Saturday 20 August 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 2

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 1 - Chapter 1 The World of The Game Part 2


I turned three years old after caring for Karon for two years. The guideline that I established is currently working well. Caron is still a sweet little girl at the age of two.




“Nii-sama, Butterflies! There! Butterflies!”

“Ah, That's a type called a Magic Light Butterfly. It’s said that this precious butterfly only appears in flower gardens where the magical elements in the atmosphere are clean and well nurtured.”

“Magic butterfly…As expected of Nii-sama! So knowledgeable(Hakushiki)!”

“Fufu, Thank you. I'm surprised that you know such a difficult word, Caron. You’re very knowledgeable too.”




My sister and I are taking our daily walks in the garden, and she is as adorable as ever. Her blonde hair gleams in the sunlight, and her red eyes sparkle like the sun. Even in games, she's ostensibly known as the "Saintess of Sunlight," and it's not an exaggeration to say she's the sun's child.

It's not just her appearance.





“We were able to see the Magic butterflies thanks to the Gardener’s daily efforts to take care of flowers, right? I will have to thank them later!”

“Is that so? Then let’s talk to them after this walk.”

“Yes!”




She’s also a kind-hearted child who can appreciate others. My little sister’s perfectly beautiful both outside and inside.


With this, there’s no way that a mortal doom will come to Caron—but I cannot let my guard down yet. She’s only two years old. There’s a good chance that her personality will change in the future.


Besides, because the world is similar to that game, there may be a force that leads to the same fate. I won't feel safe until our absolute safety is guaranteed.


I would protect my cute little sister at all costs. I was determined to do so.






In order to protect Caron, I myself needed to have power. No matter how much knowledge I had from my previous life, the reality was not so sweet that I could overcome it with just my wits.


Fortunately, my knowledge from my previous life included a way to become a powerful person in this world. Up to now, since my body was not yet ready, I had only been training to increase my magical power and improve my ability to manipulate it, but it should be time for me to enter the next stage of my training.




The rough plan is to work on my physical body, learn martial arts, and practice magic.


The former is no different from training in my previous life. Build up your endurance by running, and strengthen your muscles by strength training. I've heard it said that it's not good to build up too much muscle at an early age, so I'll work out while keeping an eye on things. I will also work on my flexibility. In that way, the risk of being injured will be reduced drastically.


For the latter, I'm thinking of using my knowledge of games from my previous life. I know that this will make me stronger, but…to tell the truth, I could not become stronger with the knowledge that is generally available. Or rather, the future is uncertain even if I mobilize my game knowledge.


Because I had a problem with my constitution.


In this world, magic has an aptitude called [Attribute], which is basically an inborn trait. A person born with a proclivity for the fire attribute can only use it for the rest of their life.




The aptitude can be judged from the appearance of the practitioner. The color of the hair and eyes will be determined according to their aptitude. For example, red for fire, blue for water, brown for earth, green for wind, purple for darkness, and gold for light. If a person has more than one attribute, the colors will be mixed, or the hair and eyes will be different colors. For example, Caron has blond hair and red eyes, which means that she has light and fire attributes.


By the way, the light attribute is very rare, and the main character in the game, The Holy Saint, also has the light attribute, but I’ll talk about that later.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Getting back to the main topic.


This magical aptitude is what gets me into trouble. Looking back at my hair and eye color. I have gray hair and very light purple eyes.


If you're a keen observer, you've probably deduced that there is no attribute that corresponds to the color white. In other words, my magical aptitude is non-attribute. I have some aptitude for darkness mixed in, but not at a level that would make it useful as magic.


In the world of “Magic,” being non-attributed is a sign of incompetence. They are often referred to by the derogatory term “Colorless,” and are labeled as “A straggler whose path to becoming a wizard was blocked from birth.”


The reason why non-attributes are so ridiculed is that they cannot [Create] magic.


The magic in this world has a clearly defined procedure for activating it as magic.




First, [Absorb] Absorbs magical elements in the atmosphere.


Second, [Conversion] Converts the magical elements taken into the body into magical power.


Third, [Design] Imagines the form of the magic to be performed.


Fourth, [Release] Releases the magic power that has been given [Design] out of the body.


Finally, [Create] Transforms the magic outside the body according to how they were [Design].




Only after these five steps are completed can Magic be activated.


However, the last process, [Release], is not possible for non-attributes. No matter how hard I tried, I had no choice but to treat magic power as magic.


I wondered if there was any way to do this, but the game developers in my previous life had made it clear that it was impossible, so I had no choice but to give up.


If magic was impossible, I could just use my magical power as it was. Fortunately, magic power can be moved as [Design] even if it does not [Create].


—That’s what I thought, but it was not a realistic way to go about it either.





This is due to the fact that magic is pure energy. It's like a ghost with no substance, and intervening in physical phenomena is difficult. It was a dream come true to be able to use it for both attack and defense.


Although the absolute number of non-attribute bearers is small, the inhabitants of this world are not stupid. I think they did a whole lot of research. As a result, they called us incompetent, so there was no way I could easily find a way to recover from the disaster.


That’s why I have no choice but to use my knowledge of the game to train my skills in the magic system. With the general knowledge I have at the moment, it’s not possible to make use of the non-attribute.


However, although I have talked about a hopeless view so far, it is not at all impossible that it could be stronger.




Actually, a certain researcher made several references to non-attributes during the game. It was a risky bet, depending on the outcome of future research.


But it's not an exaggeration to say that it's a seed of hope for me. The chances of the content touched in the game being completely incorrect are slim, and above all, I don't have any other options.


If the game is correct, I will be at least 20 years ahead of the technology. This would be a huge advantage.


It will be more like a research project than pure training, but I want to devote myself to it. I have a feeling that the outcome of this will change the future of both of us siblings.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Tired: New series! Hope you guys would like it!



Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






8 comments:

  1. Thanks for chapters , what schelude ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was supposed to post one chapter a day but our internet right now is super slow(BLAME PLDT!!!!!!) like I have to wait 5-10 mins a single website to load, so probably once 2-3 days. This 2 chapters took me one hour to post btw.

      Anyways, thanks for reading my translations 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜

      Delete
    2. Lol u from ph author? Its true tho PLDT sucks

      Delete
  2. Gray hair and light purple eyes? MC is a Targaryen?

    ReplyDelete