Sunday 2 October 2022

I Was Reincarnated As The Older Brother Of A Villainess Destined to Die, So I Want To Change The Future By Raising My Younger Sister With My Own Hands ~I Am The Strongest In The World, But My Little Sister Must Be The Cutest In The World~ || Chapter 49

Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on otakutl official site.

Thank you.
Everyone from Otaku Translation

Previous

TOC

Next



Volume 2 — Chapter 1 — Teacher Part 4



Sponsored Chapter



— — —



“I have a few questions I'd like you to answer for me, is that a problem?”




His tone and voice were very frank.


However, I could not relax. Partly because I knew who the other person was, but also because I realized the true meaning behind those words. If I didn’t speak honestly, my life wouldn’t be guaranteed. That’s what his eyes were telling me.


*Gulp*


Swallowing the spit that had accumulated in my mouth, I slowly nodded my head.


I don't intend to just obey him, but depending on what Akatsuki wants, compromising might be necessary. It was fine if my death settles it. Other than that――if it was going to harm Caron and the others, then I'm going to—




“Then, first question.”




While I was lost in my own thoughts, Akatsuki began to speak.




“That [Disguise] magic, did you learn from an elf?”

“That’s right.”

“Hee~ I was convinced of the magic, but hearing it from your own mouth makes me deeply moved. Does it mean that even the elf-hating citizens of the Holy Kingdom have a separate mouth for useful magic? …No, you’re a child who hasn't even crossed his Ninth Ceremony yet, so you probably have a flexible mind.”




Apparently, he had figured out who I really was. I disguised myself with an appearance of an adult male commoner, which would not be out of place strolling the streets, but it didn’t work on him. I already expected it, but I had mixed feelings about being exposed so easily.


Moreover, he knew the origin of the magic. As expected of a person who has mastered the wisdom of magic and who uses all forms of it, so he was also well versed in the magic of each race, huh?




“Second question. I think the only information that you extracted from me is my name, but that Magic, is that Mind Magic?”

“That’s right.”




No surprise there. As mentioned above, Akatsuki’s well versed in all kinds of Magic. He should know about the existence of Mind Magic.


Perhaps he could handle it, too. As his appearance suggests, he was also a Non-Attribute.


Hearing my reply, he looked very impressed




“Hmm, I see. I'm surprised that at your age you are aware of the existence of Mind Magic. Well, if you were an excellent White Magician, it would have only been a matter of time, but with the values of this world, it's hard to sprout. I'm amazed you discovered it.”




I think it was more of a monologue than something he was letting me hear.


After he had finished convincing himself, Akatsuki asked the next question.





“The third question. Compared to your own strength, you have a very large amount of Mana. How did you increase it?”

“.........”




He was now finally getting serious.


Because of it, I quietly raise my guard.


That question was definitely more in-depth than the previous ones. Even Akatsuki could guess about [Disguise] and Mind Magic. On the other hand, the method of increasing the amount of Mana was something that wouldn’t be known until he heard it from me.


It was hard to read Akatsuki's emotions, whether he was hiding them by some means or not, but I could tell how serious he was just by his facial expressions and voice. This was where the real thing starts.




“You can’t answer? I knew you were using a Forbidden Drug—”

“Wait a minute, I didn't use such a dangerous drug!”




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please read this at (https://darbloodage.blogspot.com/) Thank you!


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




I was so cautious that it delayed my response This almost led to unwanted suspicions, so I hurriedly corrected him.


The “Forbidden Drug” seemed to be a very dangerous item, as a disturbing atmosphere was leaking out. If I hadn't denied it immediately, I would have been obliterated by now. That was dangerous…


Wiping cold sweat from my heart, I decided to answer the previous question.


I don't really want to answer this question because I don't expect anyone in this world to know this knowledge, but I couldn't help myself.


I’m sure he wouldn't spread the information around unnecessarily, and it wasn’t something that was so important that it would weigh against his life.




“Haa…I drink the nectar of a ‘Magical Flower’ on a regular basis…”




“Magical Flower” was a plant that was unique to this world. It looks like a completely blue rose, and it has the property of glowing faintly when Mana passes through it. It was a very beautiful flower, and it was even sold for a high price, especially to aristocrats as an ornamental flower.


—That’s right, it was for ornamental use. Generally speaking, Magic Flower has no value beyond its appearance, and there was no saying that the nectar was edible.


In fact, when the nectar from the 999 Magical Flowers was collected and boiled in hot water with Mana flowing through it, it had the hidden property of becoming a Mana-enhancing drug.


Drinking it would increase my Mana by a whopping ten percent. Moreover, there were no side effects, no limit to the number of times it could be used, and no upper limit to the increase. If one considers that the increase in Mana through meditation was a 10% increase after one hour of daily training for several years, the effect was nothing short of extraordinary.


Well, it was not without problems.


The first barrier would be how to collect the 999 pieces of Magical Flowers.


After all, it was a flower associated with aristocracy. Purchasing one would cost several hundred thousand Yen. The prescribed number was difficult to purchase and collect.


In fact, even Nobles usually purchased bouquets of a few to a dozen or so flowers.


The next barrier was the amount of nectar that could be collected.


Once the nectar was collected, it cannot be collected from the same flower for six months. If I only collect 999 plants, I could only make an increasing potion once every six months. In other words, it was necessary to prepare more than 1,000 Magical Flowers for regular consumption.


So, how did I solve these difficult problems?


It wasn't all that difficult. I made full use of the Count's Family wealth and knowledge of the game.


I think it was needless to say that I mobilized my game knowledge regarding the characteristics of the magical flower. However, this knowledge was different from the “in-game knowledge” that I have used up to now, and it was from the player's perspective.


As was often the case in games where levels and stats are present, there were people who wanted to achieve all the main character's stats in Tōzai no Isamu Sei-ki as well. So, as a result of repeated trial and error, these people discovered the hidden characteristics of the Magical Flower.


Moreover, they had established a method of cultivating the Magical Flowe, which could be realized by pouring in huge amounts of money—money that could be passed on in the rounds—so this was all thanks to the wasted players.


And I used that knowledge. It was a large sum of money in the eyes of the protagonist (The Saint), but it was only a small sum in the eyes of a Count's Family.


Thanks to that, I now have a garden of Magical Flowers. I think the total number of flowers exceeds several hundred thousand. My daily walk was in the garden of the Magical Flower.


When I told Akatsuki about the garden, he gave me a stupid look.


As one would expect from the hidden boss, he seemed to know about the characteristics of the Magical Flower, but he had not expected that a huge garden had already been established.


On second thought, perhaps it was no surprise. They cost hundreds of thousands of yen each. That's growing a few hundred thousand, or if you're not careful, that number could reach 10 million….It was too much of a hobby


Akatsuki was so shocked that it froze, but he recovered after a few moments. He then clapped one hand over his forehead and clucked as if he had a headache, and said,




“It’s insane to think about a garden of Magical Flower, you know?”




It seemed like he was questioning my sanity.


Well, sorry about that. My sister's future was at stake, so this level of insanity is basic behavior. But, I'm not going to say it out loud because I don't know what kind of reaction I would get.


Akatsuki looked at me and let out a big sigh.




“If you're going to lie, you might as well do it better than that. No, I still don't believe it.”

“I'm not lying.”

“I know. I can't read your mind, but I know what you are saying is true.”




The way he just phrased it, doesn't that sound like he was saying he could read minds other than mine? Maybe he could read minds through Mind Magic? But, he can’t do it with mine, so what does he mean…?


I wish he'd stop bombarding me with unexpected information as if it were natural. It was too sudden and confusing.


Without regard to my inner thoughts, Akatsuki proceeded with our conversation.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sponsored Chapter 0/3$


Please support me on Ko-fi!


https://ko-fi.com/tiredtranslations

Please do not delete this
How to find a list of chapters
Please find the chapter label next to your favorite translator's name, and click the label.






4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, with the title being named as teacher, it means that Akatsuki will probably Zechs teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Another asspull made by the author without any pretext whatsoever. Nectar? Flowers? I didn't see you drinking this bs in the past chaps.

    ReplyDelete