Thursday 25 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 7

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 2 Bandit Part 2



Sponsored Chapter


Tired: Thank you very much for the donation RobertJay!



— — —




Caron and I had been going out on a regular basis since our first trip to the castle town. We went exploring places we hadn't been to before, but our main activity was interacting with the local children.


That plaza seemed to be a gathering place for children from all over the castle town, with about ten people always present.


Although we all played together, there were some boys and girls with whom we formed a particularly close bond.


One of them was Dan Breed Magra. He’s a big kid for his age and had a wild appearance. His personality is as dynamic as his outward appearance. Although he can be a bit pushy, he often acts as a leader for the children gathered in the plaza. His hair and eyes are brown, so his magic attribute is most likely Earth.


The other one is, Tala Brumaire Magra. As you can guess from her name, she’s Dan's younger sister and one year younger than us. She has a sensitive personality, is serious and thoughtful, and is a bit shy, in contrast to her rough older brother. Her hair and eyes are the same color as her brother's, so I thought that her magic attribute is also Earth. She calls herself Tally as a nickname.


The last one is, Miria Hozate Kikus. Her age’s the same as us, siblings, and Dan. She and the Magura siblings are childhood friends who live next door and always play together. She has a vivacious personality that is appropriate for her age and enjoys running around. Her hair and eyes are green, so I'm guessing her magical attribute is Wind.


Recently, we often play with these three. We usually visit about twice a week, but we see each other every time. I guess we have a good chance of meeting them.




“Let's play hide-and-seek today!”

“Un, sure! It's my first time playing with Caron and the others, so I'm looking forward to it!”

“I’m still not tired, and Tally is the same.”




When the familiar faces gathered, Dan raised his fist in the air and declared.


Miria and Tala also nodded their heads in agreement.


Tala was a bit reluctant, but it can't be helped because she likes indoors. However, since we are playing together like this, it seems that she does not really dislike it.


Then, my sibling and I also agree with him.




“That's fine with me, too.”

“I'm fine with it. Just explain the rules to us first-timers.”




As a side note, Caron continues to use a polite tone of voice. This is because learning honorifics was easier for the children than learning different ways of speaking now.


Getting back to the topic.




“Then, Tally will explain.”




At my request, Tala stepped forward. She is usually the one who takes the lead in situations that require the use of her head. I felt sorry for her because she was younger than the other two, but she seemed to be a hard worker.




“First, while the ogre counts to a hundred, the rest of us hide somewhere. The range is two blocks from the plaza. Once hidden, they must not move until they are found. The time limit is 30 minutes, and if everyone is found by then, the ogre wins. Any questions?"

“Can I hide anywhere as long as it's within range?”

“You can't hide in other people's houses. Also, you can't do it in their stores because they'll get angry.”

“All right. No more questions from me.”

“Caron?”

“Hmm…I don't have any questions either.”

“Then let's choose whose the ogre!”




After our Q&A session was over, Dan raised his voice cheerfully. Then we all played rock-paper-scissors to decide who would be the ogre.


Then, the result was—




“I’m the ogre!”




I was the only one who got a paper and lost. It was a pity that the decision was made with a single shot, without any redo. Well, there was no bargaining, and it was completely a game of luck.




“Let's get started right away. I'm going to count now, so go ahead and hide.”

“Uwaaah~ hide~!”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





As soon as I started mumbling the numbers, Miria ran off with a flippant remark. Dan and Tala quickly followed suit.


On the other hand, Caron’s still standing there.




“O-Onii-sama…”




Her face was tense, and her voice trembled as if she wanted to say something.


I was skeptical at first, but I quickly realized what she was thinking.


Come to think of it, this is the first time Caron has acted alone in the city. She must be feeling uneasy because I had always been by her side until now.


I am glad that she is relying on me, her Onii-sama, but considering the future, I can't leave things the way they are.


After I tried my best to speak softly to him, Caron nodded his head, though he seemed reluctant to do so. He glanced at me and left the plaza.




“Caron, hurry. It's hide-and-seek, so you have to hide.”

“B-But…”




She fussed over her, but I shake my head.




“Caron must be able to walk the streets by herself. This time it's just for fun, but it's an experience I'm going to need someday. It's not like we're parting for life, just for a little while. So you don't have to be concerned.”

“...I understand…”




After I tried my best to speak softly to her, Caron nodded her head, though she seemed reluctant to do so, glancing at me as she left the plaza.


My lips relax at the sight of my little sister's cheeky smile.




“I guess this is how she grows up…fufufu.”





I chuckled at my own words that I let slip unintentionally.


Well, if I combine my previous life, we're about the same age difference as a parent and child, so the feelings I'm experiencing may be similar.


While thinking about such an unimportant thing, I counted the numbers in order from one to the next. Slowly and painstakingly so that everyone would have enough time to hide.


So after saying a hundred, I looked around. There's a saying, “It's darkest under the lamp,” and that's why I searched the immediate area. The plaza was an open space, so there were few places to hide, but I wanted to be sure.


Sure enough, there was no sign of Caron and the others, just a group of small children playing together. There was no doubt that they were hiding elsewhere.


To be honest, I could have found them all in an instant if I had used my detection spell. My detection spell is to diffuse my own Mana in waves and search the Mana around me. It's an excellent method for finding people.


However, it’s immature to use it. I believe this is a game of hide-and-seek to search with my own eyes and feet.


Now, where are they hiding?


The area where we can hide is two blocks, which is about 200 square meters. It would be extremely difficult for a four-year-old to find four people in 30 minutes. If I were to search in the dark, I would not make it in time.


I had a rough idea of what I was looking for. Dan’s a simpleton, so he must have hidden at the furthest point from the square. I can assume that Milia, who’s closest to Dan, is with him.


The tricky one is Tala. She is far too bright to be Dan's sister. I had a feeling that she would at least try to position herself on the opposite side of the square from Dan and the others so that I wouldn’t find her within the time limit. Or maybe she'd go behind their backs and be right near the plaza.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 22/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






4 comments:

  1. It's for fun he said, but the title said bandit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bad feeling... Because hide and seek is a scary game

    ReplyDelete