {{Seed Generation}}

 [Description] Consuming Vitality and Magic, create seeds to pass on to further generations. Normally, seeds become fruit after blooming. You can choose how they germinate.

 [Effect] Consume Vitality and Magic to produce seeds.

Don’t seeds just pop into being?

 Well, usually vegetables and fruits cover themselves with their pulp, which is natural.

Hmmm.

 Normal [Skill]’s have now been checked.

 The details of [Attribute] haven’t been shown, so next to confirm is [Title].

[Title] {{Thinking Grass}}

 [Description] Through some kind of cause and effect, a strange ego has awoken in some grass. By using your eyes, you cannot understand the material world, so how can you think of your surroundings? Is the vessel of the soul an inevitable mistake, or is it God’s mischief?

 [Effect] Able to do things unavailable those not abnormal.

The soul's vessel is a mistake?

 Am I also a human?

 I don’t agree it’s inevitable, but it is God’s mischief I’ll hit them.

[Title] {{Sage}}

 [Description] Proof someone gained large amounts of knowledge few know about. Helps others by being knowledgeable and sharing their wisdom.

 [Effect] {Appraisal}{Self Appraisal} and so on, [Description] displays more details. Analyse skills with a visual system to be easier to understand and more effective.

Oh!

 Somehow, this time [Effect] has a different explanation.

 The Title {{Sage}} seems to sometimes improve the information of skills, adding [Description] to it.

Now.

This was the last thing to check –– So concluding, did I really reincarnate from a human into a weed?

 However, it makes me wonder whether I want to return to being a human or not.

Well, I think a slow life in this forest isn’t bad.

 This is a proper life, isn’t it?

 

[author] A request to you readers.

 If you like my work, I would be grateful if you would bookmark it!

 Thank you very much for your support!

 m(_ _)m



2 comments:

  1. It is already being translated and is in the 30's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first chapter or two was MLTed so I wanted to improve it, but I hadn't realised they were still translating. I guess I'll be translating alongside them, but I won't be adding the releases to novel updates unless I catch up and they've stopped.

      You can feel free to read this or theirs. But I will be translating other series' after this one ends

      Delete