Friday 30 September 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 47

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 2 — Teacher Part 2



Sponsored Chapter



— — —



“It’s about your Fiancee, Zechs-sama.”

“.....Ah….”



Daniel's words stunned me for a moment. I managed to squeeze out a few words, but they came out sounding dreary.


I then rub my fingers between my eyebrows and open my mouth again.




“Yeah, you’re right. After my Ninth Ceremony, I have to decide on my Fiancée, right?”




The Ninth Ceremony was the first step toward adulthood. To start it means that I must also start preparing to fulfill obligations that were important to the nobility. In other words, the preparation of a successor, and by extension, the preparation of a spouse.


It was customary for the Nobles of the Holy Kingdom to find their Fiancée after their Ninth Ceremony and decide within a year.




“That is correct, sir.”




He nodded his head in a cheerful manner, and I felt a little annoyed because his attitude seemed to be somehow enjoying himself.


Well, I guess he was actually having fun.


From his point of view, I'm his boss, but I'm also a child as old as his grandson. I guess choosing a marriage partner for me might be the same as choosing a marriage partner for his grandchild.


But a fiancée? It was a standard situation for Nobles, but when it happens to me, I felt indescribably complicated.


For the record, I have nothing against political marriages. The romanticists in this world claim that “Personal Freedom” was the end point of love, but marriage wasn’t the end point of love. Love was just one of the tools used in marriage. In fact, in today's society, just because you fall in love does not mean that you would get married.


And just because it was a political marriage doesn't mean you couldn't fall in love. I think it was very possible to fall in love with someone after marriage.


Because of this subjective viewpoint, I wasn’t pessimistic about my engagement.


Now then, the reason I have I felt complicated about it was because—




“Is there a young lady who would like to get engaged with me?”




—I had no marriage partner.


Let me remind you of my Magical Attribute.


I’m a Non-Attribute. I'm a person who was despised by the world as incompetent or a colorless person. No parent would send their daughter off to a man like that.


From a nobleman's point of view, they wouldn’t gain benefit from me. The successor would be mixed with Non-Attribute blood, and from the perspective of other families, it was uncertain whether or not I would succeed the Foranada family. No matter how many precedents there were for female lords, the difference in aptitude between me and Caron was too great.


In fact, I hold the real power in Foranada, but I strictly protected that information from leaking out.


In short, I wasn’t a desirable marriage partner. It was sad to say it myself, but it was an undeniable fact.




“””””.........”””””




In response to my words, a deep silence descended on the office.



And that was good. If they were to say something outrageous here, I would have fired them without question.


Then after a while, Daniel spoke with a strained voice as if to break the silence.




“Zechs-sama’s capabili—”

“Rejected.”




I interrupted him before he could finish his sentence.


He was about to say something about disclosing the information about me anyway.


And that wasn’t a great idea. Caron’s reputation had not yet settled down, and there was no end to the number of assassins. Under such circumstances, we couldn’t take action that would create more enemies.


At the very least, we should wait and see what happens in the next two years. It would be too late to decide on my Fiancée, but that was all I could do.


I shrugged as he looked at me with a somber expression on his face.




“We don’t have to decide on my fiancee for now since I could find someone who I want to marry while I’m at the Academy.”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Not all nobles were able to decide on their Fiancée after their Ninth Ceremony. Some looked for a marriage partner at the academy, where all children in the country gather.




“But that would hurt Zech-sama’s name…”

“Certainly, I’m a son of a Count and I don't have a fiancée, then there must be a problem with me personally. But it's too late for that because I don't have any attributes.”




The fact that I’m a Non-Attribute has brought down my reputation. Then also the fact that I don’t have Fiancee would lower it even more.


I gently said so to Daniel, who was deeply discouraged about it.




“Well, we can never be absolutely certain that there would be no proposal, and as for my Fiancée, we still have more than a year so let’s wait and see.”

“...I understand.”




He knows that this was wishful thinking. Still, he respected my decision and didn’t pursue the matter. They really were excellent subordinates.


After the consultation was over, a heavy atmosphere filled the room. It was an atmosphere that was difficult to dispel because of the topic we discussed earlier.


But it would soon be over.


Just like a savior, a knock sounded in the room.


Prompting them to enter the room, the person in question appeared in high spirits.




“Onii-sama!”



The visitor was in fact my younger sister, Caron. Her golden hair, which reached her waist, was glossy without being unraveled one by one. Her facial features on her white porcelain skin were beautiful even though she was still young. My angel was as lovely as ever today.


Caron's red eyes narrowed in delight as she rushed toward me. Seeing so, I stood up and accepted her embrace.


I couldn't help but love Caron as she hugs me, but I wonder what was wrong with her all of a sudden. Hugs were a regular occurrence, but it was rare to see one without context.


I tilted my head and asked.




“What's wrong, Caron?”




She answers while burying her face in my neck.




“I’m going to church now. So this is how I am absorbing the Brother component.”

“Is that so?”




I was satisfied with her answer.


Caron gained a lot of fame with the recent civil war. She was widely known as a benevolent saint who saved innocent commoners with her Light Magic.


Because of that, all sorts of troubles have come into play...One of them was a request for cooperation from the Church.


The Church is an organization that organizes the religions that the Holy Kingdom adheres to. It was responsible for giving a baptismal name to all its citizens and also manages a sanatorium that heals the injured and sick.


In case you were wondering, it wasn’t a group steeped in the lust for authority that was standard in fantasy works. The current church was definitely a purely religious organization.


…Well, a purely religious organization is not necessarily “Righteous,” but let's put that aside for now.


What the church wants Caron to do was to help with the work on the sanatorium.


The facility was chronically short of staff because of the large number of patients who visit every day. So having Caron, who can cast recovery magic, assist them would be a godsend.


Incidentally, the treatment in this world wasn’t much different from the medical treatment in the previous world. As one might expect, there were no antibiotics, but coping therapy with drugs and surgical treatment such as surgery were the mainstays of treatment.


Well, water and fire magic were used to accelerate the metabolism, but it wasn’t like in other fantasy works, where the cure was instantaneous and complete with potions and magic.


Getting back to the topic.


When asked if it was troublesome to deal with a large number of patients, it wasn’t. Caron was rather enthusiastic about treating the injured and sick. She was even taking active steps to help many people.


The problem was with the church. The church was against me.


I believe I mentioned before that there were monotheistic and polytheistic religious factions. Although they were on a smaller scale, there were some people in the church who thought that “Magic aptitude is a blessing from God.”


You could guess the rest. They believe that I, as a Non-Attribute, am a person who has been abandoned by God. Furthermore, there were many such people in the Foranada territory's church.


Thanks to Caron’s presence, who has the aptitude for light, we have been able to avoid the worst-case scenario of the church withdrawing from the Foranada territory. However, once Caron’s gone, I'm sure they would immediately pack up their belongings. That was how much the church was looking at me.


This is only speculation, but I think my baptismal name, “Levito,” was borrowed from the witch Leviathan.


Ostensibly, it was derived from a Hero named, Liviet, but considering the attitude of that church, it was more fitting that it was derived from the witch. I don't want to pick a fight, so I won't say anything unnecessary.


Let's get back to the topic.


Caron told me that every time she comes to help, the church members talk badly about me. She also said that they were willing to help her when she decides to take action. I'm wondering if they're insane because they're inciting her to rebel.


For Caron, who was a Bro-con, it was very stressful to be in an environment where she has to listen to people badmouthing her brother. Hence, she gives me a big hug before she leaves.


I have suggested that she could refuse to cooperate, but she perseveres, knowing that she cannot abandon her patients. I really think Caron was an angel.


After a good ten minutes of hugging, we let go of each other. It was quite sad, but if I don't set a limit, there would be no end to it. So patient, I have to be patient.




“It's finally over. Zechs-nii, I'll be helping out with Caron-chan today.”




Then I heard a voice like a rolling bell.


A girl, or rather a boy, was standing behind Caron. On the top of his was a short reddish-brown head of hair were ears that resemble a fox


His name is Orca, and he was a person who could be mistaken for a beautiful girl. He was my other sibling who was adopted by Foranada for a reason. Of course, he was one of my precious family members.




“You’re helping out? Take it easy and good luck, okay?”

“Un!”




When I stroked his head, Orca narrowed his eyes happily. Doing so, I could also see his tail wagging from side to side.


If he was this happy, it was worth patting him. But I have to be patient and stop it. Just like the hug with Caron, this would go on forever.


I pulled my hand away and smiled at the two of them.




“Take care, both of you.”

“”We’re off!!””




A clear voice resounded in unison.


As usual, my younger siblings were the cutest today too.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sponsored Chapter 3/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter. This is very interesting and I always keep an eye for any updates. I'll express my support after I settle some other matters. Please keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the top of his was a short reddish-brown head of hair were ears that resemble a fox > On the top of his short reddish-brown head of hair were ears that resemble a fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They can rejecte the order from the church to help ,to be honest this was kinda dumb,as far as I remember Light user are freaking rare and they are ordering her to cure a lot of people like if it was just the normal also is surprising that no one asked how she can use that much magic when they didn't even have a teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they can't refuse it. I mean, do you think a Count family can easily go against the State church? The moment he refuse, those ass will come up with a morbillion reasons to forcefully take his sister away. Heck, the royal court is already trying to pull off that crap. And why they don't question how his sister can use magic? Well, they would just cough it up as "god's blessing" or the likes anyway. Since no one ever thought a 7-year-old kid can teach magic so, yeah...

      Delete