Thursday 25 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 6

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 — Chapter 2 Bandit Part 1




“I’m going out with Onii-sama~! And just the two of us~!”




Caron is walking next to me, holding my hand, as if she is about to take her first steps.


I smiled at the sight of my sister's smiling face. The people I pass along the way are also smiling at how cute she is. Fufufu. As one would expect from my beloved sister. Everyone seems to be drawn to her cuteness.


Just as Caron said, we were out alone walking together in the castle town.


Naturally, we were on a secret trip, and no one but Shion knew about it. If they knew, this would surely cause a big commotion.


However, there’s no way that we will be discovered. Because we are currently disguised as children in the town using disguise magic, and we have an alter ego in the castle who impersonates us. Plus, I don't have to worry about anything because I have my follow-up person, Shion, standing by our alter ego…No, I feel like I'm having extra heartache because I'm afraid that Shion is going to screw up about it. Let's hope she doesn't make a fatal mistake.


Incidentally, the alter ego is a joint effort between me and Shion. I created the body by coloring the solidified Mana with disguise magic and imitated our minds with Mind Magic to implant a pseudo soul.


The body would be exposed if it was touched by someone, but it won’t be a problem if there’s no physical contact at all.


We created it ourselves, but I think we produced an extraordinary product. When it was completed, both Shion and I were stunned. We swore to each other that we would never reveal it to the public.


I’m not at all worried that Shion will betray me, because I made sure of it by using the [Pledge] from Mind Magic.


[Pledge] is the spell of making a person keep a promise, literally. A wedge of magical power is driven into the target's psyche, and damage is inflicted according to the conditions. In this case, it is "not to leak information about the Foranada siblings without my—Zechs’— permission.” On my part, I have [Pledge] not to divulge her secret unless Shion breaks her [Pledge].


It would have been fine if it had just been Shion, but I demonstrated my sincerity there; I don't believe there is any sincerity in threatening her, but that's just my own self-satisfaction.


(Tired: Booo! Be merciless for your sister!)


—Anyway, back to the topic.


Thanks in part to the magic between me and Shion, I was able to gain my freedom. Until now, I had no choice but to work inside the castle because of the eyes of the people around me. Even if I could get out, I was limited to the nearby forest. It’s great that this restriction has been removed.


I need to be stronger, and being able to go out here will have a tremendous positive impact on that.


So this outing with Caron served as a springboard for me to venture out on my own. It was almost like training. After all, despite having memories from my previous life, I had little experience venturing outside the castle. Particularly in the presence of strangers. To some extent, I needed to get used to it.


Then why’s Caron with me? That's because my alter ego was exposed to her in seconds.


I'm actually embarrassed because I confidently assured Shion that “she would never find out,” but it didn't work for her. According to her, we felt totally different. I don't understand it, but if Caron, who’s a Bro-con says so, she must be right.


It's possible that it won't work even with skilled warriors or assassins, so it may be necessary to refine it further. I'm going to keep working on it with Shion.


Getting back to the topic again.


Because of this, Caron’s also accompanying me on this outing. I’m worried about unforeseen circumstances, but I have no complaints at all about the date with my beloved sister. Wouldn’t it be wiser to enjoy this opportunity?


Well, we’re four-year-old children. I think our outings will be limited to walking around the castle town at most. Even so, it will be our first time outside, so we should be able to enjoy ourselves to a certain extent. Especially, everything will be new to Caron.


As I had expected, Caron was very excited when we arrived at the castle town. “What is that?” “This is incredible!” “That one is also intriguing!” And so on. She seemed excited by everything she saw. Of course, I have that adorable image permanently stored in my brain.


After walking along the main shopping street for a while, we came across an open space. It seemed to be a plaza that was just a little bit away from the center of town.


The plaza seemed to be a playground for children, and there were children about the same age as us—Around four or five years old. There were about ten of them, but considering the population of the Holy Kingdom, I think that’s a large number.


Then for two of us who had been confined to the castle for so long, the opportunity to interact with others our own age was precious. In particular, my younger sister, this was probably her first time meeting with them.


In fact, when Caron saw the children, she was surprised and her eyes were full of anticipation as if she had discovered a rare animal.


She tugged at the hem of my clothes and raised her voice with a hint of amusement.




“Onii-sama!”

“Un, should we ask if we could play with them?”




I nodded, realizing what Caron was trying to say.


If the people from the castle heard that the lord's daughter was making a “request” to the citizens, they would surely put a stop to it.


But that didn't bother me.


One of the reasons for our outing was to conceal our identities, but our primary goal was something else.


Even if there’s a difference in status, you can't just give orders without thinking. You should be sincere, consider the feelings of the other person, and ask for help in a way that’s appropriate to the situation. I wanted Caron to learn these moral values.


Of course, she shouldn’t forget her position as an aristocrat, but I should leave that kind of attitude to the tutor provided by our family. Even I can't teach her that.




“E-Excuse me, but could you guys lend me a bit of your time, please?”




Caron mustered the courage to call out to the children chasing each other. I think she's adorable as she blushes with nervousness on her cheeks!


The children looked at her as if they were wondering what was going on.


Perhaps it was because nearly ten eyes were on her at once, Caron’s shoulder tremble, and immediately grabbed my hand, who was standing next to her.


She's more shy than usual, which is adorable, but I don't think it's very mature of me to keep looking over her shoulder. (Tired: Dude. She’s 4 yrs old…)


I whispered to her, “It’s all right” and let go of her hand.


Caron's expression softened somewhat as if this action had reassured her. Then, after a small deep breath, she spun the words—




“I-Is it all right if I could play with you!?”




Caron's clear voice echoed through the plaza.




“”””””””””.........””””””””””




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




The children, on the other hand, were dumbfounded.


They didn't respond at all, and because of it, Caron became nervous.


This development was unexpected for me, and I was a little confused.


What’s wrong with those kids? It doesn't seem like Caron was at fault.


I tilted my head for a while, but as I looked at the expressions on the children's faces, I arrived at an answer.




“Ahhh, so that’s how it is.”

“D-Do you know anything about it, Onii-sama!?”




When I muttered unintentionally, Caron reacted as if she was going to bite me.


I then smiled bitterly and soothed her.



“Calm down, It's not so difficult to talk about. It's just that they didn't understand what Caron said.”

“They didn’t understand? Are they foreigners?”

“No, Those kids don't know honorifics. That's why they don't understand what Caron is saying.”



(Tired: In this part err…Caron said 私(Watakushi)(I, Me) earlier, which is a more polite way of say saying 私(Watashi)(I, me) in Japanese.)




Unlike us, who were educated as nobles from an early age, the children in front of us are pre-schoolers.


There’s a school where they can learn basic studies, apart from the school where the game takes place. However, they are too young to enter such a school since they could only enter at the age of nine.


Therefore, they don't know honorifics. The unfamiliar word is not much different from the languages of other countries.


When I explained that much, Caron tilted her head slightly.




“What’s ‘Honorific?’”

“Eh?”




The unexpected response surprised me for a moment.


This time, however, I realized it right away.


It seemed that this young girl did not know the concept of honorific language. Although she had been taught how to use language by the instructor, she was unlikely to recognize it as a form of honorific expression.


I think about what I was going to say before opening my mouth.




“The way Caron speaks—the polite way you were taught by your instructor, is called honorific speech. Honorifics are for adults, so those kids don't know it.”




Not strictly true, but this explanation should be fine for now. I think my sister, who’s intelligent, can understand it with her own knowledge.


And it seems that I’m correct because she spoke in a flustered voice,




“T-Then what should I do, Onii-sama!? I(Watakushi), have no idea how to speak without using honorifics!”




Is this the side effect of her good upbringing? Caron, who never had a chance to speak to others in a casual manner, did not have the language that the children could understand.


However, she has a loophole.




“No, that's not true. I don't speak to Caron in an honorific tone of voice, right? If you use my tone of voice as a guide, you should be able to get by.”




In fact, it would be difficult to suddenly change the way she speaks. But I think it will be okay as long as I follow along.




“Look, everything is a challenge, right?”

“I-I’ll do my best!”




When I encouraged her, Caron clenched her fists. Then she called out to the children again.




“Umm…play with you guys…Is it all right?”




Caron said it successfully, although it was somewhat broken.


This time, her words seemed to be understood well, and the children looked at each other and then nodded with smiles.




“”””””””””Sure!!!””””””””




After that, my sibling and I ran around the plaza until the sun went down.


(Tired Man, this made me miss my childhood.)






“I’m really sorry, Onii-sama…”




I could hear Caron's apology from behind my back.


I was walking with my sister on my back in the city dyed in the evening glow. The reason is that Caron had played with children of the same age for the first time, and she seemed to have over-exerted herself, and by the time she finished playing, she was so exhausted that she couldn't move a single step.


So I had to carry her on my back on the way home, and she seemed to feel guilty about it.


It was a reward for me to be able to carry her on my back, but I knew she wouldn't be satisfied if I told her that.


I choose my words carefully and told her—




“You don't have to apologize; I'm not bothered by this situation.”

“But…”

“I understand that Caron feels sorry for me. But put yourself in the opposite position. If I were to bother you, would you feel annoyed with me?”

“Of course not!”




I get a strong rebuttal to my question.


The fact that she shouted even though she was supposed to be tired was proof that she thought it so strongly.


I was pleased about that fact as I continued.




“Then I’m the same, I'm happy to help Caron. We're good siblings and we support each other.”

“Support each other…”




Caron muttered a little as if she felt something in the line I just said.




“That’s right. When I'm in trouble, Caron can help me.”

“Yes! I will help Onii-sama!”

“Yeah, I’ll rely on you then.”




I naturally smile at Caron's lighthearted reply.


Caron’s growing up well. She has become so kind-hearted that it’s hard to believe that she was a villainess in the game.


I was genuinely happy to see my beloved little sister growing up so quickly.


After that, we walked home slowly as I talk with my sister.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sponsored Chapter 25/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






10 comments:

  1. Does anyone have any sense how long the "child" portion of the story lasts? I think the story has potential, but am losing interest because we are following around 4 year olds - regardless of how internally mature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answering my own earlier question, its a long frickin' time. By chapter 48, they are still only 8 years old. The most comparable novel I can think to this - The Villainous Daughter’s Butler ~I Raised Her to be Very Cute~ - had the MCs far more advanced by that stage, as they were well into the academy arc. Unfortunately, and while I give full credit to the translators for their work on this, it will be hard to follow this novel as the MCs are basically children through much of the development.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here for the game plot (maybe a bit for the harem too lol) but if the childhood part is gonna be that long I might drop it, seems unnecessarily long...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These chapters show how important it is for parents to spend time with children. Childhood days shape a children

    ReplyDelete
  5. After that, my sibling and I ran around the plaza until the sun went down.
    (Tired Man, this made me miss my childhood.)
    Me to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kalon, Calon -> Caron

    Thanks for the chap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This translator has fucking issues. His groomer comment last chapter? A groomer is someone raising a naive young person to be a sexual partner. Obviously this MC does not fall in that category. There was nothing sexual about his interactions with his sister, other than the translators comments. Thus, the only fucking creep here is the translator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. from villain to simp.... yes a big change

    ReplyDelete